Author Topic: Ask QuirkyCarla Anything  (Read 54166 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Ask QuirkyCarla Anything
« Reply #795 on: August 27, 2006, 06:45:47 AM »
Rinding a foom is not a task to be taken lightly.  :-*
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #796 on: August 27, 2006, 11:50:33 AM »
absolutely.  and, once you found one, then the hard work really begins...   >:D  and that's when i meant "thank the gods" to apply...  ;D

:-* :-*

Triste

« Reply #797 on: August 27, 2006, 01:57:31 PM »
Back to QC:
Are you starting school soon?

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #798 on: August 27, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
Yes. I move back to school in one week (yay!), and I'll be starting classes on the 7th.

Triste

« Reply #799 on: August 27, 2006, 11:37:07 PM »
I started this past week and after nine years all the woes and frustration came rushing back in a flash.

Are you taking any interesting classes? 

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #800 on: August 27, 2006, 11:45:24 PM »
I started this past week and after nine years all the woes and frustration came rushing back in a flash.

I'm sorry to hear about that, and I know the feeling (as much as I love college).

Are you taking any interesting classes? 

I'll probably enjoy Child Development II since I liked Child Development I. The other two classes that relate to my major (Introduction to Family Studies and Working With Diverse Families) sound somewhat interesting. I'm worried about the two gen eds I'm taking though- Russian Cultures and Civilization and Early Latin American Civilizations.

Triste

« Reply #801 on: August 27, 2006, 11:54:12 PM »
Aren't those last two electives?  Shouldn't you be able to take fun electives?

I only have one elective in my program, but I can take any class in the entire university, including a med school class if I want.  I can't wait.

Triste

« Reply #802 on: August 27, 2006, 11:54:56 PM »
Do you think if we tried hard enough we could make your thread more popular than you-know-who's?

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #803 on: August 28, 2006, 12:00:39 AM »
Aren't those last two electives?  Shouldn't you be able to take fun electives?

I only have one elective in my program, but I can take any class in the entire university, including a med school class if I want.  I can't wait.

Actually, they go under "nonwestern cultural perspectives." I have to take two, and those were basically the only two classes left. The only reason I didn't put them off longer was I had a limited amount of classes I could sign up for...a lot of classes I wanted were closed.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #804 on: August 28, 2006, 12:01:09 AM »
Do you think if we tried hard enough we could make your thread more popular than you-know-who's?

Possibly.  :laugh:

Triste

« Reply #805 on: August 28, 2006, 12:07:36 AM »
Actually, they go under "nonwestern cultural perspectives." I have to take two, and those were basically the only two classes left. The only reason I didn't put them off longer was I had a limited amount of classes I could sign up for...a lot of classes I wanted were closed.
What year are you?  I would think you're close to graduating, in which case don't you get priority?  Anyway, I can see how you might not want to take those.  But you may find you actually like those classes.  You get to learn about food and music when you study culture, and those are interesting (to me, anyway.)

Also, for what it's worth, in my undergrad program I had to take a class in "Small Groups".  There were like two to choose from, and I chose the one in the business school.  Turned out to be the best class in college I ever took.  I learned a lot about myself and actually looked forward to the class.

Here was my welcome to grad school:  I had a paper due less than a week after class began, 7 pages with at least 5 journal citations.  I'm just venting...don't mind me...I'm okay now that I've turned it in.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #806 on: August 28, 2006, 12:30:11 AM »
What year are you?  I would think you're close to graduating, in which case don't you get priority? 

I should be a junior, but technically I'll be a sophomore again this semester (I'm 4 credits short of being a junior.  :( ), which is what probably screwed me up. I've still got 2-3 years before I graduate.

[ Anyway, I can see how you might not want to take those.  But you may find you actually like those classes.  You get to learn about food and music when you studyculture, and those are interesting (to me, anyway.)

There's a chance I'll like them, as long as they focus more on culture rather than history...I find it hard to pay attention in history classes, though I did like the first half of European history
which mainly focused on France, England, and Spain. I hear Russian history is hard, so I REALLY hope that's mainly about culture, but my sister's boyfriend is Russian, so if I need help, she said we'd have a 3 way chat online.

Also, for what it's worth, in my undergrad program I had to take a class in "Small Groups".  There were like two to choose from, and I chose the one in the business school.  Turned out to be the best class in college I ever took.  I learned a lot about myself and actually looked forward to the class.

That happened to me with a Consumer Health class I took last semester. I only took it to satisfy a hygiene requirement that those going into teaching have to take, but it turned out to be a really fun class and the professor was awesome.

Here was my welcome to grad school:  I had a paper due less than a week after class began, 7 pages with at least 5 journal citations.  I'm just venting...don't mind me...I'm okay now that I've turned it in.

Ugh, I hate those papers! They're so stressful. I'm glad you've turned it in already though. :)

Triste

« Reply #807 on: August 28, 2006, 01:26:47 AM »
That happened to me with a Consumer Health class I took last semester. I only took it to satisfy a hygiene requirement that those going into teaching have to take, but it turned out to be a really fun class and the professor was awesome.

See, there ya go! 

Hygiene.  What the hell?  I'm a nurse and for the life of me I can't figure out what a semester course in consumer health would be like.

Triste

« Reply #808 on: August 28, 2006, 01:34:40 AM »
Do you know what my avatar is?
Do you think I should get a new one?

Triste

« Reply #809 on: August 28, 2006, 01:35:37 AM »
QC, I'm very, very impressed.  Your thread has indeed surpassed she-who-shall-not-be-named.