Author Topic: Ask QuirkyCarla Anything  (Read 53584 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Ask QuirkyCarla Anything
« Reply #1635 on: May 27, 2007, 02:54:27 PM »

i have just been dxed as a white nigger.

I believe the term is wigger.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1636 on: May 27, 2007, 04:07:36 PM »

is that from western nigeria?
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1637 on: May 27, 2007, 04:17:07 PM »

is that from western nigeria?

I think it's from uncle wiggly.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #1638 on: May 27, 2007, 05:28:27 PM »
You have my ears here to Carla, here pm box, and my thread. Your feelings are not "spamming" to me. My pleasure to listen and do you service to right my wrong.
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1639 on: May 27, 2007, 05:32:13 PM »
You have my ears here to Carla, here pm box, and my thread. Your feelings are not "spamming" to me. My pleasure to listen and do you service to right my wrong.

Somehow, flo has confused who is spamming whose thread.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1640 on: May 30, 2007, 04:19:21 PM »
Since when does laughing at someone's comment mean "yes"?  ???

The food here is ok...not as good as The US...must be why Australians are thinner.
I would disagree.  You can get shit food anywhere without trying.
Regardless of where you are, you still have to know who sells a nice 'whatever'.
Where are you based in Australia?  Of course I understand if you don't answer that question.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1641 on: May 31, 2007, 12:59:29 AM »
I was joking around, but there are certain things that I miss...a lot of things are different here. In New Jersey, there are tons of Italian restaurants everywhere, and many of them are owned by people who are actually from Italy (at my favorite Italian restaurant, some of them  actually have wives and children in Italy, but own and work at the restaurant in NJ...they visit Italy often though). The Italian pizza, pasta, etc.are fabulous. Almost every Italian place I've gone to here has Asians working in them, and the food isn't as good though I've started to like spaghetti bolognese. I've found some that I like, but they're still different. I'm also not that big of a fan of Asian food...it's something I like to have once in a while.

To answer your question, I'm in a Sydney suburb.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1642 on: May 31, 2007, 01:08:15 AM »
I was joking around, but there are certain things that I miss...a lot of things are different here. In New Jersey, there are tons of Italian restaurants everywhere, and many of them are owned by people who are actually from Italy (at my favorite Italian restaurant, some of them  actually have wives and children in Italy, but own and work at the restaurant in NJ...they visit Italy often though). The Italian pizza, pasta, etc.are fabulous. Almost every Italian place I've gone to here has Asians working in them, and the food isn't as good though I've started to like spaghetti bolognese. I've found some that I like, but they're still different. I'm also not that big of a fan of Asian food...it's something I like to have once in a while.

Aha...if you were in Melbourne you would be getting prime Italian food! 
I must say Melbourne has the best food / cafe quality in Australia...which they are quite proud of.  You really notice the difference.  Could also be the ethnicity difference also, you are right. 

I went to Sydney not that long ago, and I have a few friends there.  If I can think of some places later, I'll let you know.  Can't have you bagging our food...and no, never eat Italian at a Chinese run restaurant!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1643 on: May 31, 2007, 01:11:21 AM »
Chinese run restaurant? As in, run for your life, or as in how often you need the toilet afterwards?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1644 on: May 31, 2007, 01:40:25 AM »

Aha...if you were in Melbourne you would be getting prime Italian food! 
I must say Melbourne has the best food / cafe quality in Australia...which they are quite proud of.  You really notice the difference.  Could also be the ethnicity difference also, you are right. 

I went to Sydney not that long ago, and I have a few friends there.  If I can think of some places later, I'll let you know.  Can't have you bagging our food...and no, never eat Italian at a Chinese run restaurant!

Looks like I will have to manage a trip to Melbourne before I leave.  :eyebrows:

Teejay

« Reply #1645 on: May 31, 2007, 03:22:37 AM »

Looks like I will have to manage a trip to Melbourne before I leave.  :eyebrows:

Yay QuirkyCarla is coming to Victoria  ;D

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1646 on: May 31, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »
hopefully...it would really suck if i go home without getting to Melbourne

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1647 on: May 31, 2007, 04:17:35 AM »
You have to go.  It's my favourite city here.  If you like art, theatre, food and music / or live music you will love it.
Ooh, I want to be there right now.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #1648 on: May 31, 2007, 05:16:57 AM »
You have to go.  It's my favourite city here.  If you like art, theatre, food and music / or live music you will love it.
Ooh, I want to be there right now.
sounds like the New York of Australia.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1649 on: May 31, 2007, 05:22:02 AM »

We have the same trouble where we live- don't get me wrong I love curry but if I want Italian food I want it to taste like Italian food, not like the Asian version of it.