Educational

Author Topic: Post pictures of your obsessions  (Read 16686 times)

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
Re: Post pictures of your obsessions
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2007, 06:16:34 AM »
wow, amazing. those last ones are astounding. mahvelous dahling. 8)
Thanks.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2007, 06:26:33 AM »
you work in a movie theater? that was always on my list of where i wanted to work. of course customer service isn't on my list.

Me? Yeah, but this particular theatre is a non-commercial one, these days. I'm working once a week or thereabouts, and nothing during the summers.

And customer service isn't on my list, either. I'm a projectionist and avoid the crowds at all cost.

wow. that's so awesome. :drool:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2007, 06:13:09 PM »
you work in a movie theater? that was always on my list of where i wanted to work. of course customer service isn't on my list.

Me? Yeah, but this particular theatre is a non-commercial one, these days. I'm working once a week or thereabouts, and nothing during the summers.

And customer service isn't on my list, either. I'm a projectionist and avoid the crowds at all cost.

wow. that's so awesome. :drool:

Yes, it's the best job in the world. Too bad it doesn't pay.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2007, 06:15:06 PM »
well that sucks.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »
It's not about the money, though. It never was. When I started out in the business I would have been happy to work for free, that's how much fun it was.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2007, 06:54:51 PM »
i just think of things in terms of making a living. since i have no real means of making a living currently... it's kind of always in the back of my head.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »
Which is why I don't make most of my living from being a projectionist. When I'm not unemployed, I'm an information analyst. That pays well but there's not enough work... :(

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2007, 09:05:10 PM »
that sucks.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2007, 03:21:46 PM »
It does. But cinemas are dying all over the world. You can download just about anything, screen it at home with a sound system that is both cheaper and better than the average multiplex box's out there. I'm one of the last of a dying breed. :P

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2007, 03:53:58 PM »
well. i love a real movie theater, beats home stuff any day. it's just that other people tend to make it less fun. if i was a millionaire i'd build my own movie theater and live there.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2007, 04:01:34 PM »
well. i love a real movie theater, beats home stuff any day. it's just that other people tend to make it less fun. if i was a millionaire i'd build my own movie theater and live there.

You don't have to be a millionaire but you do have to know where to get the stuff you need. I have a fully functional cinema in my garage, with 12 seats and a 3-metre screen. I even have a separate projection booth. It's mostly recycled cinema technology from closed-down theatres, from the projector to the Dolby processor.

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2007, 04:03:05 PM »
well i don't even have a garage so i would still need quite a lot of money. what about your neighbours?
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

duncvis

« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2007, 04:10:13 PM »
It does. But cinemas are dying all over the world. You can download just about anything, screen it at home with a sound system that is both cheaper and better than the average multiplex box's out there. I'm one of the last of a dying breed. :P

You have company over here: http://www.nm-cinemas.co.uk/  these guys have been reviving old 'picture houses' around the North with a fair bit of success.  8)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2007, 04:32:38 PM »
see?  you have to come to england, now!

:-*

:eyelash:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2007, 04:33:42 PM »
who are hyou talking to? :-*
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar