Author Topic: Post an offensive fact about yourself!  (Read 15692 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post an offensive fact about yourself!
« Reply #495 on: February 02, 2017, 04:06:55 AM »
I will wear long pants on a hot day to avoid shaving my legs.
Yep. I do this too.

Also: Sometimes my poos won't flush down. I don't know if it's because I do really big shits, or it's because the toilet is weak. :zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #496 on: February 02, 2017, 09:32:21 AM »
(sh)it happens, ren. Some concentrated sulfuric acid down the bog, carefully, generally does the trick however. Because am I hell sticking my hand down there to shove a turd down the sewer. Sorry. Not going to happen.

Does it count as an offensive fact if when drinking beer, one bottle equals one long, satisfying gulp, almost always culminating in a ridiculously loud, resounding, and immensely satisfying belch at the end? my beer burps, especially when its a pint in one go followed by one or more seconds, tend to be real window-rattlers:P
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #497 on: February 02, 2017, 11:49:24 PM »
What I do is dump a whole lot of toilet paper on top then mash it with the toilet brush. Worked every time so far. I don't have concentrated sulfuric acid!

I wonder what you would be like in a competitive with my sister. She has totally stunned me with her burps. :D
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #498 on: February 03, 2017, 09:45:47 AM »
Jack has been obsessed with the apocalypse and long term storage foods.
i would say they'd all go moldy but that would not be true. i have tested some long term storage items and the real issue is taste. though with hunger seasoning it should be alright.

have you assembled your bug out kit? we tested ours with mixed results. the most fun was learning how to use the fire making things.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #499 on: February 03, 2017, 09:46:28 AM »
i collect discarded medical equipment.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2017, 02:12:00 PM »
You should be able to get conc. H2SO4 in shitty (pun intended) grade as drain unblocker for those really stubborn clogs)

Wear gloves and goggles, add acid slowly as concentrated sulfuric (that stuff is usually 96-98%) HEATS UP BIG TIME when it contacts water. Always add the acid to water, not the other way round and slowly or it will hiss, spit and spatter acid droplets everywhere, which you really don't want on you, or breathing in. Just pour in a steady stream down the side of the bog bowl, and then leave it for some time. Problem solved, almost certainly)
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2017, 06:27:13 PM »
i would say they'd all go moldy but that would not be true. i have tested some long term storage items and the real issue is taste. though with hunger seasoning it should be alright.

have you assembled your bug out kit? we tested ours with mixed results. the most fun was learning how to use the fire making things.
A lot of freeze dried foods packed sealed in mylar with oxygen absorbers are touted to have a shelf life of 25-30 years. Some manufacturers claim they're good for longer, but at the expense of color and flavor so they wont extend beyond that. Would assume taste wouldn't be much of an issue with staple foods. If ever being interested enough to begin buying, it would be those sorts of things, staples quickly prepared, freeze dried rice, quick oats, instant beans, plain fruits and vegetables, sugar, salt, honey, those sorts of things. Some of the freeze dried prepared meal foods have good reviews but it seems the best reviewed ones are also the most expensive. Haven't tried any though. Also haven't made bug out kits. Live in an area where some level of disaster preparedness is a given, so hasn't seemed important to prepare in advance for something that could quickly be done in a few minutes if needed; throw stuff in a bag that's already here. Still a good idea though. Probably should do it. Food and water for three days doesn't really require fire, so probably wouldn't go that route.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:30:47 PM by Jack »

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #502 on: February 03, 2017, 07:35:20 PM »

A lot of freeze dried foods packed sealed in mylar with oxygen absorbers are touted to have a shelf life of 25-30 years. Some manufacturers claim they're good for longer, but at the expense of color and flavor so they wont extend beyond that. Would assume taste wouldn't be much of an issue with staple foods. If ever being interested enough to begin buying, it would be those sorts of things, staples quickly prepared, freeze dried rice, quick oats, instant beans, plain fruits and vegetables, sugar, salt, honey, those sorts of things. Some of the freeze dried prepared meal foods have good reviews but it seems the best reviewed ones are also the most expensive. Haven't tried any though. Also haven't made bug out kits. Live in an area where some level of disaster preparedness is a given, so hasn't seemed important to prepare in advance for something that could quickly be done in a few minutes if needed; throw stuff in a bag that's already here. Still a good idea though. Probably should do it. Food and water for three days doesn't really require fire, so probably wouldn't go that route.
do you know how much water for 3 days weighs?

we were missing inhalers but have since solved that issue. we still might bug in if things happened while i was sick. wouldn't be looking forward to a cold weather bug out anyway; that's when i seem to get sick.

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2017, 09:17:27 PM »

do you know how much water for 3 days weighs?

we were missing inhalers but have since solved that issue. we still might bug in if things happened while i was sick. wouldn't be looking forward to a cold weather bug out anyway; that's when i seem to get sick.
Yes on the water. Though do think the recommended gallon per day is overkill, three gallons of water wouldn't leave room for much else in a backpack, and a three day bug out bag is intended for leaving on foot. 6-8 water bottles and a filter bottle would be acceptable and less than 10lbs. Bugging in for a couple months is always a viable option here, except for water. Definitely should get more water.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2017, 10:31:23 PM »
Definitely should get more water.

I could start buying a pack of bottled water every time I buy a jumbo pack of toilet paper.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #505 on: February 04, 2017, 12:17:47 AM »
Not a bad idea.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #506 on: February 04, 2017, 04:45:18 PM »
Yes on the water. Though do think the recommended gallon per day is overkill, three gallons of water wouldn't leave room for much else in a backpack, and a three day bug out bag is intended for leaving on foot.

Depends on the climate and the amount of physical activity though... when we put the bags together we were in a subtropical climate, and I used to go through a ton of water when I was working out in the heat outdoors.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #507 on: February 04, 2017, 05:09:36 PM »
Yes on the water. Though do think the recommended gallon per day is overkill, three gallons of water wouldn't leave room for much else in a backpack, and a three day bug out bag is intended for leaving on foot.

Depends on the climate and the amount of physical activity though... when we put the bags together we were in a subtropical climate, and I used to go through a ton of water when I was working out in the heat outdoors.
How much water did you pack?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #508 on: March 28, 2017, 07:49:03 PM »

Pasta is another staple food that lasts for decades if stored correctly, but it takes a long time to cook. Did you know pasta can be pre-soaked in cold water for a couple of hours to bring it back to a fresh pasta state, and then it only takes a minute or two in boiling water to cook? Never heard of that; going to have to try it.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #509 on: March 28, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
Definitely should get more water.

I could start buying a pack of bottled water every time I buy a jumbo pack of toilet paper.  :zoinks:

I'm going to work on a dehydrated water pill.  Just add water...                                 Oh, wait.  Darn.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv: