Educational

Author Topic: Calandale calls out Machine1  (Read 5325 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Calandale calls out Machine1
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2007, 10:19:45 PM »
Thanks. I remember that. Pretty clear cut. Nothing like the current situation.

What is this "current situation"?? Just the standard BS ovemoderation, or something new??

I happen to think that the current banning was justified.  The guy was a bona fide troll.

He was a member with non-offensive posts, prior to one quick spurt.
Anyhow, the big deal was that NONE of us had banning ability,
and it was only instituted to allow us to handle atomika style
attacks - all pretty clearly stated.

If it was just after that, I think it would have been late March, so three months probably.  Is there a list of Moderators on WP?  Are there any who have been members for more than a year?

TM1 is barely a year. Fiz and Mr. Mark have both been active recently.
No real list, that I know of.

Scrapheap

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2007, 11:08:41 PM »
Is that Uber-liberal troll, ed, still a mod over there??

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2007, 11:36:04 PM »
No idea. Certainly there is no ed who
is particularly active.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2007, 04:24:22 AM »
Are you a mod at WP?

Yes.

Now it begins...   :flamer:

Not at all. I just wanted to know. I don't have anything against people for being mods at WP. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2007, 04:30:22 AM »
I'm curious.  I wonder what the guy's diseased vagina avatar looked like. 

Wasn't that the pic of a black chick who had cancer of the vulva, or was that just something posted here??

Oh, I remember that picture.  I was wondering if it could have been that one, or the prolapsed uterus picture, or that huge female genital picture, or none of the above.
That pic was 'shopped, as they say nowdays. I could make those all day long.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2007, 04:36:27 AM »
  The guy was a bona fide troll.

Do you mean Richard??

Alex called me a bona fide troll just as soon as he got done lying about sending me PM's regarding my posts.

I've never been contacted by WP staff prior to being banned EVER.

I was IP banned during that time (March?), but I had not posted there since I started posting here, in November. I have since then, but I was part of a block of addresses he blocked trying to stop the guy who half-hacked the PM system and sent everyone a shitlame message.

No one ever contacted ME about the incident, either. If I was fragile or dependent on WP for support I would have been "injured" by the block banning.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2007, 06:27:07 AM »

Wasn't that the pic of a black chick who had cancer of the vulva, or was that just something posted here??

Oh, I remember that picture.  I was wondering if it could have been that one, or the prolapsed uterus picture, or that huge female genital picture, or none of the above.
so was the person in question our very own petie mac?
Misunderstood.

Offline Janicka

• Concertmaster of the Aspie World Elite Orchestra
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Nicolo Paganini's Slovakian Prostitute
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2007, 09:02:11 AM »

Do you mean Richard??

No, I'm talking about the guy they just banned.  Legrandfromage.

Your banning, Scrapheap, irritates me, because you said a few things that were against the TOS, but usually people get a warning first.  I believe you when you say you didn't.  Richard's done the same exact things as you practically, and nothing's happenned to him.  He was treated unfairly by the mods once, and I think he's gotten better about things since then, but he got away with a lot more than other banned members and I think it's totally unfair.

Also, the fact that Alex didn't stand behind the mods over the whole Richard thing pisses me off, because that's led to members attacking the mods.  Like all those "Graelwyn-gate" and "Calandale-gate" emails (I don't know why the fuck Calandale, but he had his own thread).  I seriously was pissed because it seemed like the mods were just left hung out to dry for that.

Anyway, for the record Richard - I don't have anything against you.  I like you, but there were a couple of times that you crossed the line.  And like it or not WP is a moderated site; WP != Intensity.  You just happen to be a great example of WP's double standards and lack of support given to the mods. 
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2007, 09:24:53 AM »

so was the person in question our very own petie mac?

Surely not.  I was just curious about the picture, so I listed all the diseased vagina pictures I know of.

:laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2007, 09:44:24 AM »

Do you mean Richard??

No, I'm talking about the guy they just banned.  Legrandfromage.

Your banning, Scrapheap, irritates me, because you said a few things that were against the TOS, but usually people get a warning first.  I believe you when you say you didn't.  Richard's done the same exact things as you practically, and nothing's happenned to him.  He was treated unfairly by the mods once, and I think he's gotten better about things since then, but he got away with a lot more than other banned members and I think it's totally unfair.

Also, the fact that Alex didn't stand behind the mods over the whole Richard thing pisses me off, because that's led to members attacking the mods.  Like all those "Graelwyn-gate" and "Calandale-gate" emails (I don't know why the fuck Calandale, but he had his own thread).  I seriously was pissed because it seemed like the mods were just left hung out to dry for that.

Anyway, for the record Richard - I don't have anything against you.  I like you, but there were a couple of times that you crossed the line.  And like it or not WP is a moderated site; WP != Intensity.  You just happen to be a great example of WP's double standards and lack of support given to the mods. 

What you don't understand because you have not been a member of WP for very long is that Alex never gives support to the mods, Janicka.  He always hangs them out to dry.  Why do you expect him to behave differently now than he has behaved for years?  That's why I think he picked the mods he has, for the most part.  He had to find trusting people who didn't know his Modus Operandi.  Why do you think he lost almost all of the mods he had before?

I don't know what Graelwyn-Gate emails are, but Graelwyn is using her position to solicit sexual acts from a sixteen year old boy, and that sets a bad example for the other members.

I understand that sixteen year old boys are supposed to be legal for sex where she lives, but sixteen year olds are jail bait where the sixteen year old boy lives and she should have practiced more restraint.  After all, she's practically old enough to be his mother.

What if some other dirty old man or woman thinks children are fair game because of what Graelwyn is doing?  WP is advertised as a support site for people with AS or some other ASD and you have a lot of children who are members there, who could become targets for pedophiles.

Seriously, you guys really need to fix this and not try to justify it like Calandale has been doing.

Offline Janicka

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 11:02:37 AM »
I've been a member of WP for nearly a year.  I just haven't been a mod very long, and I really don't pay attention to a lot of WP politics. 

Graelwyn isn't soliciting sex acts from anyone.  They've never met in person.  Anyway, 17 is the age of consent in the UK, and she's actually planning on meeting him in the UK when he turns 17 in a couple of months from what I understand.  Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal - probably because Graelwyn doesn't really act much older than a teenager herself.  I doubt that she could be in a relationship with someone her age.
"A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?" ~Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 12:37:50 PM »
Your banning, Scrapheap, irritates me, because you said a few things that were against the TOS, but usually people get a warning first.

Janicka, I never said or did anything against the TOS at WP, but I was banned anyway. I never got an email that explained why, except after emailing Alex a couple of times myself, asking him to delete my account and my posts.

And I'm not the only one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Janicka

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2007, 12:51:09 PM »
Just out of curiosity, what was your username that got banned?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2007, 01:09:29 PM »
odeon. My nick's the same everywhere.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2007, 03:29:55 PM »
I've been a member of WP for nearly a year.  I just haven't been a mod very long, and I really don't pay attention to a lot of WP politics. 

Graelwyn isn't soliciting sex acts from anyone.  They've never met in person.  Anyway, 17 is the age of consent in the UK, and she's actually planning on meeting him in the UK when he turns 17 in a couple of months from what I understand.  Honestly, I don't think it's that big of a deal - probably because Graelwyn doesn't really act much older than a teenager herself.  I doubt that she could be in a relationship with someone her age.

it's 16, actually.