Author Topic: Someone started a thread about us at WP.  (Read 30681 times)

ozymandias

Re: Someone started a thread about us at WP.
« Reply #540 on: June 18, 2007, 06:06:58 PM »

I'd like to know who's there at WP to protect underage kids from adults trying to exploit them under the pretense of "love".

Oh come on. The internet is filled with people
like this. I get the feeling that most of the
teens are pretty well able to handle themselves.

On the whole, I consider WP to be a more dangerous environment for a vulnerable Aspie than any other board out there, including this one.

Probably true. For a lot of reasons - but the
biggest is size. But, anywhere with PM's is
a danger. Or with a means to exchange IM
addresses.

If you came after my daughter with that attitude, I'd come after you with a rusty razor blade and a shotgun full of rock salt.  My aspie daughter would NOT know what to do and speaking for myself...as an aspie teenager, when it came to love and sex, I was dumber than a box of rocks.  Maybe you are full of worldly sophistication and knowledge, but a lot of aspie teens are NOT.

wp used to be safe, and when I expressed concern over an agrressive  pm to my daughter from one man in particular, Alex, actually took care of it and handled it well.  Guess things change when testosterone poisoning kicks in during the 20's for a male.

I really hope I lose this election, cause I don't think I can work with someone like you.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 06:14:25 PM by ozymandias »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #541 on: June 18, 2007, 06:12:38 PM »

I'd like to know who's there at WP to protect underage kids from adults trying to exploit them under the pretense of "love".

Oh come on. The internet is filled with people
like this. I get the feeling that most of the
teens are pretty well able to handle themselves.

On the whole, I consider WP to be a more dangerous environment for a vulnerable Aspie than any other board out there, including this one.

Probably true. For a lot of reasons - but the
biggest is size. But, anywhere with PM's is
a danger. Or with a means to exchange IM
addresses.

If you came after my daughter with that attitude, I'd come after you with a rusty razor blade and a shotgun full of rock salt.  My aspie daughter would NOT know what to do and speaking for myself...as an aspie teenager, when it came to love and sex, I was dumber than a box of rocks.  Maybe you are full of worldly sophistication and knowledge, but a lot of aspie teens are NOT.

wp used to be safe, and when I expressed concern over an agrressive  pm to my daughter from one man in particular, Alex, actually took care of it and handled it well.

I really hope I lose this election, cause I don't think I can work with someone like you.

With WHAT attitude? I don't "go after" anyone. Maybe my impression comes
from those who start things with me - and not just on WP mind you. Most actually
tend to be male.

I think that it would be nice if we could "take care" of issues. There are children
being sent inappropriate messages, without desiring them. THESE should be handled.
The Flagg - Graelwyn issue is NOTHING like this.

AFAIK, the temp admins do not serve together. Though, thanks for the
confidence that I might win such an election. I'm pretty sure that you
will.

ozymandias

« Reply #542 on: June 18, 2007, 06:46:18 PM »
whatever, it's only a month and a month is a drop in the bucket.   

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #543 on: June 18, 2007, 07:02:22 PM »

I agree too.
But in Grelwyns country the legal age of consent is 16, and most would think this is too high, so IMO she has nothing to answer for.

However, i do wonder what would be said if i became involved with a 17yo female poster on there.
You don't need to spend much time there to see that some are vulnerable, and i often wonder if a mod should have a 'word in their ear', or at least keep an eye on them. There does not seem to be much self-policing going on. Maybe some are not as naive as they appear, i don't know.

In Graelwyn's country, the age of consent is 16, but in Flagg's state, the age of consent is 18.

Graelwyn is twice his age and she seems to think that he will somehow be legal when he turns 17, because she says that his mother is going to give them her consent on his birthday.  Consent for what?  Flagg can be married at 17 with parental consent where he lives, but he can't be pimped out at 17 with or without parental consent.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #544 on: June 18, 2007, 07:05:15 PM »

In Graelwyn's country, the age of consent is 16, but in Flagg's state, the age of consent is 18.

Graelwyn is twice his age and she seems to think that he will somehow be legal when he turns 17, because she says that his mother is going to give them her consent on his birthday.  Consent for what?  Flagg can be married at 17 with parental consent where he lives, but he can't be pimped out at 17 with or without parental consent.

Oh come on. Statutory rape doesn't
get prosecuted, unless there is a
complaint. There are tons of archaic
laws on the books, and just because
Oregon is a fucking backwater Western
state, doesn't mean that there isn't
some sense here.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #545 on: June 18, 2007, 07:12:51 PM »

Graelwyn is twice his age and she seems to think that he will somehow be legal when he turns 17, because she says that his mother is going to give them her consent on his birthday.  Consent for what?  Flagg can be married at 17 with parental consent where he lives, but he can't be pimped out at 17 with or without parental consent.

Oh come on. Statutory rape doesn't
get prosecuted, unless there is a
complaint. There are tons of archaic
laws on the books, and just because
Oregon is a fucking backwater Western
state, doesn't mean that there isn't
some sense here.

You live there, so you know, I guess. 

What happens after they have a fight and break up?  Graelwyn tends to be pretty cruel and nasty when she is angry and if Flagg feels used and abused by her, then he can make such a complaint and so can his mother.  She feels justified in what she is doing to a 16 year old child because she thinks that she is in "love" but she felt equally justified a few short months ago while she was stalking the object of her "affection" so if I were Flagg's mother and I knew this, I would be very concerned.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #546 on: June 18, 2007, 07:29:28 PM »

What happens after they have a fight and break up?  Graelwyn tends to be pretty cruel and nasty when she is angry and if Flagg feels used and abused by her, then he can make such a complaint and so can his mother.  She feels justified in what she is doing to a 16 year old child because she thinks that she is in "love" but she felt equally justified a few short months ago while she was stalking the object of her "affection" so if I were Flagg's mother and I knew this, I would be very concerned.

Of course she should be concerned. Just as a
mother would if their son was dating a girl his own
age. Look, the very things that you complain about
concerning Grael, are the same kind of issues that
a teen goes through. Some of us aren't emotionally
"grown ups" whatever the hell that's supposed to
mean. From what you wrote, I would conclude that
you think someone should only be with someone
MUCH more mature than they are, at first.

ozymandias

« Reply #547 on: June 18, 2007, 07:39:01 PM »
Ok, so what do we have, differing laws for different countries, different states and very vague facts.  I.E do his parents REALLY know whats going on?  Is he telling the truth about himself?  Is she telling the truth about herself?  Flying from the UK to Oregon is a REALLY long trip and visaversa.  Can either one afford it on their own?  

And finally and most telling question of all............Does anyone really give a flying fuck about this??  To be honest, I don't!  If he is a deluded teen, who has convinced himself that he has found "LOVE" or just an opportunity to fuck an older woman.  If she is a deluded woman who has convinced herself that she has found "love' or someone to manipulate and dominate and prove her self worth as a person.  If I remember her posts correctly, she herself said she found sex disgusting.    Some people are headed for one helluva wake up call or reality check.

So let them do what ever they do and if things happen.....it'll be one for the Darwin awards. :green:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #548 on: June 18, 2007, 07:58:48 PM »

Of course she should be concerned. Just as a
mother would if their son was dating a girl his own
age. Look, the very things that you complain about
concerning Grael, are the same kind of issues that
a teen goes through. Some of us aren't emotionally
"grown ups" whatever the hell that's supposed to
mean. From what you wrote, I would conclude that
you think someone should only be with someone
MUCH more mature than they are, at first.

From what I wrote, I would read the opposite.  I think that people should be with someone of approximately equal maturity to their own.  I don't like adults preying on children.  It makes my skin crawl.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #549 on: June 18, 2007, 07:59:52 PM »
.....it'll be one for the Darwin awards. :green:

:agreed:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #550 on: June 18, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »

And finally and most telling question of all............Does anyone really give a flying fuck about this?? 

:agreed: I do, but only because I know a bit more
about their circumstances, and I'm not willing to
reveal what I know.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #551 on: June 18, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »

And finally and most telling question of all............Does anyone really give a flying fuck about this?? 

reveal what I know.
and he plays from the same deck as HG.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #552 on: June 18, 2007, 08:32:22 PM »

reveal what I know.
and he plays from the same deck as HG.

If that's directed here (and I don't know HG's story
enough to be sure), I see nothing wrong with announcing
that one has private reasons for holding certain views. I don't
expect it to sway anyone.

Kosmonaut

« Reply #553 on: June 19, 2007, 03:12:58 AM »

reveal what I know.

Do they have weapons of mass destruction ?

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #554 on: June 19, 2007, 03:19:18 AM »

reveal what I know.

Do they have weapons of mass destruction ?

yes - alex.