Author Topic: Ask rocketturtle something  (Read 2414 times)

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
Re: Ask rocketturtle something
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 11:45:34 PM »
Do You love where You live in Canada?

yes. the only thing i don't like about where i live is that property prices are expensive.
i like stuff

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 08:14:15 AM »
no.

i like to know what the floor plans of various buildings look like. i also like to think about how a floor plan is organized and if it is practical. i don't like floor plans that are not practical.

i saw a building that has a long, narrow triangular corner. that just doesn't make sense to me. how can you use that space at all? in fact it wasn't being used because it couldn't be used.
you can put a curio cabinet in the corner.
Misunderstood.

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 10:38:52 PM »
because i had to try the fractal explorer, i made a plot of a tree

[attachment deleted by admin]
i like stuff

duncvis

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 06:46:39 AM »
 8)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 01:02:20 PM »
*waves*

Haven't seen you on in a long time,
how are you?

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »
*waves*

Haven't seen you on in a long time,
how are you?

i have psychedelic moods, good moods and bad moods. i am stopping my medication and it has interesting withdrawal. the physical withdrawal is almost completely gone and i only have the occasional electrical spasm running along my nerves from the settling neurotransmitters. i am mostly of varying moods right now but i can already feel myself stabilizing; this next week will be much better.

p.s. what was your name before "Washing Machine"?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:49:29 PM by rocketturtle »
i like stuff

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 12:52:47 PM »

He was Calandale.  He and a few other people thought that it would be fun to change their names and avatars every week.

What were you taking before, how long has it been, and did you withdraw gradually or just stop taking it cold turkey?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
i only have the occasional electrical spasm running along my nerves from the settling neurotransmitters.

That sounds wonderful.  :laugh:

Offline rocketturtle

• mysterious mantra
  • Frequent Poster
  • displaced space
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2008, 01:19:06 PM »

He was Calandale.  He and a few other people thought that it would be fun to change their names and avatars every week.

What were you taking before, how long has it been, and did you withdraw gradually or just stop taking it cold turkey?

thanks, all these name changes are confusing. oh well.

i was on effexor xr for almost three years. i have been thinking and planning of going off of them for over five months and i booked three weeks off work so that i didn't have any outside responsibilities to attend to. the average dosage is 150mg a day. usually when coming off of effexor, the dosage is reduced by 37.5mg then you let your body stabilize and repeat. it's also a similar process going on it. i only took 37.5mg per day to begin with so withdrawing gradually wasn't an option. also it has very strong acclimation/withdrawal symptoms so alternating daily dosage (ie, take one and then the next day not take one), is really hard on your body since you would withdrawal one day and then the next day you would acclimate. also, effexor at different dosages changes different neurotransmitter patterns. generally speaking, the low dosages target anxiety patterns and the high dosages target depression patterns. you need to let your body get used to the new dosage "step". i am fortunate that my body doesn't react that way to it so the physical withdrawal consisted mainly of altered auditory and visual sensations. i also had altered nerve sensations where i would get random firings of nerves that felt like little bolts of electricity traveling along my body. that didn't hurt for me (some people get severe nerve pain if they even miss one dose by a few hours) since i love the tingly feeling of small amounts of electricity and it made me laugh every time it happened. for me acclimating (going onto the medication) was worse than coming off. when i first started taking it, i was extremely nauseous and that feeling was so strong that it dampened out all of my other senses. and, of course, since the medication is a psychotropic, going on and off if will cause temporary emotional turbulence as your body finds its new equilibrium.
i like stuff

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 03:26:25 PM »

:agreed:

The people who want to do it think that it's fun, but for me it's kind of confusing too.

i was on effexor xr for almost three years. i have been thinking and planning of going off of them for over five months and i booked three weeks off work so that i didn't have any outside responsibilities to attend to. the average dosage is 150mg a day. usually when coming off of effexor, the dosage is reduced by 37.5mg then you let your body stabilize and repeat. it's also a similar process going on it. i only took 37.5mg per day to begin with so withdrawing gradually wasn't an option. also it has very strong acclimation/withdrawal symptoms so alternating daily dosage (ie, take one and then the next day not take one), is really hard on your body since you would withdrawal one day and then the next day you would acclimate. also, effexor at different dosages changes different neurotransmitter patterns. generally speaking, the low dosages target anxiety patterns and the high dosages target depression patterns. you need to let your body get used to the new dosage "step". i am fortunate that my body doesn't react that way to it so the physical withdrawal consisted mainly of altered auditory and visual sensations. i also had altered nerve sensations where i would get random firings of nerves that felt like little bolts of electricity traveling along my body. that didn't hurt for me (some people get severe nerve pain if they even miss one dose by a few hours) since i love the tingly feeling of small amounts of electricity and it made me laugh every time it happened. for me acclimating (going onto the medication) was worse than coming off. when i first started taking it, i was extremely nauseous and that feeling was so strong that it dampened out all of my other senses. and, of course, since the medication is a psychotropic, going on and off if will cause temporary emotional turbulence as your body finds its new equilibrium.

Thanks for this information.  Even when the drug is tapered, it seems that it is usually tapered to 37.5 mg just before discontinuing it. It was probably a good idea to book time off work to go through withdrawal.  Apparently, some doctors treat the withdrawal symptoms by giving a small dose of Prozac, since it has a longer half-life and discontinuing it causes few side effects.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 03:44:21 PM »

The people who want to do it think that it's fun, but for me it's kind of confusing too.

Was confusing for me too,
when EVERYONE was different.
Kinda boring now. But, I can
definitely see where it would be
tough, coming back.

Just pretend that we're new people.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »

Was confusing for me too,
when EVERYONE was different.
Kinda boring now. But, I can
definitely see where it would be
tough, coming back.

Just pretend that we're new people.

Yeah right, Calandale.  You are a newbie postwhore with over 25,000 posts.

:spam:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 04:29:59 PM »
:birdpoop:

I haven't even made the highest postcount rank
yet.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 04:41:26 PM »
Why do turtles always try to bite be me when try and help them off the roads and will you put in a good word with them for me? :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

duncvis

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 07:08:31 PM »
efexor is teh evil.  >:(