Educational

Author Topic: Vivi's back!  (Read 26770 times)

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Vivi's back!
« Reply #360 on: July 15, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »
i could, yes, but to be honest, hadron, you haven't done much to gain my trust on this board, sorry to say, and i only give out personal information to people i trust.

apologies if this sounds snitty, but everyone else has had to get used to it, too - i'm like it all the time.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #361 on: July 15, 2007, 02:42:53 PM »
i could, yes, but to be honest, hadron, you haven't done much to gain my trust on this board, sorry to say, and i only give out personal information to people i trust.

apologies if this sounds snitty, but everyone else has had to get used to it, too - i'm like it all the time.
Yeah I understand entirely. Just please say it isnt Oxford.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #362 on: July 15, 2007, 02:45:32 PM »
it isn't.  yet.  ;)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #363 on: July 15, 2007, 02:46:08 PM »
Hey, Hadron, it's usually not a wise idea to post the details of who you are and where you work on a public message board.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #364 on: July 15, 2007, 02:49:29 PM »
it isn't.  yet.  ;)
Do you actually want to work at Oxford. Dont make the same mistake as i did and get seduced by the place.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #365 on: July 15, 2007, 02:50:57 PM »
Hey, Hadron, it's usually not a wise idea to post the details of who you are and where you work on a public message board.
Entirely right. But Lucifer has given more than enough clues to work it out, academics are pretty easy to track down.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #366 on: July 15, 2007, 02:54:42 PM »
it isn't.  yet.  ;)
Do you actually want to work at Oxford. Dont make the same mistake as i did and get seduced by the place.

good grief.  ::)

hadron, would you please stop talking to me as though i'm your baby cousin, or something.  i'm more than twice your age, and at least that as far as experience is concern ed.  i doubt you're doing it deliberately, but being patronised is guaranteed to send me from nought to homicidal in nanoseconds.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #367 on: July 15, 2007, 02:55:39 PM »
Entirely right. But Lucifer has given more than enough clues to work it out, academics are pretty easy to track down.

let me know how you get on - i'd be interested to see what you come up with.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #368 on: July 15, 2007, 02:57:53 PM »

let me know how you get on - i'd be interested to see what you come up with.
Do you actually seriously want me to try?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #369 on: July 15, 2007, 02:59:30 PM »
it isn't.  yet.  ;)

good grief.  ::)

hadron, would you please stop talking to me as though i'm your baby cousin, or something.  i'm more than twice your age, and at least that as far as experience is concern ed.  i doubt you're doing it deliberately, but being patronised is guaranteed to send me from nought to homicidal in nanoseconds.
Sorry you see my as patronising Lucifer. As for the experience arguement, im young as you have pointed out, therefore I am not a fan of arguement from authority.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #370 on: July 15, 2007, 03:04:16 PM »
well taken.  that sort of thing impresses me.

and it's not authority, it's experience and self awareness and knowledge -  there's a huge difference, believe me.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #371 on: July 15, 2007, 03:09:57 PM »
well taken.  that sort of thing impresses me.

and it's not authority, it's experience and self awareness and knowledge -  there's a huge difference, believe me.
Hmm, but what you are then implying is that because your older than me that your arguements should count for more. You may have more experience than me, but then our experiences will not always overlap, you will have experiences that i havent had and vice versa. As for self awareness, I am not a fan myself of overdoing that one, its just too depressing. And knowledge, I have lots of that, just again in different areas to you.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #372 on: July 15, 2007, 03:13:18 PM »
not at all - you were trying to tell me about oxford, and what i should and shouldn't do.  i know myself, and therefore my arguments do count for more, much more.

and if you don't get through the nastier bits of self awareness, you may as well not bother.  once you get to and through them, you're much stronger.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #373 on: July 15, 2007, 03:18:42 PM »
not at all - you were trying to tell me about oxford, and what i should and shouldn't do.  i know myself, and therefore my arguments do count for more, much more.

and if you don't get through the nastier bits of self awareness, you may as well not bother.  once you get to and through them, you're much stronger.
As for the oxford arguement, answer this question, have you ever been there and been interviewed. Ive seen enough to know they are so anti-aspie that aspies may as well not bother applying.
Self-awareness, I do know myself pretty well i like to think, but there are limits in terms of how far you can go while retaining some sanity.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #374 on: July 15, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »

As for the oxford arguement, answer this question, have you ever been there and been interviewed. Ive seen enough to know they are so anti-aspie that aspies may as well not bother applying.

yes.  and i got a place.  many, many years ago.