Educational

Author Topic: nothing to see here  (Read 2659 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: nothing to see here
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 01:33:54 AM »
^I never knew that.

jman, I also take Lamictal and I find it helps a lot. How much do you take?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 02:26:04 PM »
Well I am being tapered off effexor (thank God  :asthing:) and my lamictal was increased to 200 mg and I have noticed a dramatic difference in my mood.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 04:09:10 AM »
Effexor was rotten for me. It gave me panic attacks for no good reason and high blood pressure.

I find the effect of Lamictal spooky. I have never felt so...evened out before. Am currently on 100mg but can increase to 200mg should I feel the need. Still experiencing epilepsy symptoms when I am stressed so I may need to.

I wish you the absolute best in that it works well for you.:)
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

richard

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 11:06:30 AM »
how long have you been receiving ssdi?

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007, 01:17:54 PM »
for about 4 years now.

richard

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2007, 01:19:29 PM »
Cool.

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2007, 01:41:01 PM »
Cool.

No it's not, I want off it, It's pretty sad when you're so fucked up the gov't just hands you money. I am trying  look for a job, had an interview and got a couple others lined up for me. I am hoping for the best.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2007, 01:44:01 PM »
I see where you're coming from, but
I was honestly happier not working.

Oh, a job was great...at first. But
eventually I'd fall into a depression,
and just not be able to deal. The
uncertainty of when I'd get work
again was terrible. Now, I'm there
once more. In a few months, I need
to find my whole life.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »
Cool.

No it's not, I want off it, It's pretty sad when you're so fucked up the gov't just hands you money. I am trying  look for a job, had an interview and got a couple others lined up for me. I am hoping for the best.

You have probably already though of this, but what about volunteer work, at first?

You could gain some experience and some contacts.

richard

« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2007, 02:02:48 PM »
you know what dude, the capatalist piggys are the ones that make you feel like yer a fucking nobody if you dont work. fuck work. it sucks! ive done my fair share and i will never do it again. i dont need to work to feel good about myself, i already feel like shit and working didnt make me feel better about myself it only made me feel worser

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2007, 02:16:59 PM »
You have probably already though of this, but what about volunteer work, at first?

You could gain some experience and some contacts.

Actually how I got my current job was through volunteering unfortunately it's only part time and doesn't pay enough, plus the grant money that was used to hire me is running out so I need another job and fast!

you know what dude, the capatalist piggys are the ones that make you feel like yer a fucking nobody if you dont work. fuck work. it sucks! ive done my fair share and i will never do it again. i dont need to work to feel good about myself, i already feel like shit and working didnt make me feel better about myself it only made me feel worser

Fair enough, maybe you should listen to me and callaway and volunteer somewhere? That way you can stay productive. Working isn't just about capitalism and increasing corporate executives' stock options (though sadly in some cases, it is) it's about making your contribution to society, whether it be a contribution to the economy through paid work, or the community through volunteering.

I honestly think you should volunteer it will boost your self confidence, and the experience you get from volunteering can often lead to paid position depending on what field you choose to work in,

richard

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2007, 02:20:18 PM »
well ill think about volunteering in a year. right now im going to enjoy my freedom from worring about getting a job, working, being somewhere at a certian time to do something you dont wanna do etc.. :laugh:

Offline jman

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2007, 02:29:31 PM »
well ill think about volunteering in a year. right now im going to enjoy my freedom from worring about getting a job, working, being somewhere at a certian time to do something you dont wanna do etc.. :laugh:

Good on you Richard, but I have higher aspirations for myself. :checkout:

richard

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
youve been feed some modern sociaty bs brah. if you cant work, why would you try to get work? fuck this world. this world is full of a bunch of assholes anyways/ i say make yerself happy first then (if you want) worry about the world :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 06:03:36 PM »

Another good about volunteer work is that a lot of times you can decide what to do and when, where and how long to do it.