Author Topic: A cunning plan to get sex  (Read 3030 times)

Scrapheap

Re: A cunning plan to get sex
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2007, 11:18:32 PM »
I've got raped last wednesday...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 05:52:53 AM »
look.

a man says that he was raped and then it becomes a joke.
what if i was graelwyn who said that she had been raped?
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2007, 05:54:20 AM »
Some of it's context, McJ. It's unlikely (though not impossible) that an actual rape victim would admit to it in the open/joking way Sir Spamalot just did.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2007, 05:57:02 AM »
Some of it's context, McJ. It's unlikely (though not impossible) that an actual rape victim would admit to it in the open/joking way Sir Spamalot just did.
i have admitted to it.
but the difference is that i got an erection.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2007, 06:01:26 AM »
Technically, I don't think an erection should matter. It's possibly for the body to get physiologically aroused even if the person is trapped and scared out of their mind. That's part of how it works with child abuse - the abuser will arouse the kid and then use that as "proof" that the kid enjoys it and was "asking for it".
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 06:57:42 AM »
Technically, I don't think an erection should matter. It's possibly for the body to get physiologically aroused even if the person is trapped and scared out of their mind. That's part of how it works with child abuse - the abuser will arouse the kid and then use that as "proof" that the kid enjoys it and was "asking for it".

THANK YOU!  That needed pointing out.  It's like cutting someone's arm and saying they chose to bleed.  The human body responds certain ways to certain stimuli even when we don't want it to.

As to the question of drunkness:  How about someone who didn't know what alcohol would do to them/wasn't used to knowing how to pace themselves?  I have a friend who got shitfaced beyond belief when she turned 21 because with the first little bit of alcohol she forgot that different alcohol has different potency and someone at the party kept sneaking her shapps (however it's spelled).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 07:01:41 AM »
Also, in response to the original topic:  The woman was an idiot.  I'm just not sure if she was also a liar.  And on the one hand, It seems unfortunate that the guy spent 7 months in jail for this, on the other hand, if she really was stupid enough to buy it, I do feel bad for her.  She's a teacher though, so, all jokes aside, she would have to be functionally intelligent (i.e. not so stupid she couldn't do basic self-care/fending for herself).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 07:06:34 AM by PMS Elle »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 07:08:39 AM »

THANK YOU!  That needed pointing out.  It's like cutting someone's arm and saying they chose to bleed.  The human body responds certain ways to certain stimuli even when we don't want it to.

As to the question of drunkness:  How about someone who didn't know what alcohol would do to them/wasn't used to knowing how to pace themselves?  I have a friend who got shitfaced beyond belief when she turned 21 because with the first little bit of alcohol she forgot that different alcohol has different potency and someone at the party kept sneaking her shapps (however it's spelled).
and she was 21 and she forgot.
Misunderstood.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 07:18:05 AM »

and she was 21 and she forgot.

I told her once when we were both 18 (it was news) and she kind of forgot about it till we told her again closer to her birthday.  She's lead a bizarrely sheltered life.  Beofre she was 21 she'd never been drunk though she'd had alcohol a couple of times, with friends.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 07:22:46 AM »
friends are very good in these situations.
friends should look out.

unless she says no, i don't view it as rape.  and i believe that there are different levels of rape.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 08:16:51 AM »
look.

If a woman said that she was raped in the joking way that you did they would probably get the same response you did. And if you'd have seriously posted about being raped people would have been unlikely to have made a joke about it.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 08:25:24 AM »

I already did point that out.

Its not like being completely smashed sneaks up on you though- you start to feel the effects of alcohol long before you're in the kind of state that you couldn't make a rational decision.  Even someone who has lead a sheltered live must know the potential effects alcohol can have on a person.   If they said yes to sex being in such a state is it really rape though or just a series of bad decisions?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 10:26:51 AM »
look.

If a woman said that she was raped in the joking way that you did they would probably get the same response you did. And if you'd have seriously posted about being raped people would have been unlikely to have made a joke about it.
thanks to societal pressures, if i was raped then i am only allowed to mention it in passing or a joke.
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 10:27:50 AM »
I never took you for one that would give into societal pressures.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2007, 10:41:37 AM »

I already did point that out.

Its not like being completely smashed sneaks up on you though- you start to feel the effects of alcohol long before you're in the kind of state that you couldn't make a rational decision.  Even someone who has lead a sheltered live must know the potential effects alcohol can have on a person.   If they said yes to sex being in such a state is it really rape though or just a series of bad decisions?

In this case, apparently her knowledge of when to say no to alcohol was the first thing to go.  Someone who did know better was getting her to drink very potent alcohol.  She remembered almost nothing later.  If she had had sex while drunk at that party, I would have considered it rape, because she honestly didn't know what the effects of the alcohol would be.