Author Topic: come on lets go, the jungles in colombia are hot  (Read 2257 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: come on lets go, the jungles in colombia are hot
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2007, 08:22:49 PM »
so your money is backed by silver?

all those men....freemason's.

No, it's not backed by silver.  I'm not sure what the term 'sterling' on our money is all about, but it might just mean the money's Scottish, since we have a city called Sterling.

It's a traditional name left over from the past, when a Pound Sterling was actually represented by a pound of silver. A pound was then divided into twenty shilling. It is still used as a kind of slang name ... "I will accept payment in Sterling" means that Brit money is OK.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2007, 10:20:45 PM »
American money has a plastic security strip in it as well.  It is printed with the denomination of the bill, and is supposed to be very difficult to counterfeit.  The security strips for different bills glow different colors under ultraviolet light.  The twenty dollar bill's strip glows green, the ten dollar bill's strip glows orange, and the fifty dollar bill's strip glows yellow.  So why did they have to color the face of our money like Monopoly money?

The color and the watermarks make it a little more difficult.
Just another hoop that has to be jumped through - same
with the paper.

GalileoAce

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2007, 10:48:54 PM »
Australian notes are plastic, colourful, and have alot of almost microscopic text all over them, apparently they're one of the world's most difficult notes to forge.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
Monopoly money, on the other hand, while colorful,
is VERY easy to forge.

GalileoAce

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2007, 10:53:29 PM »
I like the look of Monopoly money. I find US money to be monochromatic and pretty boring... I often study Aussie notes for hours, looking at their intricacies.

Litigious

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2007, 01:57:17 AM »
so your money is backed by silver?

all those men....freemason's.

Gangster Computer God Parroting Puppet scum-on-top Playboys! Alreday in the 17th Century! Incredibly con-artism!  :GA: