Author Topic: Ask Eclair anything.  (Read 65762 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Ask Eclair anything.
« Reply #1725 on: September 23, 2007, 02:36:24 PM »
And I asked her why she doesn't want to go public. Saying "because it's a public thread" doesn't answer my question. I already know that but why.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1726 on: September 23, 2007, 02:40:49 PM »
And I asked her why she doesn't want to go public. Saying "because it's a public thread" doesn't answer my question. I already know that but why.
Read through her posts and have a good think. The answer is in there.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1727 on: September 23, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
Aren't you glad that I was considerate
enough to move the question?

You did?  Is your thread going a little cold?

Cute. Very cute!
 :clap:

About that other thing?  I really hope it works out in your favor.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1728 on: September 23, 2007, 04:39:25 PM »

My guess would be that in giving you an answer that you find satisfactory, Eclair would reveal too much personal information about herself that she obviously does not want to reveal.  Why do you keep badgering her for an answer that she obviously does not want to give you?  It would be wiser for you to back off and just stop asking.

How would you feel if she repeatedly asked you Adult Baby and Diaper Discipline questions about yourself that you would prefer not to answer and when you told her that you didn't want to answer, she just kept asking you over and over why you didn't want to answer her?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #1729 on: September 23, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »
I don't think SG is being malicious with her questions, I think its just a TOM thing- sometimes it's hard to understand other people's boundaries.  SG not everyone wants to talk about their real life stuff on here and its not fair to try make them explain their reasons for this, you just have to accept that they don't want to.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1730 on: September 23, 2007, 07:45:17 PM »
Still hoping.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1731 on: September 23, 2007, 11:44:38 PM »
I don't think SG is being malicious with her questions, I think its just a TOM thing- sometimes it's hard to understand other people's boundaries.  SG not everyone wants to talk about their real life stuff on here and its not fair to try make them explain their reasons for this, you just have to accept that they don't want to.

I don't think she is being malicious either.  I was trying to explain and ask her how she would feel under similar circumstances so she would understand that some people just like to keep certain things private and that asking the same question again when they already said they did not want to answer is counterproductive.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1732 on: September 24, 2007, 01:26:02 AM »

My guess would be that in giving you an answer that you find satisfactory, Eclair would reveal too much personal information about herself that she obviously does not want to reveal.  Why do you keep badgering her for an answer that she obviously does not want to give you?  It would be wiser for you to back off and just stop asking.

How would you feel if she repeatedly asked you Adult Baby and Diaper Discipline questions about yourself that you would prefer not to answer and when you told her that you didn't want to answer, she just kept asking you over and over why you didn't want to answer her?

Actually questions I haven't answered on here I have answered through PMs to the person whom asked. Who wouldn't? Unless they are hiding something because they are afraid of what that person would think of them be and afraid they'd be shunned or they're just too embarrassed because they don't know how people would react to it.

I answer people of why I don't want to answer. My reasons would be: I am too embarrassed, I don't want to be shunned, don't want to get crap from people, don't want people to get the wrong assumptions about me. How hard is it to say why you don't want to answer something? :-\

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1733 on: September 24, 2007, 02:13:53 AM »

My guess would be that in giving you an answer that you find satisfactory, Eclair would reveal too much personal information about herself that she obviously does not want to reveal.  Why do you keep badgering her for an answer that she obviously does not want to give you?  It would be wiser for you to back off and just stop asking.

Actually questions I haven't answered on here I have answered through PMs to the person whom asked. Who wouldn't? Unless they are hiding something because they are afraid of what that person would think of them be and afraid they'd be shunned or they're just too embarrassed because they don't know how people would react to it.

I answer people of why I don't want to answer. My reasons would be: I am too embarrassed, I don't want to be shunned, don't want to get crap from people, don't want people to get the wrong assumptions about me. How hard is it to say why you don't want to answer something? :-\

You're actually forgetting to think of several rational reasons for a person not wanting to go into details about personal things.

One important one, which we should all understand is that it could simply be too painful, right now. I don't believe that you mean to make anyone's pain worse, but your approach is very much like grinding rock salt into a fresh wound until it dissolves and crusts over. Well salted injuries can heal fine, but unless you particularly enjoy the sadism, you might consider giving her a bit of time. There is no urgency for you or any of us to have the whole story.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1734 on: September 24, 2007, 02:15:34 AM »
... but your approach is very much like grinding rock salt into a fresh wound until it dissolves and crusts over.

Mmm...you sure know how to make me cringe with delight.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1735 on: September 24, 2007, 03:27:50 AM »

SG, the reason I won't answer is because to answer your question adequately, would entail me probably divulging specific information and I am protective of my career and basically, this is a public thread.  I am not avoiding answering you, I believe Hadron pushed earlier in the thread and I outlined my reasons there, I'm not sure. 

I did say earlier that I was a project manager, I think that's enough.  If you think I am a stripper, then that's OK too.  :laugh:
No, I have nothing to hide as such, I'm not avoiding things, I'm just being sensible about things and I am paranoid a little I guess too, but if you read all my other posts, that would add up, wouldn't it?

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1736 on: September 24, 2007, 03:28:40 AM »
Still hoping.

More waiting.  Wednesday now. 

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1737 on: September 24, 2007, 03:36:05 AM »
'Twould be so much more suitable
if I could trade with you.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1738 on: September 24, 2007, 04:02:26 AM »
'Twould be so much more suitable
if I could trade with you.

No, don't be silly.  I shouldn't have mentioned it last night.  I'd had a few drinks and my guard was down I guess.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1739 on: September 24, 2007, 04:05:04 AM »
Alright. I'll leave it.
But, I'm not being silly,
and I think you know me
well enough to understand.