Author Topic: Unemployed bums  (Read 8211 times)

Litigious

Re: Unemployed bums
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 04:46:18 AM »
Yeah, but people are unfit for a lot of
reasons, and I don't know if I think
that being aspie, is deserving of
special treatment.

Nonetheless, if the state is
unable to provide reasonable
work to a schmuck like myself,
perhaps they ought to support
me.

Considering the taxes in this fucking country, I simply demand the state to give me a work. A decent one. If they don't (which they haven't) I don't feel ashamed of living on disability payment. It's they who waste my intelligence. Stupid cowardly Swedish politicians.

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2007, 04:47:12 AM »
Who said anything about a person being fit? My symptoms make my job absolute torture.

I'm not talking about sickness benefit, anyway. I meant the unemployment benefit.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 04:50:03 AM »
In the US, unemployment is pretty much an earned benefit.
You build it up through work. Plus, you have to be looking
for work, to be eligible (except in the case of seasonal workers).

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2007, 04:53:55 AM »
And at least in Texas, there were so many bureaucratic hoops you had to jump through to keep proving you were still eligible, that I just didn't bother with it even when I could have had it. I imagine they eliminate a lot of freeloaders just by the annoyance factor.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Litigious

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2007, 04:55:30 AM »
In the US, unemployment is pretty much an earned benefit.
You build it up through work. Plus, you have to be looking
for work, to be eligible (except in the case of seasonal workers).

It's harder for healthy people to get it here with the new government, but it's still incredibly much easier than in the US.

Litigious

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 04:57:40 AM »
And at least in Texas, there were so many bureaucratic hoops you had to jump through to keep proving you were still eligible, that I just didn't bother with it even when I could have had it. I imagine they eliminate a lot of freeloaders just by the annoyance factor.

There is a special Swedish bureau (of course) called Arbetsförmedlingen= the work agency. A popular name for it is Arbetsförnedringen= the work humiliation.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 05:07:43 AM »
What the thread maker refers to as "unemployed bums" living on welfare and flat-our refusing to get a job (or even look for one) is a huge problem here in Sweden. Like Litigious points out, the new government (after the last election) have made it harder to try to weasel your way out of working and living on other people's expense, but it is still a big problem. There are also a lot of "unemployed bums" here who claim they have some kinda unspecified illness (usually including some vague, uncurable back-ache) and who are on permanent "sick leave" (without actually being "sick", of couse), collecting money for it all the while.

The Swedish government have tried to crack down on these people but it has proven to be very difficult. I remember when they first cracked down on those "unemployed bums" who don't want to work and who don't want to look for a job. Said bums put up huge stickers all over the school I attend, that said "DON'T TOUCH OUR UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK! POLITICAL STRIKE!!!"

"Yeah", I said to a classmate of mine, "That's pretty much the only strike they can threaten with, isn't it?"
Den som läser detta är dum.

Litigious

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2007, 05:17:07 AM »
I actually didn't ask for disability payment in the first place, by the way, it was more or less forced upon me, so I guess the authorities don't want me to work.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2007, 05:19:48 AM »
I actually didn't ask for disability payment in the first place, by the way, it was more or less forced upon me, so I guess the authorities don't want me to work.

That's pretty much what I always hope will happen.
Not in the US though. You have to play too many
games to get crap, unless you are so obviously
incompetent.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2007, 05:21:57 AM »
Even when you're obviously incompetent and living on the streets, if you're too disabled to navigate the system, you're screwed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Litigious

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 05:22:48 AM »

That's pretty much what I always hope will happen.
Not in the US though. You have to play too many
games to get crap, unless you are so obviously
incompetent.

I simply got it on my AS diagnosis, when I was 29. After you're 30 here, the authorities consider it easier (at least the social democrats did) to put you on disability payment or something than continuing trying to get you a job.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 05:23:06 AM »
Have to agree with Pyraxis. And I don't think Litigious asked for disability payment either. He doesn't strike me as the type. The people I'm irritated with are those who aren't actually sick at all but still fake it in order to get paid not to work. People like that are not much better than parasites, in my opinion.
Den som läser detta är dum.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 05:23:27 AM »
Pretty much been there. Took them 3 fucking months
to get me ANY money. By then, I was kicked out of my
place and on the streets or kindness of friends. Luckily,
I was able to stow my crap with someone.

Litigious

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 05:26:11 AM »
Have to agree with Pyraxis. And I don't think Litigious asked for disability payment either. He doesn't strike me as the type. The people I'm irritated with are those who aren't actually sick at all but still fake it in order to get paid not to work. People like that are not much better than parasites, in my opinion.

My father had a colleague at work, who was on disability payment for "back ache" for eight years! What did he do during those years? Thoroughly repaired his house!

Offline paradox

• Constant Poster
  • babbling randomly in a reality near you
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2007, 05:28:28 AM »
i went for disability payment, it because i wanted to study. Even if i could get a job, i could not study at the same time. over hear u do not have to fack being sick to get support, all you have to is pretend to look for work. I have live with a few of those tips of people. a lot of them are just sick of the system and i can not really argue that there is any good in it.
I have never understood why it should be necessity to become irrational in order to prove that you care, or indeed why it should be necessity to prove it at all - Avon