Educational

Author Topic: Happy St. George's day  (Read 2385 times)

Hypnotica_Gaze

Re: Happy St. George's day
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2006, 05:42:23 PM »
How about you ask the people in Nepal. ;D

Offline Beowulf

• Frequent Poster
    • Click Here
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2006, 05:43:22 AM »
Apparently, this was how BBC Radio 4's Sunday Worship chose to celebrate St. George's day:

?Good morning. I?m standing in a side aisle in the parish church in St Andrews on the east coast of Scotland where I serve as associate Minister. It may seem a strange place to begin a celebration of St George?s Day but in fact our Sunday worship this morning is going to celebrate all of the United Kingdom?s four patron saints and explore the distinctive but overlapping spiritual identities that make up Britishness.?

This is what I've come to expect with Britain being run by a couple of Scots with chips on their shoulders.

The English should do to Blair and Brown what they did to William Wallace.? ;D
"Someday a real rain will come ..."

peegai

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2006, 05:54:47 AM »
Happy St Georges Day? Oh fuck off, the guy was a wanker he should have gotten aids or lots of cancers simultaneously and died a horrible horrible painful death. If i had been around to meet the guy id have impailed the bastard.

Btw incase anyone hasnt guessed i like dragons, lizards etc.
If i was that dragon that fucker would have ended up kentucky fried.

You like reptiles? Fear:

Teh Bert rules.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 10:39:56 AM »
noooooo!

not Bert!

he's fucking monstrous - a tortoise who runs!

scary fucker.   :o

peegai

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 10:59:32 AM »
noooooo!

not Bert!

he's fucking monstrous - a tortoise who runs!

scary fucker.   :o

I'm not too sure, but I think he acknowledges me as a friend, since I spend a bit of time with him. I like to think so.

I used to weigh him and keep a record of his weight every month. But because he's grown so big for our scales, and that my family are not interested in buying any new ones, it leaves me no alternative but to buy some new scales myself.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2006, 12:05:30 PM »
Yeah i like reptiles. Hey id even keep a crocodile if i could. ;D

A tortoise haha cool, how long you had it?

Im in a pissy mood, my little mousey suffered an injury due to something that was in its bedding that shouldnt have been there, i bought from a petshop.

I spent hours in a Vets today, as they tried to find out more about its species, and the dosages because of its size etc, and it had to get jags and antibiotics.
Then they considered amputating its foot......but said its little toe is gonna fall off itself anyways within the next week or two.

So if you read in the newspaper tommorrow or sometime this week, that a girl walked into a pet shop and beat the staff up, whilst throwing mouse/hamster bedding about. It was me. ;D

I prefer animals to people in general regardless of their species. lol

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 12:09:26 PM »
Sorry about your little mousey thing.  I aways get pissed off at neds for smashing their bucky bottles everywhere, since it poses a risk to dog's paws.  Scruffs never got cut, fortunately, probably because I always guided her away from the worst of it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2006, 12:18:08 PM »
Yeah im lucky that the neds dont smash their bottles near me, and milo is safe in that sense.

However the mousey.......well there was like a wirey string hidden deep in their bedding, and it wrapped round its foot cutting off the blood supply and digged right in, i had to cut the stuff off, but there was already some damage done. The little thing had gnawed at its foot trying to get it off also but cut itself.

The stringey wire shouldnt have been in the bedding. Im normally paranoid about such things even though the pet shops say you should just shove a large amount of bedding in for them to sort themselves. I normally sift thru but mum changed their bedding this time, and just stuck it in.
So i was gutted, felt kinda crap for Smeagel.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2006, 12:46:54 PM »
sue the fuckers who manufacture the beddings.  bastards.   >:(

peegai

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006, 12:54:46 PM »
Yeah i like reptiles. Hey id even keep a crocodile if i could. ;D

A tortoise haha cool, how long you had it?

We had Bert for over two years now. He, along with another tortoise called Gertie, was a birthday gift for my mother back in September 2003. Gertie, however, somehow escaped when we placed both of them outside the back garden, which was a damn shame (and I'm not surprised either because Bert kept mounting on top of her for sex :P).

Bert's a Hermann Tortoise, a member of the genus Testudo, a family of Mediterranean Tortoises. As you may have noticed, his shell doesn't look too smooth because he has suffered from malnutrition by his first owner (we are his third); he wasn't fed with the right food, unlike now.

Bert's quite a handful. Due to his aggression, he's quite a character. If he wants to be out of his vivarium, for example, he lets you know by banging against the glass. And, like Vivi said earlier, he does run when he sees one of the cats on the prowl. He's quite fascinated with them.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2006, 01:30:29 PM »
Yes Lucifer i was very angry indeed. I will be making a complaint to the manufacturer. "SAFE BEDDING, YES IF YOU WANT YOUR ANIMAL TO LOOSE A FOOT",  "100% SAFETY GUARANTEED" more like "AMPUTATION GUARANTEED"

Ahh cool, well atleast hes getting looked after properly now.

My other mousey, Loki can be aggressive at times, it also bangs on the plastic tank cage when it wants out, then if you dont let it out, it stares at you oddly.

Loki is great for giving to ppl to handle if you want to get rid of them. ;D