Author Topic: TV causes autism!!!!111eleventy-one!  (Read 2503 times)

ozymandias

Re: TV causes autism!!!!111eleventy-one!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 10:51:10 AM »
Is there anything left that doesn't cause autism??

My tea......unless there's  another study out there about it!

Now I'm wondering about sugar and all the Ice cream and cookies and candy I wolfed down as a hungry child! :P

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 11:43:29 AM »
Don't forget Barney and the Teletubbies.

So that's who my daughter got it from, not me and her dad?

:laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2007, 11:48:50 AM »

I think my son was watching Elmo when he caught it, but my daughter was headbanging to "Foxy Lady" when she came down with hers.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2007, 12:22:33 PM »

I think my son was watching Elmo when he caught it, but my daughter was headbanging to "Foxy Lady" when she came down with hers.

My daughter liked Elmo too, but not until later.  She liked Teletubbies at two, but she never watched them for that long per day.  Teletubbies would hold her interest for maybe 15 or 20 minutes at the most.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 01:39:39 PM »
Is there anything left that doesn't cause autism??

My tea......unless there's  another study out there about it!

Now I'm wondering about sugar and all the Ice cream and cookies and candy I wolfed down as a hungry child! :P
that would make you diabetic.
Misunderstood.

ozymandias

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 02:09:21 PM »
Nope, fine there! :laugh:  The only childhood vaccinations I ever got was smallpox and polio.  I got my "immunizations" the old fashioned way. :gaara:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:12:49 PM by ozymandias »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 04:23:40 PM »

It's well known that prolonged association with the Intensity² in-crowd can make you NT.  ;)

I hope not - unless all you get rid of is the consequences.

ozymandias

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »
I guess I'd better delete my membership if I'm going to be NT! :P

Scrapheap

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 10:02:55 PM »
Deja vu.

The_P

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 08:40:10 AM »
I guess I'd better delete my membership if I'm going to be NT! :P

Thought this site was open to everyone. :p

ozymandias

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 10:29:36 AM »
I was just being a bit of a smart ass! :laugh:  Not going to delete my membership ever again.  If I ever get into a high dudgeon snit again, I'll just walk away and take a break. :P

But, I have been accused of being a "fake aspie" before by people who shall remain nameless.  Some of whom I'v even forgotten the names! :green:

The_P

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 10:33:22 AM »
I was just being a bit of a smart ass! :laugh:  Not going to delete my membership ever again.  If I ever get into a high dudgeon snit again, I'll just walk away and take a break. :P

But, I have been accused of being a "fake aspie" before by people who shall remain nameless.  Some of whom I'v even forgotten the names! :green:

I know. Just playing along. :p

And why are you fucking "fake"?

ozymandias

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »

I know you were playing!  Somedays I just feel like being a smart arse.

Because, I'm married, have a career, yadda yadda yadda, this was from some people on another forum.  They were complaining about their lot in life, no girlfriend, job sucks or no job, I tried to be supportive and encouraging, but, apparently I must have come across as arrogant and/or condescending as they came after me with "guns blazing" and got accused of being "not a real aspie".  I tried to tell them that I worked my ass off to get "lucky".    But, by then it was like talking to a wall.  Even Amy at AFF just considered me HFA.  They were young and blowing off steam and I misinterpreted them as wanting advice.  I rarely give advice now unless I'm directly asked or can't resist the need to.  Live and learn.

The_P

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 11:16:22 AM »

I know you were playing!  Somedays I just feel like being a smart arse.

Because, I'm married, have a career, yadda yadda yadda, this was from some people on another forum.  They were complaining about their lot in life, no girlfriend, job sucks or no job, I tried to be supportive and encouraging, but, apparently I must have come across as arrogant and/or condescending as they came after me with "guns blazing" and got accused of being "not a real aspie".  I tried to tell them that I worked my ass off to get "lucky".    But, by then it was like talking to a wall.  Even Amy at AFF just considered me HFA.  They were young and blowing off steam and I misinterpreted them as wanting advice.  I rarely give advice now unless I'm directly asked or can't resist the need to.  Live and learn.

What can I say? They're just envious fuckwits. :p

If they can't take your advice without being sensitive over it, I wouldn't bother with the zealous disabled folks, Ozy. You're a decent bloke, you have had your share of bad times, so who are they to judge?

ozymandias

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Thanks.  Your up there in the group of people I have respect for.

If people don't want my advice or suggestions or even encouragement, they are free to tell me to back off.  I'd rather they did that then go all emo on me.