Educational

Author Topic: Castration of the mentally handicapped  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
Re: Castration of the mentally handicapped
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »
They anesthetize adults, some babies are not be so lucky.  45% of doctors still do not anesthetize infants when performing the circumcision.  Because: the "procedure does not warrant anesthesia."   ???  Reference:
Well, anesthesia is always a major risk.
Especially with a young patient.
Local anaesthetic?

I thought being circumsised would make a guy less prone to infections and stuff because the area is easier to clean.

You'd think they'd do local...but most don't.  Crazy.  As far as infections go, last time I read up on it, there was some tiny reduction in infection, like fractions of a percent, but it's not a big enough difference to justify the risks of surgery.  It's pretty much just a cosmetic thing.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2007, 11:31:47 AM »
They anesthetize adults, some babies are not be so lucky.  45% of doctors still do not anesthetize infants when performing the circumcision.  Because: the "procedure does not warrant anesthesia."   ???  Reference:
Local anaesthetic?

I thought being circumsised would make a guy less prone to infections and stuff because the area is easier to clean.

You'd think they'd do local...but most don't.  Crazy.  As far as infections go, last time I read up on it, there was some tiny reduction in infection, like fractions of a percent, but it's not a big enough difference to justify the risks of surgery.  It's pretty much just a cosmetic thing.

Circumcision does give males in Africa some degree of resistance to AIDS, I read.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2007, 11:43:37 AM »
Yeah, I haven't kept up on all the latest stuff, like the AIDS study.  I've heard there's some debate on the validity of the study, but I haven't dug too far into it.  Circ has never been one of my hot button topics, I just have friends who are big time "intactivists", so I hear stuff in passing.

The_P

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2007, 01:18:42 PM »
Local anaesthetic?

Circumcision also makes the penis smaller at erection than had it not been circumcised.  Less play in the skin to increase the length.

Really? It looks bigger and fatter compared to my non-circumsised days.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2007, 05:39:32 PM »

Circumcision also makes the penis smaller at erection than had it not been circumcised.  Less play in the skin to increase the length.

Though not all circumcisions are so tight.
I've seen guys with a bit of movement there.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2007, 05:41:10 PM »

Circumcision does give males in Africa some degree of resistance to AIDS, I read.

Might make sense. Since naturally it is less subject to
rough contact, the trimming allows for a toughening,
making blood contact less likely.