Author Topic: Castration of the mentally handicapped  (Read 4128 times)

Teejay

Castration of the mentally handicapped
« on: April 23, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »
This is an sensitive issue, however do you approve of the mentally handicapped being castrated. If I did not see myself as handicapped I would be all in favor or it. Seeing that people below a certain functioning level aren't capable of having sexual or romantic relationships.

I would be uncertain of myself going through the operation in practicing what I preach. There could be great benefits for me being castrated, like having no sex drive and being much more able to focus on other things in my life.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Castration of the mentally handicapped
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 10:07:10 PM »
i think that rapists and child molesters shoulf be castrated.
but i believe that you should have a vasectomy.
Misunderstood.

Teejay

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 10:09:15 PM »
but i believe that you should have a vasectomy.

Well it is a good idea I see myself as mentally handicapped or better or worse, or else I would be really in favor of such things. I confess can be a total nut.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 10:12:34 PM »
i do not believe that you deserve castration.
Misunderstood.

Teejay

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 10:17:02 PM »
i do not believe that you deserve castration.

Yes I agree, It is just an idle thought of mine.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 11:03:20 PM »
There could be great benefits for me being castrated, like having no sex drive and being much more able to focus on other things in my life.

Castration does not guarantee relief from sex drive. Not sure about chemical, but it still can
exist through surgical.

Which is why this is not a reasonable solution. Moreover, rape and pedophilia need not
have any sexual gratification associated with them. 

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 03:48:18 AM »
There could be great benefits for me being castrated, like having no sex drive and being much more able to focus on other things in my life.

Castration does not guarantee relief from sex drive. Not sure about chemical, but it still can
exist through surgical.

Which is why this is not a reasonable solution. Moreover, rape and pedophilia need not

is it a power thing?

maybe labotomy's would do better?
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 03:59:39 AM »
I don't know. It seems that there is a big difference between
what is known as 'date rape' and the experience that I had,
which was definitely a desire to inflict suffering in retaliation
for what I was getting from her. Some of it may have been
power, but it felt rather like giving in to the pure glory of
my insanity, as my rages often do. I think it is more of
an anger thing, in my case.

But, I'm probably not your typical rapist. And I can't
really imagine pedophilia. But, I know that I've done
some pretty weird stuff just because I felt the need
to get my dick wet, so who knows, if I thought that
I could get away with it?

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 05:34:23 AM »
I wouldn't agree with castration but I can understand why some feel that those who will never have the mental age of an adult should be prevented from having children (through sterilisation, depo injections, etc).  I have mixed feelings about this though- in the simplest scenario do the rights of the individual who decides they want a baby (even if they can't take care of themselves) come before the rights of the child to be raised by parents who have a reasonable level of functioning? 

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2007, 07:11:39 AM »

exist through surgical.

is it a power thing?

maybe labotomy's would do better?

... or maybe something like making their father's Misssed Castration retroactive?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:13:37 AM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 12:40:16 PM »
I wouldn't agree with castration but I can understand why some feel that those who will never have the mental age of an adult should be prevented from having children (through sterilisation, depo injections, etc).  I have mixed feelings about this though- in the simplest scenario do the rights of the individual who decides they want a baby (even if they can't take care of themselves) come before the rights of the child to be raised by parents who have a reasonable level of functioning? 

It's a tough question. I've wondered about this one for a while. Maybe the best answer is to allow the parents to have the child, but to provide support workers of some sort in the home, so that the child is regularly exposed to a reliable adult. Yes - expensive. More so than putting the question out of sight, out of mind with castration. But I think better than the alternatives.

I don't agree with forced castration of anybody, regardless of mental functioning. A low IQ should not be an excuse for violating a person's rights. Also there are all kinds of measurement problems with IQ tests as unreliable as they are. There are plenty of autistics who have tested as very low IQ early in life due to sensory or communication problems, but later when they learned how to communicate, tested into and beyond normal range.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 12:48:45 PM »
If you are going to start making decisions for people against their will, or without their will, you might as well make them slaves or just shoot them in the head.  No need to make half assed alterations like minor mutilation.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2007, 12:51:46 PM »
Indeed.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

The_P

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2007, 12:52:59 PM »
If you are going to start making decisions for people against their will, or without their will, you might as well make them slaves or just shoot them in the head.  No need to make half assed alterations like minor mutilation.

Nice one. +

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »

It's a tough question. I've wondered about this one for a while. Maybe the best answer is to allow the parents to have the child, but to provide support workers of some sort in the home, so that the child is regularly exposed to a reliable adult. Yes - expensive. More so than putting the question out of sight, out of mind with castration. But I think better than the alternatives.

I don't agree with forced castration of anybody, regardless of mental functioning. A low IQ should not be an excuse for violating a person's rights. Also there are all kinds of measurement problems with IQ tests as unreliable as they are. There are plenty of autistics who have tested as very low IQ early in life due to sensory or communication problems, but later when they learned how to communicate, tested into and beyond normal range.
i was watching a documentary about the master arian race in the 30's germany.
guess what they used to do?
Misunderstood.