Educational

Author Topic: brushes with death.  (Read 5831 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: brushes with death.
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2007, 05:26:52 PM »
I'd actually appreciate constructive, tactful criticism.  Well if I'm honest part of me would, part of me would worry that constructive criticism would really be an excuse to take the piss.

I don't think criticism would make me stop trying to write, but it could make me reconsider my audience if it was more of the  'Sew my leaky asshole up and rip me a new one' type, rather than constructive.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2007, 07:05:39 PM »

Maybe we need a new thread in the Submissions Forum: "Sew my leaky asshole up and rip me a new one" or something specifically for no-holds-barred critique.

this must be a personal jab at me.

i have discussed my anal leakage problems before.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2007, 07:51:15 PM »

Maybe we need a new thread in the Submissions Forum: "Sew my leaky asshole up and rip me a new one" or something specifically for no-holds-barred critique.

this must be a personal jab at me.

i have discussed my anal leakage problems before.

Why the hell would I take a personal cheap shot at you, McJagger? If I wanted to take a sucker punch at you it would be in the first person/second person framework, not slimed in from afar, dropped somewhere as a hint.
I can't understand why you would think that. You are not the only one with a leaky asshole, for another thing. It is also slang for someone who won't shut-up, which is closer to what I meant to describe.  Also, describing the odorous "Fartistes" who are constantly posting their fartwork, like my twenty pages of fractals.

How about "Shut me up and tell me why I suck".  That just doesn't have the same ring to it. (That's not meant personally either, to anyone.)

Besides, McJ, I had forgotten all about your leakage problem. Sorry that it's still a subject you think about.

You seem to have a fairly low opinion of me, for some reason.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:59:34 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2007, 07:54:50 PM »

Why the hell would I take a personal cheap shot at you, McJagger? If I wanted to take a sucker punch at you it would be in the first person/second person framework, not slimed in from afar, dropped somewhere as a hint.
I can't understand why you would think that. You are not the only one with a leaky asshole, for another thing. It is also slang for someone who won't shut-up, which is closer to what I meant to describe.

Uh, I think that he was joking, and erm, being kind of self-centered, as we always are?

:asthing:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
Are you mediating?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2007, 07:58:46 PM »
Naw, just post-whoring.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2007, 07:58:52 PM »

I can't understand why you would think that. You are not the only one with a leaky asshole, for another thing. It is also slang for someone who won't shut-up, which is closer to what I meant to describe.

Uh, I think that he was joking, and erm, being kind of self-centered, as we always are?

ouch.
how do i procede?

i thought that you knew me well emough to know that i am self centered, and i really don't get upset about stuff like this.

i was of course, engaging in light banter with you and just having a laugh at my own expense.

DD, you just did  :asthing:
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2007, 08:16:25 PM »
Oh. OK. I'm a little jumpy right now, I suppose.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2007, 08:17:18 PM »

dance it off  :dance:
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2007, 08:22:30 PM »
Dance to death....

:dance: :belly: :party: :angrydance: :happydance:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2007, 12:22:33 AM »

Teehee, DD did an AS thing, DD did an AS thing. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2007, 02:28:27 AM »
On topic...or is it off topic?

I saw my stepdad's mum the night before she died. She was dying from bowel cancer. It was not a nice sight. And even though she told people I was "simple", I still felt sorry for her.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »
On topic...or is it off topic?

I saw my stepdad's mum the night before she died. She was dying from bowel cancer. It was not a nice sight. And even though she told people I was "simple", I still felt sorry for her.

My great aunt died of bowel cancer.  She was in such horrible pain, even though she had morphine shots, which my aunt, who was a nurse, could give her.  I remember her telling someone to rip her tailbone out, brcause she hurt so much.

I was with my ex's mother when she died from breast cancer which spread to her bones and lungs.  My grandmother died of ovarian cancer which spread to her lungs, but she waited to die so she could see me first.  She died shortly after I was born.  My mother had thyroid cancer which spread, but she died of a heart attack while she was in the hospital. 

Litigious

« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2007, 01:54:01 PM »
I'd choose a heart attack before cancer any day. My grandfather died of cancer in the spleen and pancreas. He died after just six week in the hospital but before that he had a football-sized cyst in his stomach and gruesome pains, which even morphine couldn't stop.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #179 on: May 10, 2007, 02:18:29 PM »
And if the cancer doesn't get you, the treatment will. My dad survived the cancer but the radiation therapy took whatever resistance he could offer against pneumonia and the like. :(
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein