Educational

Author Topic: Have you ever felt like you wanted to move another country  (Read 4425 times)

Litigious

Re: Have you ever felt like you wanted to move another country
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 05:28:32 AM »
I want to move to New Zealand. I loved it there.

From the movies that have been shot there, I would go there for the scenery. Mountains always get my attention.

Sweden is beautiful, which probably is one of the reasons that I've never made an attempt to leave it for good. The nature is very nice in most of the country. And one of the rights that we actually have is the so called "all man's right" (it's not in any law code though, it's a tradition). You're free to walk wherever you like, even on private property, except through peoples' gardens and fields with crops and secret military ground.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 05:35:21 AM »
amsterdam perhaps.
Misunderstood.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 05:39:20 AM »

I think I know what you loved there.  :eyebrows:

You wish.  ::)

Litigious

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 05:40:28 AM »
Except for the hookers and legal drugs, Amsterdam is pretty shabby. My brother has been there several times.

This is the way nature looks around where I live, if you're not immediately near the coastline. Beautiful?

It's a Volvo tractor, of course.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 05:41:47 AM »

From the movies that have been shot there, I would go there for the scenery. Mountains always get my attention.

Yes, the scenery is gorgeous. I'll have to post my pics soon.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 05:43:22 AM »
Except for the hookers and legal drugs, Amsterdam is pretty shabby. My brother has been there several times.

This is the way nature looks around where I live, if you're not immediately near the coastline. Beautiful?

It's a Volvo tractor, of course.

too many cowards in sweden.
Misunderstood.

Litigious

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 05:43:55 AM »
More pics.

Our province flower, wild honeysuckle rose. My parents have a gigantic one in their garden.

duncvis

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2007, 05:44:02 AM »
I liked Amsterdam a lot, actually. Its grubby, and seedy in places, but human scale and very easy going with some cool buildings. As well as the nightlife and all the good weed you could wish for.

I want to visit New Zealand for the scenery as well. And Iceland.  8)

Offline Coral

• Cool Dude of the Aspie Elite
  • Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 05:52:16 AM »
I have visited Jamaica several times now, and now I just wish to take my son out of the country.  His dad is in prison for another five years so I can not get him a passport.  This leaves this summer when school lets out for me to grab the opportunity to take him to the Bahamas snorkeling on a cruise before this country goes completely passport on us!  You don't need a passport to go out of the country by land or sea until 01/08, going ANYWHERE by air requires a passport though already.  In a few years he'll appreciate another country more anyways, perhaps Brazil.
Alldayglowrandy turned out to be the bravest guy ever & my hero. A warrior until the end may he finally have peace

Litigious

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2007, 05:55:07 AM »
We can visit any other Nordic country without a passport since 1947. To Norway, you just drive over the border. There aren't even any customs houses on most places along the border.

Offline Coral

• Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2007, 05:57:59 AM »
I'd like to move to China temporarily to go slap the chink that screwed me on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't even return my item because the return address is in Chinese and ebay suspended him/ her for probably not sending what you ordered.
Alldayglowrandy turned out to be the bravest guy ever & my hero. A warrior until the end may he finally have peace

Offline Coral

• Constant Poster
  • Coral
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2007, 06:03:58 AM »
Actually I'd rather move to Antarctica right now than wake up my 8 year old to shuffle his reluctant little ass to karate and little league!!! The up side is that while he's in karate I get to go to kickboxing and pretend he's in another country!  (playing karate kid is a great stress reliever).  It's amazing how this little butt head sleeps in when we have things to do such as school, karate, or anything that doesn't involve junk food and Nintendo DS or Xbox!  Tomorrow morning he will be up before the sun I bet, yup, another country sounds great!

Litigious

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2007, 06:06:41 AM »

too many cowards in sweden.

To be quite fair to my fellow Swedes, I must say that one of the reasons that most people are so obedient and conflict avoiding is that we had a very peaceful and good society for many decades. The crime rate was very low. If you lost your wallet in central Stockholm in the 1950s, you most likely could go to the police and find that someone had turned it in and that the money still was in there. I lost a couple of very expensive sun glasses in 1989, but some old guy had gone to the police station and left them there, so I could get them back. That kind of honesty is a typical Swedish trait, very rare in most other countries.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2007, 06:15:18 AM »
people were honest in america in during the 50's.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2007, 06:24:11 AM »
I have visited Jamaica several times now, and now I just wish to take my son out of the country.  His dad is in prison for another five years so I can not get him a passport.  This leaves this summer when school lets out for me to grab the opportunity to take him to the Bahamas snorkeling on a cruise before this country goes completely passport on us!  You don't need a passport to go out of the country by land or sea until 01/08, going ANYWHERE by air requires a passport though already.  In a few years he'll appreciate another country more anyways, perhaps Brazil.

I've been to several islands. I love the island life, but too many peope have found out about Jamaica. I need an island that no one knows about yet.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.