Author Topic: PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii?  (Read 325 times)

Offline Fionus

• one
PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii?
« on: April 18, 2007, 03:03:48 PM »
I'm interested in getting a next-gen console and I wonder what should I get. I am not financially challenged. I am a mostly casual gamer, who plays RPGs and tactical strategies, but want to become serious. Who has one of these consoles, and what are your experiences of them?

Thank you,
Fionus.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: PS3 vs Xbox 360 vs Wii?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »
I find comparable entertainment available with 5 fingers, the internet, and many many tissues.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 02:36:59 AM »
I like the look of Gears or War on the 360, but id never buy it untill it became cheaper in a few years.

duncvis

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 08:02:24 AM »
I hear Gears of War is fucking mental also. When I can get an Xbox 360 for £100, I'll get one. Until then Xbox 'classic' will have to do.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 12:30:47 PM »
The next gen consoles are way too expensive.  I don't know what they're thinking by making them that expensive.  You'd get greater versitility by buying a computer.  Plus all games that come out now are just rehashed versions of games that came before them.  Unless console makers get really creative(which they are trying to do with the wii), computers are going to surpass them in power and cost effectiveness.

But that is for the future.  Right now in order to get in on this generations games you gotta pay like 2 to 3 times as much as you should have to because game makers don't realize that consoles aren't the cash cow they used to be.  And they should be abandoning them for computers.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

The_P

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:31:56 PM »
The next gen consoles are way too expensive.  I don't know what they're thinking by making them that expensive.  You'd get greater versitility by buying a computer.  Plus all games that come out now are just rehashed versions of games that came before them.  Unless console makers get really creative(which they are trying to do with the wii), computers are going to surpass them in power and cost effectiveness.

But that is for the future.  Right now in order to get in on this generations games you gotta pay like 2 to 3 times as much as you should have to because game makers don't realize that consoles aren't the cash cow they used to be.  And they should be abandoning them for computers.

Agreed. +

I'm fed up with console wars now. Singular formats are the way to go.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:33:34 PM by Touchy Ginger Phag »