Educational

Author Topic: What do you want?  (Read 26438 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: What do you want?
« Reply #1650 on: March 29, 2016, 04:51:08 AM »
  I want a reality show about all of us in the kitchen at work.  Must-see TV!   :tv:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1651 on: March 30, 2016, 02:50:39 PM »
  I want a reality show about all of us in the kitchen at work.  Must-see TV!   :tv:

Master Chef Australia? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1652 on: March 30, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »

Master Chef Australia? :zoinks:

We're not in Australia.  :P  Though a koala guest star might be good for the ratings. 

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #1653 on: March 31, 2016, 08:48:15 PM »
To find a company that would be willing to make  some custom-designed   semiconductor chips, needs to be got PRESCISELY right, in terms of number of layers of atoms, and elemental doping, for a rather special and novel kind of semiconductor diode laser. Been reading about a relatively new development in laser physics, the polariton laser. They have certain things in common with FELs (free electron lasers), but where they come into their own, it seems is power requirements. Very low, due to the nature of the 'exciton-polariton' quasiparticle species. I don't quite fully yet get exactly what they are, but essentially, put simply, they are a hybrid of matter and energy superimposed upon each other, matter somehow bound to a photon, as the exciton-polariton spontaneously breaks down with a short half-life, ending up with intense, coherent collimated 'laser' beam. The neat thing is with the inherent instability and spontaneous breakdown leads to a sort of pseudolasing, which doesn't require a population inversion, and as such doesn't need much power to pump the polariton laser diodes, leading in comparison to pretty much any classical laser type, to a MASSIVE gain in efficiency.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1654 on: April 01, 2016, 12:20:07 AM »
I want more sleep. :yawn:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1655 on: April 01, 2016, 02:09:20 AM »
  A good exit strategy to give me the option of quitting the current job.  It's been almost 28 years,
  and I'm really not learning or growing on this job, and the boss and I will always dislike each other
  in ways that can't be changed.  I need to get skills to transition myself into a new line of work.  :chores:

People forget.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1656 on: April 01, 2016, 09:59:18 AM »
  A good exit strategy to give me the option of quitting the current job.  It's been almost 28 years,
  and I'm really not learning or growing on this job, and the boss and I will always dislike each other
  in ways that can't be changed.  I need to get skills to transition myself into a new line of work.  :chores:

Agreed, my Dear.  You need to get off your butt and quit pulling an odeon (staying too long at a job that's awful). 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline MLA

• Elitest Aspie of the Aspie Elite
  • Modulator
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • The internet isn't a library, it's a stage.
« Reply #1657 on: April 01, 2016, 01:46:16 PM »

Professional petsitting :)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1658 on: April 18, 2016, 11:24:32 AM »
  I want my life to be all madcap fun, like this little video.  :autism:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1659 on: April 21, 2016, 05:05:14 PM »
A long sleep, some cold beer, some oxy, because I've run out for this week, now I only have morphine, by way of opiates, and a little opium, possibly, just maybe somewhere. I do hope so. To go for a piss. And something to eat. Not got much around, but my old man went shopping and left me three donuts from the bag he bought him and mom for their tea. Was good enough to take one each for himself and my mom, and then to leave the other three for me to have. Custard filled too, one of my favourite kinds, at least, of the round kind that have a central filling. I find I can easily polish off a bag of 5 in a few minutes.

Not got the beer though, although there IS a part finished can of either fosters or carling in the fridge that I'd started before having to take metronidazole for the infected bite that sent me to hospital a while back. Not what one could call fresh but it has been in the fridge undisturbed so hopefully it might be drinkable. (you can't drink on metro, it'll make you so ill you wish yourself never born. Never had it happen to me, but I don't want to either.) So I left it, might as well see if its fit to drink, or if it needs to be poured down the drain.

Sleep, thats doable enough, got pain meds, plenty of muscle relaxants, something for my acid reflux (a PPI and lots of gaviscon, some cyclizine, buscopan, ondansetron etc.) and some strong sleeping pills, as well as a bowl full of half-finished chlormethiazole or bromo-ethiazole, for want of a better name for the analog of the former with Cl replaced with Br, in the kitchen, which I could work toward finishing off if the sleep aid I have here now ready to use isn't enough. And thank fuck, some pramipexole for the RLS. I HATE having RLS, its just so damn miserably uncomfortable when its playing up, and to take the piss, it always does so when inactive and trying to rest and relax. Bloody horrible, thats what RLS is.

I'd REALLY appreciate a bong now, too. But not got any green. Guess I could scrape the  trace scraps out of one of my other bowls, as the one I'm thinking of got used for N-cumyl-1-(5-fluoropentyl)-indazole-3-carboxamide, a synthetic cannabinoid, and one potent enough that scraping a bit of resin and ash out of that, putting it on top of a pinch of tobacco was enough to floor me when a fair bit had been smoked through that bowl/downpipe, because its astonishingly potent on a weight basis, probably the most potent CB1 agonist I could even NAME, let alone have tried. I'd estimate a fully active dose to be quite a bit lower than 50ug! Theres been enough in a few tens of miligrams of smoked residue to knock me out cold once or twice even. Not a few tens of the compound itself, just a few scraped off grains of burnt carrier herb and smoke residue, I imagine 1mg of that synthetic would hospitalize someone at best if taken at once. Hell, that much could probably put a rhinoceros down, much less a human weighing around 10 stone at his heaviest.

Some candy. Got some strawberries and cream hard candies to nibble on, and assorted isolated bits and pieces, a few of this here, a couple of that there, various odds and ends in terms of sugary goodness.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1660 on: April 25, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »
  Sometimes I want a different life entirely. 

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1661 on: April 26, 2016, 05:30:21 PM »
lovingly *squeezes CBC* :)

Wouldn't mind a smoke right now, and I'd def. appreciate being a bit warmer. *pulls bedcovers over himself further and wraps up in the robe hes wearing tighter*

And to see if american dad/family guy are on tonight on the NT-drool box/'moronizer', and if my feet have healed enough to let me, I'm SO going to slather some mometasone gen on them, as my pompholyx flare is beginning to progress from flaying the skin off me, to outright dripping blood everywhere, as well as ITCHING like fucking christ whenever he hears the idiom 'getting cross with someone'. But can I scratch an itch if there is nothing but raw, dripping, non-bovine steak there? like hell am I trying that, that would hurt like hell. Antihistamines might stop it but I cannot for the life of me find my script of cyclizine. Frustrating isn't even the word, does not get a run in

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1662 on: April 26, 2016, 05:38:29 PM »
  The itching is maddening!  :lemur:

Right now I want a laundry robot.  Like a Roomba, except it would do laundry.  :autism:

People forget.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1663 on: April 26, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »
Yeah, it can be, drives me bloody potty sometimes. Although the rapid feeling of cooling, soothing relief when I apply my steroids is almost as delightful as the pompholyx itching is evil and Dick-damnable- Bastardly McCuntified, just for the way all that furious itching,and feeling like the affected areas are roasting hot is  made to go the hades away.  Like, taking AWAY something awful can be as nice, or nearly so, as GIVING something nice.

OOooh boy,,, my heart is going 'womp-womp-womp!' in my chest well fast (not worryingly so) and my face, feet, arms and up my nose are prickling like tomorrow brings with it an end to the world supply of prickles. And my back is itching too. *Lestat wriggles whilst driving the edge and corner of a table between his shoulderblades, like a wild bear with a rough-barked tree, and wriggles, squats up and down repeatedly with the better ish to a degree leg*
]*Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmscritchscritchscritchscratchscrapescriiiiitchingness*

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1664 on: April 30, 2016, 07:43:02 AM »
CBC talking about Ripon, I want to take a stroll alongside the river the Ure. And spend a few days in Ripon too. And Fountains Abbey, of course. On a foggy day.

Best in autumn, with hardly any tourists around.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!