Author Topic: Uncensored Disscussion About Aspie Village  (Read 8556 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Uncensored Disscussion About Aspie Village
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2007, 02:10:20 PM »
It is places like that which reinforces my conviction that IntensitySquared is the ideal place for autistics to self-express themselves. One day, this place will become immensely popular with the autism community -- better than the likes of WP.

Much as I like this place, NO rules just doesn't work for a large site. First off, many many people would be disgusted by certain aspects of this site. Moreover, constant spamming is something which just cannot be condoned in a populous site. WP is close to the breaking point, in terms of pure spam (and I'm not even half of the total).

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 02:13:17 PM »
In what ways is continuous spam more of a problem on a large site than a small one? Surely it's about percentage of spam vs. percentage of content, not any absolute number. What would overwhelm a smaller site would be lost in a larger one.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
In what ways is continuous spam more of a problem on a large site than a small one? Surely it's about percentage of spam vs. percentage of content, not any absolute number. What would overwhelm a smaller site would be lost in a larger one.

Nah. The percentage IS the problem, but a smaller site can handle a higher percentage. If all posts have to be somewhat considered, it means a much lower amount of them. Without spam, this site would have trouble changing much at all. A larger site should limit the spam, so that people can keep up with the discussions. Eventually, I guess that I site would get so large that all it really becomes is a chat room, no matter the policy on spam.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2007, 02:23:13 PM »
I think it has more to do with the site's purpose. People come to WrongPlanet for detailed on-topic discussion (or at least they did while I was there; I haven't been back in a while) but people come here to just hang out. In topic-oriented forums it's definitely necessary to cut down the spam, but I'm still not convinced it's about size. SomethingAwful, at least the little bit I've looked at, seemed to be full of inane one-liner type posts. And it's huge.

I would have thought more functional would be a Slashdot-like system for rating posts and posters, so the community as a whole can enforce its standards.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 02:25:37 PM »
I would have thought more functional would be a Slashdot-like system for rating posts and posters, so the community as a whole can enforce its standards.

The standards would probably become too topic related though. Hell, I'd probably rate long posts poorly, spammer that I am.

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 02:29:01 PM »
Now that Ascan and Rob have revealed the truth, I have been shamed into revealing this secret photo of me and dunc taken last night.

duncvis

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 02:31:16 PM »
 :evillaugh:

Litigious

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 02:36:32 PM »
The Great Eye is ever watching................ :finger:

Can't anyone hide their IP adress?  8)

Is it possible to gain acces to this site by usung a proxy server ??

To Intensity? Why wouldn't it be?  ???

Litigious

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2007, 02:43:54 PM »
They locked Peter's thread as well, but I started another one. Though my guess is that it will soon be locked as well.  :angel:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2007, 02:47:31 PM »
I just started another one too, before I'd seen your one.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

ozymandias

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 02:58:52 PM »
Everytime I click on the link, I love that little blurb that pops up and says "Entry Forbidden".   :evillaugh:  For some reason it just tickles my warped sense of humor. :laugh:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 03:01:09 PM »
The Great Eye is ever watching................ :finger:

Can't anyone hide their IP adress?  8)

Is it possible to gain acces to this site by usung a proxy server ??

Only if you can find a proxy server in the UK, otherwise it'll block it just like any foreign visitor.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 03:02:55 PM »
Everytime I click on the link, I love that little blurb that pops up and says "Entry Forbidden".   :evillaugh:  For some reason it just tickles my warped sense of humor. :laugh:

It  would be even better if you got in....

Litigious

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2007, 03:04:25 PM »
Is Scrap asking about Intensity or Aspievillage? Intensity has no blocked IP adresses as far as I know, but Aspievillage can only be reached from certain IP blocks. Since Sweden shares IP blocks with the UK, I can access Aspievillage with my own IP. Though maybe I shouldn't. Are any of them good hackers?

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2007, 03:11:31 PM »
its been armagaeddon at AV for the past hour.