Author Topic: Altered posts  (Read 2147 times)

Scrapheap

Altered posts
« on: April 08, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »
Since ascan can't give a specific example of the admins altering peoples posts here, does anybody know what he's talking about ??

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Altered posts
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 08:12:31 AM »
yes, he's talking about smoke and mirrors.
it happened by slight of hand.
it was magic.

or imagined.  i can't remember which.

*edited by dunc to illustrate point below*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:24:04 AM by duncvis »
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 09:23:15 AM »
It is of course bollocks. He should know that even staff can't edit posts here without it being visible to all - if he didn't believe us telling him several times, you'd think he'd take Emoga's word for it.  ::)

Also, I smoke pole! :green:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:59:24 AM by McJagger »

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 10:34:45 AM »
yes, he's talking about smoke and mirrors.
it happened by slight of hand.
it was magic.

or imagined.  i can't remember which.

*edited by dunc to illustrate point below*

I was thinking of editing to show that as well.  Damn your beating-me-to-itness.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 10:57:15 AM »
You would have to log in as the person who posted it, before you tried to alter it, right? Even then you could only hide who did it and not the fact of the alteration or the time it happened, right?

I know one type of software that allows "no visible trace to the public" editing, which an overmoderated board called DIY Audio uses. They are constantly removing "language" usage. Nazis!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 12:16:19 PM by Dosanza Bidges »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

The_P

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »
Still haven't got anything better to do, St. Ascan?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 11:51:08 AM »
You can't hide your editing a post, if a) somebody's posted after that post or b) you weren't the original poster. Ascan's full of it, as always. Specifically, he's trying very hard to bait me and Dunc. (Those of you who don't have a clue about what I'm talking about, head over to OTS and read for yourselves...)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 12:10:29 PM »
You can't hide your editing a post, if a) somebody's posted after that post or b) you weren't the original poster. Ascan's full of it, as always. Specifically, he's trying very hard to bait me and Dunc. (Those of you who don't have a clue about what I'm talking about, head over to OTS and read for yourselves...)

No worries odeon, I'll keep him occupied!!  :evillaugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 01:01:16 PM »

Seems like someone is asking for an E-wedgie, only I think it should be fairly permanent or, at least, removable only through surgery. I am so far out of this loop, that it is easy to see the idiocy without any emo"fog".
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 01:27:56 PM »
It is of course bollocks. He should know that even staff can't edit posts here without it being visible to all - if he didn't believe us telling him several times, you'd think he'd take Emoga's word for it.  ::)

Also, I smoke pole! :green:

Omega_Female responded and posted a link to the posts. She claims you edited her post on 4 occasions.

While I could understand someone getting a little irked at this, I don't understand how this got blown out of porportion. Were there other issues that were going on at the same time ??

duncvis

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 02:18:36 PM »
LOL, she means the 'what are you listening to now, you cunt' thread - the initial post has been repeatedly edited (as visibly shows that to be the case) as the stupid bitch was being deliberately insulting so we were changing the title to nonsensical stuff like 'you rabid badger', etc. She and I had a brief exchange of insults using that post as a messageboard also. OMFG admin abuse of power!!!!!111eleventy-one!  :wanker:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2007, 04:21:47 PM »
Yeah, it's censorship, it's terrible. It's the end of the Internet as we know it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2007, 04:31:54 PM »
would i be asking you to be arsed if i inquired about a link?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2007, 05:16:27 PM »
You would have to log in as the person who posted it, before you tried to alter it, right? Even then you could only hide who did it and not the fact of the alteration or the time it happened, right?

I know one type of software that allows "no visible trace to the public" editing, which an overmoderated board called DIY Audio uses. They are constantly removing "language" usage. Nazis!

We don't have that kind of software here.

I edited someone's OP to remove a superfluous "the" in the thread's title after someone noticed it several pages into the thread.  I can't remember right now which thread it was, but I noted what I had done when I did it and of course the post itself notes that I edited it.  Here, there is no edit note only if the OP edits his own post within 90 seconds.  If the OP edits it after that or if anyone else edits it at any time, there is always an edit note saying who edited it and when.

As for logging in as the OP to edit a post, the OP would have to give you their password for you to do that.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2007, 06:09:02 PM »

Thanks, Callaway, but I never thought that anyone here was doing goofy stuff to posts. I just mentioned the (PHP) software because they can and actualy do sneaky stuff over there, because sneakiness is built-in to the software from the start. They had over a hundred moderators at one time and they left no traces of their handiwork.

I know you don't edit things, except to help.