Educational

Author Topic: British Aspie site  (Read 9589 times)

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
Re: British Aspie site
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 02:52:44 AM »
robertn

Has anyone here ever experienced online bullying?

I am a member of an aspie forum called Intensity, but I rather suspect many people there haven't actually got aspergers. The idea of the forum was to promote free speech, but the whole idea has failed and it has degenerated into a cesspool of personal insults and bitchiness.

Its really awful because some people just hide behind their mask and mock you, knowing full well they can get away with it. There is a karma system (read - a popularity scale). The in-crowd on the site just add karma (applaud) to each other at any opportunity. Some of them are at +70 or more, which is riduculous. They smite people they don't like (I am at -15), until the gaps between the members are so obvious that the in-crowd or "clique" as I like to call them, can kick out people to bully based on their low karma scores, knowing that few people will bother to defend them.

The whole business is getting me down. If I just leave, the thugs will think they have won, and I don't want to give them that satisfaction.

Gender:Male     OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's website
Sponsored Links

Posted:      Bottom of PageBack to top

Why am I seeing this?

nessa456
'Contradictor in Chief' - Arguments R US

uk_isle_of_man.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 12:31 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
Hmmm

Sounds like an interesting challenge - what's the site address?

Nessa Twisted Evil

Gender:Female     HiddenView user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
BadgerTom
Lord of the Badgers& all Stripey Things

uk_wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 12:39 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
yea i wanna join aswell, swing us those umm details will ya Cool

lets take on the challenge Nessa Very Happy

アナグマトム ftw
 Gender:Male     OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
nessa456

uk_isle_of_man.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 12:49 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
The reports I hear about other AS sites always make this one seem like some kind of utopia!

We're like some kind of aberration in all getting along so well (most of the time anyway)!

Nessa Smile

BadgerTom

uk_wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 12:53 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
hmmmmmmmmmm so what does that make me then Nessa ?

am i more utopia or what ?

be frank, i am... honest Cool

アナグマトム ftw
 Gender:Male     OfflineView user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
nessa456

uk_isle_of_man.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:03 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
(Nervous laugh) Well Tom, continual Utopia would be a bit dull so I suppose you 'shake it up' a bit

Nessa Smile

BadgerTom

uk_wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:08 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
thats a fair confirmation Very Happy

アナグマトム ftw
Laz

england.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:13 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
You know most people who got bored of the place just moved on Rob. The non-uk members...who cares about their opinion, there totally irrelavant and have no barring on your life what so ever.

You just keep digging yourself a hole mate and your better off just moving on and not caring. I was cringing at your call out threads you really do need to know when to shut the F' up sometimes you really do cause your full of it and you completly lost the point and just tried to make wild accusations at people. The site is stale and dying and your just gonig to be an easy target going around like a headless chicken ranting at people.

There is an equal playing ground there if you want to confront and argue with people, its hardly there fault you suck at it. You are more asperger then half of them put together and its so blatent a few have nothing to do with aspergers anyway.

That whole Karma system no one takes seriously apart from you Rob.

GET A GRIP!

Gender:Male     OfflineView user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
nessa456

uk_isle_of_man.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:16 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
Don't be so harsh!

(I can't believe I'm saying that!)

And PS - give us a link!

Laz

england.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:27 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
I dont feel its neccesary to give you a link, ask mutate, omega female or Rob if you like. I ain't gonna be held responsible basically for you turning up there Razz

Im afraid Rob needs to come to a few realisations and he needs to come to it sooner rather than later or hes gonna get burned and i'd rather save him the anguish of learning the hard way. Not just on intensity but on his communication, on his reading of people and on life in general. No more social worker handling him with kid gloves attitude its time for cold harsh reality

This site is a friendly community and i can't believe he was shreiking around in terror before the cambridge meetup because of some morons on that intensity site he took seriously. But thats another issue entirely, infact when i learned of this it absolutely infuriated me that some people did that but then if your a sucker for it people will always be tempted

Gender:Male     OfflineView user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
nessa456

uk_isle_of_man.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:35 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
You make me sound like some kind of verbal semtex! I'm pretty sure they'd all take great delight in ignoring me anyway so there'd be nothing to worry about

I used to go on the Aspie Hangout Delphi forum and the Americans there had no problem posting over me; I'd have a rant about it, they'd acknowledge me then it would run on much as before

I never felt I was making a proper 'connection' with them. I don't think we speak the same language as Americans

Nessa Rolling Eyes

BadgerTom

uk_wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:38 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
ohh ok sorry laz i didnt realise i thought what was said was LAW. i guess now that the true light has been shown it seems like i sound bad now Sad

but i agree with what you said, some people need to take a step back sometimes and admire the view, not charge head first into a scenario.

and that stuff that went on earlier, there really was no need of it.

Rob, you probably mean well but you need to chill out every once in a while and listen to your heart and dont be rash.

and if someone tells you to "shut the F up" take them seriously, they're only being rude cos they dont want people to forget about it and carry on reguardless.

Cool

ahhhhhh time to chill out sum more i think...

now where did i put my rizla Very Happy

アナグマトム ftw
BadgerTom

uk_wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:39 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
hows about we talk about this like adults in chat eh, and not get it banned again eh ?

アナグマトム ftw
nessa456

uk_isle_of_man.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:41 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
I only want to read the posts anyway

Posting cold on a new board is the equivalent of walking into a pub youve never been in before and starting a conversation out of the blue with the first person you come across - it's too much like hard work and the length of time you'd have to hang around to get 'accepted' as one of the crowd is too great and might never happen anyway

Nessa

BadgerTom

uk_wales.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 1:43 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
and so what, i'd just carry on reguardless, if people dont like me all they need do is say it in a respectable manner and i'll let things be, but to be profane at me or insult my intelligence, well that has been known to provoke the Inner Badger Cool

アナグマトム ftw
Till

blank.gif

PostPosted: Thu 31 Aug, 2006 7:40 am     Reply with quoteBottom of PageBack to top
nessa456 wrote:  ‹ Select › ‹ Expand ›

Posting cold on a new board is the equivalent of walking into a pub youve never been in before and starting a conversation out of the blue with the first person you come across - it's too much like hard work and the length of time you'd have to hang around to get 'accepted' as one of the crowd is too great and might never happen anyway

Nessa

OK, I just thought that's a good quote to start my first post with. I've actually been here before (see some old entries by 'Till'), but that account is now listed as guest. Nothing to add to this conversation for the moment, except I agree that aspievillage was quite unique in being a forum for open and honest discussions without the need to hide yourself - I hope it's still (or rather, again) that way, there seem to be too many sites like the one mentioned above already.

Till

Gender:Male     OfflineView user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 02:55:20 AM by La_Mala »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 06:16:21 AM »
but robert complains about people here who attack people elsewhere, and calls it bullying.

yet, he did it to duncshit and peter.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 10:13:33 AM »
ZZZZzzz. In stereo. :zzz:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2007, 10:24:58 AM »
I am a member of an aspie forum called Intensity, but I rather suspect many people there haven't actually got aspergers. The idea of the forum was to promote free speech, but the whole idea has failed and it has degenerated into a cesspool of personal insults and bitchiness.

Thanks again, La Mala.  I had forgotten how funny it was. 

According to Godwin's Second Law, I guess the thread was over before it started because our diagnoses were questioned.

:LMAO:

:plus:

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »
Unfortunatly they have just in the last 20 minutes disabled the entire Anon Forum and deleted all posts due to the great "Bringing Nunchukas to the meetup" thread! 

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »
 I had this new troll character i wanted to pass the time with.  It would be a fat guy of 30 living at home who thinks he is a Savant because he can recite every episode of "Air-Wolf", and heard that it was his "Ortism" that made him so smart.  And he wants dirty sex and thinks NTs are stupid.

Also I was going to sign into WP as "The Reverend McNulty" an Irish middle aged female vicar who has AS and so they would make me a mod, because I would be extremely conservative and easily offended.  But, that was back in the days when I actually wanted to look in the Mods Forum, noone I know posts there anymore, so I'm not bothered now.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 10:43:44 AM »
Also I was going to sign into WP as "The Reverend McNulty" an Irish middle aged female vicar who has AS and so they would make me a mod, because I would be extremely conservative and easily offended.  But, that was back in the days when I actually wanted to look in the Mods Forum, noone I know posts there anymore, so I'm not bothered now.

There's still time. ;D +
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:19 AM »
Unfortunatly they have just in the last 20 minutes disabled the entire Anon Forum and deleted all posts due to the great "Bringing Nunchukas to the meetup" thread! 

Obviously that person must have been joking about the "Nun-Chuckers" and watching five movies to learn how to use them, as well as being trained by a "friend who was in the SAS".   Either that, or it's RobertN.  When's the next meetup, or did they cancel it because they are afraid of this "anonymous" person showing up with nunchukas?  If it is RobertN, even if he has "Nun-Chuckers" in his trousers I could still take him.

:LMAO:

Offline Tom/Mutate

• bass martian
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »
I think its in London next Saturday, and I think Robert is coming (I will welcome him as a friend if he does as I have no emnitly against him)

The_P

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »
I think its in London next Saturday, and I think Robert is coming (I will welcome him as a friend if he does as I have no emnitly against him)

Internet personas don't always protray an accurate image of the people behind them.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 12:33:15 PM »
Brilliant, Einstein.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

The_P

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2007, 12:49:01 PM »
Brilliant, Einstein.

You'll take me seriously once I'm at my prime.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2007, 01:09:24 PM »

I'm glad, because he may well be a good person IRL, just immature for his age, a big-time grudge holder, and way too desperate to get laid. 

I still think I could take him if he tried to use "Nun-Chuckers" on me, though.   ;)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2007, 01:33:24 PM »

I'm glad, because he may well be a good person IRL, just immature for his age, a big-time grudge holder, and way too desperate to get laid. 

I still think I could take him if he tried to use "Nun-Chuckers" on me, though.   ;)

Callaway, i think youy can take me also.  i would never hit a lady.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 10:28:46 PM »
Internet personas don't always protray an accurate image of the people behind them.

How...how could they?

Callaway, i think youy can take me also.  i would never hit a lady.

Don't count on it man.