Educational

Author Topic: Aspies For Freedom  (Read 4338 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Aspies For Freedom
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 06:10:45 AM »
i think that PI knits.
Misunderstood.

duncvis

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2007, 03:36:34 PM »
i think that PI knits.

Yeah, PI knits like fuck. She's a punk knitter. :headbang:

ozymandias

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2007, 04:32:13 PM »
i think that PI knits.

Yeah, PI knits like fuck. She's a punk knitter. :headbang:

Oh dear........ :eyebrows:............so many things to say, so little time! :evillaugh:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »
Yeah I knit and I think Ozy is right it is pretty stim like- I can't relax unless I've got something to keep my hands occupied.  I've always got at least 2 projects on the go.  Only trouble I've found with it is that I can get obsessed with finishing something and will keep going long after I should have taken a break.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 03:41:26 PM »
Yeah I knit and I think Ozy is right it is pretty stim like- I can't relax unless I've got something to keep my hands occupied.  I've always got at least 2 projects on the go.

Sounds like you need your feet occupied as well.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 06:11:04 PM »
Yeah I knit and I think Ozy is right it is pretty stim like- I can't relax unless I've got something to keep my hands occupied.  I've always got at least 2 projects on the go.  Only trouble I've found with it is that I can get obsessed with finishing something and will keep going long after I should have taken a break.

will you knit me a cock-warmer?
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 06:58:46 PM »

As weird as it may seem, my now deceased mother-in-law, used to knit cock and ball one-piece warmers. It was one of her little cute prank gifts, she made, usually with red yarn. She called it a Red Private Wooly. One of the ways I was welcomed into the family was that I had to be embarrassed in a group of people, receiving my RPW from my elderly mother-in-law, as a gift. Her daughter (my wife) has her sense of humor, too.

I don't embarrass very easily, and I can't fake that one well, either. I just laughed and complained about the ball part being too small.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 07:00:49 PM by Calamity Jane »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 07:20:55 PM »
awesome story.
i'd fit right in with her family.
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 08:00:13 PM »
Do you use it?

Did you have to model it for them?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 08:08:58 PM »

Of course, I tried it on, but I modeled for only one person. I was right - the ball part was too small. It was also quite wooly, which I like at times, but not there.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 08:13:59 PM »

Of course, I tried it on, but I modeled for only one person. I was right - the ball part was too small. It was also quite wooly, which I like at times, but not there.
do you still have it?

will you model it for us?
Misunderstood.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 08:19:17 PM »

Eh, you could get used to it. Is it nice and snug feeling?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 09:16:38 PM »

do you still have it?

will you model it for us?

Nope, I passed the joke on. I gave it to my niece-in-law as a wedding present, when she married my nephew. I was a big hit. I happened to be photographing the wedding, too and I got great reaction shots. No, I won't post them, either.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 01:56:27 AM »

I actually made one for a friend of my parents when I was in France last summer for a joke birthday present- I only had a couple of hours to make it so I crocheted it instead. He complained I'd made it too big  :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 07:28:40 AM »

I actually made one for a friend of my parents when I was in France last summer for a joke birthday present- I only had a couple of hours to make it so I crocheted it instead. He complained I'd made it too big  :laugh:
but you would have to assume that if it was kept warm, then it wouldn't do the shy turtle impression.
Misunderstood.