Educational

Author Topic: money to burn....  (Read 850 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
money to burn....
« on: March 30, 2007, 06:30:15 PM »
assume you were very wealthy.  what type of eccenticities would you burn some cash on?

for starters, i would go to a restaurant and pay the manager $1000 to put one song on a continuous loop.  then i would watch the restaurant patrons and see how long before they get it.
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

Re: money to burn....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »
assume you were very wealthy.  what type of eccenticities would you burn some cash on?

for starters, i would go to a restaurant and pay the manager $1000 to put one song on a continuous loop.  then i would watch the restaurant patrons and see how long before they get it.

I bet I could get the manager to do it for $20. You got to lowball these things man !!!  ;) ;D

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:52:50 PM »

I would be too busy jetsetting to even think about something like that. Besides, I'm the daughter of an accountant. I couldn't even force myself to waste money on something I really could care less about.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 07:18:24 PM »

I would be too busy jetsetting to even think about something like that. Besides, I'm the daughter of an accountant. I couldn't even force myself to waste money on something I really could care less about.

nice thread killing post.
Misunderstood.

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 07:30:21 PM »
I would get a Congreve clock.
Horrible time keeping and ridiculously expensive but very intersting.

The cheapest one I can find is a kit you build yourself for about $1000.....I'll have it someday.
I've seen them go up to $15,000

edit: well I just checked the price and it's actually $2400 for the kit, $3800 assembled   :(

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 07:49:40 PM by Alexander the Grape »

duncvis

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 07:54:10 PM »

seconded. who says accountants have to be killjoys? I'm a part qualified accountant and I'm not even slightly boring. honest. taking your work home with you sucks arse. :P

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »
I'd be building family atomics.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:11:13 PM »
The Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature Tangent Tracking Turntable System. If you follow the link, you will see an idiot in the audio world, with more money than brains. He has just bought a topline turntable (Fifteen thousand dollars, I think) and there are no acoustical treatments of any kind in his listening room ... no bass traps, no diffusion panels, no absorption panels, just painted sheetrock walls, windows, blinds. Fucking IDIOT!
 He has money to burn, though.

I would waste a lot of money, if I could, on audio, but I would also go nuts, ordering rare and interesting music.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:16:18 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Silk

• Complicated
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Trust Me
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 08:46:24 PM »

I'm not trying to be a thread killer(pouts), my brain just refuses to work that way because I always think too much. Money or no money, my mind is filled with too many 'what ifs'. I am constantly unlucky, so something always goes wrong without fail.

The Walker Audio Proscenium Gold Signature Tangent Tracking Turntable System. If you follow the link, you will see an idiot in the audio world, with more money than brains. He has just bought a topline turntable (Fifteen thousand dollars, I think) and there are no acoustical treatments of any kind in his listening room ... no bass traps, no diffusion panels, no absorption panels, just painted sheetrock walls, windows, blinds. Fucking IDIOT!
 He has money to burn, though.

I would waste a lot of money, if I could, on audio, but I would also go nuts, ordering rare and interesting music.

That doesn't sound like a waste of money, it sounds like something you really enjoy.
George:I'd say I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not. I excel at not giving a shit. Experience has taught me that interest begets expectation, and expectation beget disappointment, so the key to avoiding disappointment is to avoid interest. A equals B equals C Equals A, or whatever. I also don't have a lot of interest in being a good person or a bad person. From what I can tell, either way, you're screwed. Bad people are punished by society's laws, and good people are punished by Murphy's Law

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 08:49:58 PM »
just having fun with you, my nubian princess.

i like to people watch.
Misunderstood.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 10:41:11 PM »

That doesn't sound like a waste of money, it sounds like something you really enjoy.

Thanks, music is a large part of the good in my life. I can't imagine not having my music as a constant source of pleasure and stress relief.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 11:00:42 PM »
I'd buy some Asian sex slaves and make them sing karaoke while gargeling my seemen.  :evillaugh:

Litigious

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 01:52:40 AM »
I'd buy some Asian sex slaves and make them sing karaoke while gargeling my seemen.  :evillaugh:

Ditto. Except that I'd make them gargle my piss too and make them suck my cum out of each others arses.  :evillaugh: 8)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 05:27:39 AM »
reduced.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 05:37:50 AM »
I'd go invest in the space program, and start some more contests like the X Prize. Humanity needs to get off their collective asses, and I don't find a lot of things more thrilling than watching pioneers push the boundary of what's possible.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.