Educational

Author Topic: why is this wrong?  (Read 613 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: why is this wrong?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »
im a boy thank you. and calandale, bars open here at anytime we even have drive up liquor stores

Where are you? I see the Mountains reference. What is the age of consent there? Can you smoke in public?

Who did the intervention?  Relatives?  Friends?  And were they embarrassed when they realised their mistake?

Friends of his. I don't think that they realised. I know that he was still pissed about it a few months later.
The funny thing is, the guy was definitely an alcoholic (by the strict definitions of today), but these jerks
wouldn't have done anything, if he worked a normal job.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 10:02:44 AM »
well i dont need to get drunk in the morning sometimes i just crave it. i rarely get drunk in the morning anyways, people are just mad because i live a leasuire like lifestyle. if they had the time to get drunk in the morning they'd probably do it aswell

I can remember many times, in my life, when getting drunk was the goal of the day and sometimes the day started in the "morning". I realize I am offering hearsay evidence, but I honestly don't see the big deal, assumming you don't have a job and aren't going out looking for one, later "today". The common perception is, as Callaway said, people who drink in the morning have a drinking problem. I think it was Churchill who said that there are two kinds of problem drinkers - those who drink too much and those who drink too little. Of course, he said it eloquently and most likely with a flourish, but I agree with the premise. The drinking, itself is not the problem.

I hadn't even thought of this thread until after I was sitting and enjoying my beer, but I had beer early in the day, yesterday. I did not want to get drunk or drink more than one beer and I wanted to enjoy it, so instead of guzzling it straight out of the bottle, like I do when I drink standing up, I sat down, like a civilized person, with a glass and I had a Newcstle Brown Ale for breakfast. It was about four thirty AM, after a decent nap, and I was already feeling pretty good.

I put on some Hendrix, loaded my pipe (nicotine addicted, I am, still), poured a light head in a crystal rocks glass and I endulged every nuance of my morning Newkie. I got a little light headed, at first, which was nice, but I really had nothing else planned for the early part of the day, so no harm done. Besides, everyone else was still sleepwhoring. I actually got quite a bit of gardening work done as the day progressed, which is the main thing I was going to do, anyway. My energy level stayed very high, until about noon, when I barbequed a chicken. All went well and I went to bed, fairly tired, at a "normal" time and got a great night of sleep, last night. Overall, I have to say that beer for breakfast was the right choice for me, at the time.

If I had the idea that I could repeat that great feeling, every morning, and reap the benefits of Beer For Breakfast on a daily basis, I might be setting myself up with the type of problems that are caused from "drinking too much", because I need breakfast every day.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Litigious

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 10:10:21 AM »
Both my grandfathers are/were alcoholics, my grandfather who is my dad's dad is still alive and has been an alcoholic since about 1950 or so...But I'm more likely to be a drug-addict. I love opioids, and they're much cheaper than booze if you can get a prescription instead of buying them illegally.