Author Topic: why is this wrong?  (Read 614 times)

richard

why is this wrong?
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:35:02 AM »
getting drunk in the morning? i was thinking about going to the bar this morning to get drunk and play some pool, when everyone, is giving me a hard time about it. "oh what are you an alcoholic?" and you can guess everything else that was said, i wanna know whats the big deal? are they just jelouse because i dont work 40 hours a week like them and can drink beer during the middle of the day or what? everyone throws a fit when i want to drink, and im sick of of it

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: why is this wrong?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 10:49:22 AM »
Isn't drinking in general a bit of a taboo in the US?  Sometimes I have a glass of wine with lunch, and I don't see any problems with it.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »
I guess the perception is that if you need to get drunk in the morning, then you have a problem with alcohol dependency.

I hate to say it, but almost all of the morning drinkers that I have known, especially those who wanted to actually get drunk in the morning, have had an alcohol dependency problem.

I don't think a single glass of wine with lunch would be a problem, unless you would be driving or if your employer prohibited drinking until after you have finished working for the day.  There are employers here who would fire you if you drank alcohol with lunch and then came to work under the influence at all.

Litigious

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 11:18:39 AM »
Sweden actually has about the same view on alcohol as the US. But from Denmark and southwards, the relation to alcohol is usually much more liberal in Europe.
Many Swedes drink tremendously much in the weekends, though.

richard

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:58:21 AM »
well i dont need to get drunk in the morning sometimes i just crave it. i rarely get drunk in the morning anyways, people are just mad because i live a leasuire like lifestyle. if they had the time to get drunk in the morning they'd probably do it aswell

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 12:23:34 PM »
I used to get drunk in the mornings to get to sleep did for years. I worked the night shift for years. I suffer insomnia. Now though I got prescribed drugs for that.
Guardian of the Empire

richard

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 01:28:24 PM »
i just feel like me wanting to get drunk in the morning is like scratching my balls in public, people just hate it. its so taboo >:(

Litigious

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 01:47:58 PM »
I'd drink in the morning sometimes if I didn't live on the countryside and needed my car to go to town. It's very easy to lose your license for drunk driving here.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 02:58:31 PM »
when i worked nights i drank in the morning.
but then my mornings were like theri nights, i guess.
Misunderstood.

The_P

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 12:43:03 PM »
getting drunk in the morning? i was thinking about going to the bar this morning to get drunk and play some pool, when everyone, is giving me a hard time about it. "oh what are you an alcoholic?" and you can guess everything else that was said, i wanna know whats the big deal? are they just jelouse because i dont work 40 hours a week like them and can drink beer during the middle of the day or what? everyone throws a fit when i want to drink, and im sick of of it

Who are these people that you're referring to -- family/friends or strangers?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 11:39:27 PM »
getting drunk in the morning? i was thinking about going to the bar this morning to get drunk and play some pool,

Bars are open in the morning around you? Cool.

I drink when I please (and please when drunk), but I don't think I'm a drunk.

A friend of mine had a whole intervention called all over his ass for sitting out on the porch, drinking at 8 AM.
Thing is, he was just home from work. I mean christ, not everyone leads a fucking nine to five job.

Tequila - the breakfast of champions.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 01:06:38 AM »
I was told it was because you should be working during the day and only drinking after a day's work.  But as far as I am concerned, those people can go screw themselves.  If they like drinking way past a good bed time, being hungover the next day, and getting their sleep schedual all fucked up and being miserable in the middle of the day, fine.

I however, if I feel like drinking, pick an open day, get drunk in the morning(which is coincidentally when delivery food services are open), pass out by afternoon or late evening, and be unhungover sooner, and actually be able to function unmiserably the next day.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline zer0

• Constant Poster
  • The Great Korvhund-o
    • Bento & Starchky dot com
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 04:46:09 AM »

I'm drinking right now, so I have no idea why it'd be "wrong" either. You go, girl! :)
Den som läser detta är dum.

richard

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 10:42:31 AM »
im a boy thank you. and calandale, bars open here at anytime we even have drive up liquor stores

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 10:46:30 AM »
getting drunk in the morning? i was thinking about going to the bar this morning to get drunk and play some pool,

Bars are open in the morning around you? Cool.

I drink when I please (and please when drunk), but I don't think I'm a drunk.

A friend of mine had a whole intervention called all over his ass for sitting out on the porch, drinking at 8 AM.
Thing is, he was just home from work. I mean christ, not everyone leads a fucking nine to five job.

Tequila - the breakfast of champions.

Who did the intervention?  Relatives?  Friends?  And were they embarrassed when they realised their mistake?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?