Educational

Author Topic: I am so tired of this  (Read 2147 times)

Litigious

Re: I am so tired of this
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2007, 11:07:37 AM »
He probably is in prison because he is guilty of something. He might be innocent, but even non-Muslims are innocently convicted, even in Sweden and all other western countries. It's kind of a bitter irony on behalf of most Iraqi males, though, that those guys in abu-Ghraib were treated like pets by a woman. It's hardly a prejudice that most Arab males treat their wifes worse than most Swedish or American males do.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2007, 03:39:56 PM »
He probably is in prison because he is guilty of something. He might be innocent, but even non-Muslims are innocently convicted, even in Sweden and all other western countries. It's kind of a bitter irony on behalf of most Iraqi males, though, that those guys in abu-Ghraib were treated like pets by a woman. It's hardly a prejudice that most Arab males treat their wifes worse than most Swedish or American males do.

The foundation of a just society: you're only in prison if you're guilty of something. ::)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2007, 03:42:06 PM »

The foundation of a just society: you're only in prison if you're guilty of something. ::)

Absolutely not. But probably.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2007, 03:45:44 PM »
Oh pleeeeze. In Iraq, after the invasion? You only had to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2007, 03:52:05 PM »
I actually don't think that American troops randomly take POWs. We can ask Scrapheap, he's actually been with the US Marine Corps in Bosnia. He should know.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 03:54:16 PM by Litigious »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2007, 03:55:52 PM »

Absolutely not. But probably.

No. DEFINITELY. Every person is guilty of something. Torture for ALL!!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2007, 04:44:25 PM »
I'm guilty of keeping this thread alive. ;D

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »
I actually don't think that American troops randomly take POWs. We can ask Scrapheap, he's actually been with the US Marine Corps in Bosnia. He should know.

Our operating orders wer'nt much different from a policeman's.  You had to have Probable Cause or Reasonable Articulable Suspicion.  :police:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2007, 05:55:24 PM »
It's so great when you use stereotypes to avoid argumentation, instead of actually considering the point I was making. McJ, how do you know that Ms England's pet in the picture a) treats his wife badly and b) is a Muslim? Do you think that since he's already in prison, he should somehow be punished because there are people whose morals and way of life you don't agree with?

i don't know.

but i do know that he was fighting for a country that held these beliefs.

now i would give you a negative karma, but i am nort so petty.  i still believe that you may make a point yet.
so i will reserve judgement.
Misunderstood.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2007, 05:58:02 PM »
Oh pleeeeze. In Iraq, after the invasion? You only had to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
i believe that scrap answered your statement.

btw-your statement reeks of generalizations without fact to support it.
exactly what you have been accusing others of.

personally, i believe that you have succumed to the propaganda machine more than the other POV.
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2007, 04:16:32 AM »
It's so great when you use stereotypes to avoid argumentation, instead of actually considering the point I was making. McJ, how do you know that Ms England's pet in the picture a) treats his wife badly and b) is a Muslim? Do you think that since he's already in prison, he should somehow be punished because there are people whose morals and way of life you don't agree with?

i don't know.

but i do know that he was fighting for a country that held these beliefs.

How do you know that? A large number of prisoners had done nothing, according to several human rights organizations.

And you didn't answer my question. What justifies him being treated like this? The Geneva convention is quite specific here.

now i would give you a negative karma, but i am nort so petty.  i still believe that you may make a point yet.
so i will reserve judgement.

Why, thank you. Do you think I'm petty since I gheyed you?

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2007, 04:30:02 AM »
her pet was a soldier.

no, not petty, just pretty ghry.
Misunderstood.