Author Topic: Industrial Society and Its Future  (Read 1574 times)

The_P

Re: Industrial Society and Its Future
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 12:25:27 PM »
so did he have aspergers?

Somehow I doubt it. He was probably an eccentric NT with too much time on his hands.

Scrapheap

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 12:30:10 PM »
so did he have aspergers?

Somehow I doubt it. He was probably an eccentric NT with too much time on his hands.

More likely he develped Schizophrenia.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 12:44:35 PM »
We're going to have to get a damn sight better at programming AI then. ...
Getting better at programming such isn't the main issue; rather, it is the raw power needed to run one sophisticated enough that's lacking. Which is an issue on its way to being solved, provided the pace of advancement isn't greatly disrupted. Also note that what you probably have in mind for such an AI is something more complex than I do. It wouldn't need to pass the turing test or otherwise appear particularly human - simply be good at the specific task which it would handle. It wouldn't be a ruling person; it would manage a carefully selected couple of persons ruling just beneath it - together forming the topmost, dictatorial segment of the government.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »
How exactly would it manage those couple people? Presumably, balance them out somehow if they disagreed, to prevent any one of them from taking complete power? How would it do this?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Litigious

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2007, 12:59:30 PM »
This is just the kind of stuff that he warns for in the manifesto. Has anyone here except myself actually read it thoroughly?

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2007, 01:03:45 PM »
This is just the kind of stuff that he warns for in the manifesto. Has anyone here except myself actually read it thoroughly?
Yep.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
How exactly would it manage those couple people? Presumably, balance them out somehow if they disagreed, to prevent any one of them from taking complete power? How would it do this?

Uhh Ohh, we're not getting into technocracy are we ??

Litigious

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »
Yep.

So what do you think?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »
And good luck finding a single person who has both the wisdom and authority to implement it properly, the power to maintain it, and a solid enough vision to know what are really merits and what are really flaws.

i believe that i could do it, just so long as i wasn't the frontman and the puppet listened to me.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2007, 08:30:28 PM »
We're going to have to get a damn sight better at programming AI then. Unless you know any helpful aliens?

WrongPlanet.org? :p
Yes plus one for this one. :LMAO:
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2007, 08:33:49 PM »
Leftism or Rightism would be just as bad.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2007, 05:41:01 AM »
And good luck finding a single person who has both the wisdom and authority to implement it properly, the power to maintain it, and a solid enough vision to know what are really merits and what are really flaws.

i believe that i could do it, just so long as i wasn't the frontman and the puppet listened to me.

But you make such a good frontman. Why wouldn't you want to be out front?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2007, 08:22:35 AM »

But you make such a good frontman. Why wouldn't you want to be out front?

because, due to my defensive mechanisms i usually sabbatoge myself....by blowing  it at the most inopportune times.
if i weren't forced to put on a show (be up front), i really believe that i could be more effective....long term.
Misunderstood.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2007, 09:31:34 AM »
If you weren't up front, what would you be freed up to do in the background?

duncvis

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 12:41:12 PM »
Oi fuckers, wrongplanet.org was my project, which was originally intended to perform a similar role to The Wronged, until Alex sunk it because it didn't fit in with his ideas.  >:(  :wanker: