Educational

Author Topic: Ask The_P summat.  (Read 9226 times)

The_P

Re: Ask The_P summat.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2007, 08:16:31 AM »
Good luck- I hope everything goes well- how long is the course?

One day a week for one or two years, depending on how well I do. And thanks for the wishes.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 08:44:26 AM »

One day a week for one or two years, depending on how well I do. And thanks for the wishes.

If you don't pass it within 2 years, do they kick you out and tell you that you're a hopeless retard who'd be lucky to get a job stuffing turkeys in a factory?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

The_P

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2007, 08:48:41 AM »

If you don't pass it within 2 years, do they kick you out and tell you that you're a hopeless retard who'd be lucky to get a job stuffing turkeys in a factory?

Probably that.

"I wrk in a turky phactorie!"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2007, 10:06:44 AM »
What sorts of things will you learn?  How to be a chef?

The_P

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »
What sorts of things will you learn?  How to be a chef?

Perhaps I could be the next Gordon Ramsay... Who'd think it?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 10:08:17 AM »
Do you already know how to cook?

The_P

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 10:08:53 AM »

I know basic stuff, like peeling your veg, putting things in the oven -- that kind of thing. I suppose you know that autistics can have difficulty with that stuff -- my mate can't even make a cup of tea.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:15:57 AM by The_P »

The_P

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 11:07:46 AM »
Yujiro Hanma -- the anime version of me.

Look at him in all his glory as he delivers the deathblow to Doppo Orochi's head:

The King vs. The Tiger Slayer. Great fight.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:18:41 AM by The_P »

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 11:08:30 AM »

I know basic stuff, like peeling your veg, putting things in the oven -- that kind of thing.

The only veg I peel are onions.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

The_P

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:37 AM »

I know basic stuff, like peeling your veg, putting things in the oven -- that kind of thing.

That's good to know. Am I supposed to be impressed?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »

No, you're supposed to question the point of peeling veg.  What's it meant to accomplish?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2007, 11:21:16 AM »

I know basic stuff, like peeling your veg, putting things in the oven -- that kind of thing. I suppose you know that autistics can have difficulty with that stuff -- my mate can't make a cup of tea.

Yes, I know.  I have trouble doing more than one thing at the same time.  If I try, sometimes I accidentally leave things out of the recipe or I forget the time and burn things.  I can peel carrots and potatoes, but I need a vegetable peeler to do it.  My mother could peel them with a paring knife, but I can't.  I never could learn how to make American biscuits, which I guess you might call a scone, even though my grandmother tried to teach me for a long time.  She did not use a recipe, which seemed very strange to me.

I have been working with my daughter teaching her how to cook some simple things in the microwave oven.  I think she could make a cup of tea, if she wanted to.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2007, 11:23:42 AM »

I know basic stuff, like peeling your veg, putting things in the oven -- that kind of thing. I suppose you know that autistics can have difficulty with that stuff -- my mate can't make a cup of tea.

Yes, I know.  I have trouble doing more than one thing at the same time.  If I try, sometimes I accidentally leave things out of the recipe or I forget the time and burn things.  I can peel carrots and potatoes, but I need a vegetable peeler to do it.  My mother could peel them with a paring knife, but I can't.  I never could learn how to make American biscuits, which I guess you might call a scone, even though my grandmother tried to teach me for a long time.  She did not use a recipe, which seemed very strange to me.

I have been working with my daughter teaching her how to cook some simple things in the microwave oven.  I think she could make a cup of tea, if she wanted to.

Be careful when boiling water in the microwave.  It can become superheated and explode when you disturb it.

The_P

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2007, 11:24:12 AM »

No, you're supposed to question the point of peeling veg.  What's it meant to accomplish?

A roast dinner, I hope.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »

A roast dinner, I hope.

Roast dinners taste better with unpeeled veg.