Educational

Author Topic: Happy St. George's day  (Read 2388 times)

Offline DivaD

• two-bit whore
  • Frequent Poster
  • nobody's nothing
Re: Happy St. George's day
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2006, 03:58:48 PM »
mind you, must have been a toss up between The Boy, and the Michael, eh?

but think of the consequences! :o

Happy
St.
Andrew's
Day!!!!
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

......let's just stick with the Boy ok? ;D
aspie trash. real intense talk. no wanky drama.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2006, 08:00:57 PM »
Happy St Georges Day? Oh fuck off, the guy was a wanker he should have gotten aids or lots of cancers simultaneously and died a horrible horrible painful death. If i had been around to meet the guy id have impailed the bastard.

Btw incase anyone hasnt guessed i like dragons, lizards etc.
If i was that dragon that fucker would have ended up kentucky fried.

I remember watching something a while back that was a simulation of the battle between st george and the dragon.......apparently he only slew the young, he then went back and was all smug because he thought he managed to kill the mother, which he did.........but she actually fell and landed on him, he got crushed. hahahahaha ;D

I like that version so much better.
Karma at its best.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2006, 08:25:12 PM »
I had a snake as a kid.   :)  It died.   :(  I've always been interested in exotic pets like that, and the terrarium was home to a frog for a while after the snake (captured from and released back to my garden), and then tropical fish.  I had ants, worms and a hamster too.  It would be nice to have fish again now that my dog's gone.  I could try woodlice too; I've liked them since I can remember.

I know bugger all about St. George except that he poked a dragon with a pointy stick until it fell over or something.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2006, 09:24:27 PM »
i love reptiles, i always had a fascination with them from early on.
When i was a baby i had a plastic crocodile because it was the only thing that i liked and that would calm me, my mum blamed watching the series V (the reptile people) whilst she was pregnant with me, then the first lot of re-runs when i was a baby. :D

I dabbled with the idea of getting a green iguana a while back but we decided we wouldnt have enough room for the size of vivarium i wanted. So I decided it was best not to get one because i felt it would be very unfair and cruel not to give it the necessary space needed, after all i wouldnt like to be stuck in a tiny space.

We still have a lovely little dog Milojka whos nearly 11 now :'( and what i refer to as my "door micey creatures" Loki and Smeagel, mum also keeps tropical fish.
We are very much animal/reptile people.

Insects however im not to happy about, i wouldnt kill them but i dont like them much either. I used to play with worms and catterpillars as a kid tho.

Yeah St George, the dragon did fall over.......right on top of him ;D

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2006, 11:34:42 PM »
mind you, must have been a toss up between The Boy, and the Michael, eh?

but think of the consequences! :o

Happy
St.
Andrew's
Day!!!!
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

......let's just stick with the Boy ok? ;D

christ.  i feel a fit of the vapours coming on...   :o

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2006, 07:15:03 AM »
i love reptiles, i always had a fascination with them from early on.
When i was a baby i had a plastic crocodile because it was the only thing that i liked and that would calm me, my mum blamed watching the series V (the reptile people) whilst she was pregnant with me, then the first lot of re-runs when i was a baby. :D

I had all sorts of plastic crocodiles, sharks, snakes and dinosaurs as a kid, of varying levels of realism.  I played with them a lot.

I dabbled with the idea of getting a green iguana a while back but we decided we wouldnt have enough room for the size of vivarium i wanted. So I decided it was best not to get one because i felt it would be very unfair and cruel not to give it the necessary space needed, after all i wouldnt like to be stuck in a tiny space.

Can't you let them roam about the house like a dog if they're big enough?  I'm sure I saw that in Terminator.  :P

We still have a lovely little dog Milojka whos nearly 11 now :'( and what i refer to as my "door micey creatures" Loki and Smeagel, mum also keeps tropical fish.
We are very much animal/reptile people.

Milojka's a strange name.  How did you come up with it?  Mine was called 'Scruffs'.

Insects however im not to happy about, i wouldnt kill them but i dont like them much either. I used to play with worms and catterpillars as a kid tho.

Worms bother me if they get injured.  I feel bad and get icked out if I cut one in half when I'm gardening, and drowned worms are horrible.  I used to hate it when it rained at school and all the worms would come out, since the other kids would stamp on them.  Healthy worms, ants and woodlice are great though.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2006, 09:11:04 AM »
Yep i loved my plastic croc etc.

You can let an iguana roam about however its not good to do all day because they need the UVB rays etc from the strip lights in their vivarium in order for their bones and skin to stay healthy, plus in order to keep the correct temperature of their body.

Milojka......well my brother wanted to call her Milo which is a germanic boys name or a dog from a stupid jim carrey movie called the mask lol so that was ruled out, we then went through a list of uni-sex and female names. Milojka came out, it has roots in Slovenia, Bosnia/Serbia. It apparently means Merciful.
We usually just call her Milo though as its shorter, unless shes naughty then she gets the full works of Milojka!. :angel:

Cute dog :) yeah our last dog was called Lucky more simple and quite a good name considering we rescued him from doggy death row.

Well my mums the gardener in our family, i bought a cherry blossom tree a couple of years ago and got her to plant it, she loves her garden, and the worms love our soil, especially round that tree. However mummy sometimes goes out in the rain to dig the soil erm.......so the birds can dig for worms and bugs.

Yeah i didnt like that a school either, ppl stamping on the worms, its as bad as people sticking slugs etc in jars of salt or whatever to kill them.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2006, 10:04:21 AM »
Well my mums the gardener in our family, i bought a cherry blossom tree a couple of years ago and got her to plant it, she loves her garden, and the worms love our soil, especially round that tree. However mummy sometimes goes out in the rain to dig the soil erm.......so the birds can dig for worms and bugs.

Yeah i didnt like that a school either, ppl stamping on the worms, its as bad as people sticking slugs etc in jars of salt or whatever to kill them.

There's a fox that digs for worms here.  It didn't used to come into the garden much when scruffs was around, but now it's taken to strolling about, and I think it might be eating all the slugs too, since there aren't that many any more, and we used to have armies of the buggers (maybe to do with the time of the year also).  There's still enough slugs that they get stepped on occassionally though, and then a bunch of other slugs will come along and eat the remains.

I saw a site about banana slugs eating each other's and their own penises after sex.  It had videos. :)

http://bio.research.ucsc.edu/grad/weaver/Pages/project.html

Just thought I'd share.   :P

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2006, 12:46:57 PM »
Yeah we have foxes here, that come regularly, i stick out food for them.
Its rather upsetting because the green belt they come from nearby is being developed. >:(

I also feed the hedgehog that visits our backyard also. Hedgehogs are funny. ;D

Yes thank you Peter for sharing the information on penis devouring slugs.
I dont like slugs i just think torturing them with salts sick. lol

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »
They may not like salt, but those slug fella's certainly like their beer

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2006, 03:07:13 PM »
Yeah we have foxes here, that come regularly, i stick out food for them.
Its rather upsetting because the green belt they come from nearby is being developed. >:(

There's a really nice strip of land near here that's being developed.   :(  It had lots of trees, raspberries, brambles and other stuff, and probably was home to a lot of animals.  I used to walk there a lot with scruffs.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2006, 06:15:58 PM »
Yep it sucks.
Id like to get my hands on some of these property developers.
READ YOUR PLANS WITH NO EYES FUCKERS!!!! CAN YOU SEE THE POUND SIGNS ROLLING BEFORE YOU NOW?  ;D

It is horrid though, i mean they always seem to prefer the nice bits with the lovely trees, little river nearby and the animals dens to build houses on.
Theyre actually developing on the same area that they weasled out from the zoo that was there, it got put into liquidation.......and what a coincidence a developing firm bought the land for building houses, showed their plans which were dated pre-liquidation, quite a few years before hand too. :-\

It caused quite a stink round here, because the man who had owned the zoo for years had kept it in prime condition and wanted it to continue that way if anything happened to him, but he died and the responsibility fell to someone else who basically had no intention of running a zoo so let it run itself into the ground for ages, volunteers even went in to try help but nope the new owner wanted it gone.

There was talk of how this arsehole actually made plans with the property developer from the beginning to offload the land. >:(

That kinda stuff just pisses me off, id rather bump off a few people, get the numbers down so they dont need to build more houses rather than build on a decent strip of land filled with animals. lol

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 06:35:11 PM »
The houses they build are horrible too; concrete boxes that dominate the landscape.  Would it really be so hard to build earth-sheltered homes that blend in with their surroundings and conserve land-surface and sunlight?  People are so unimaginative with their gardens also.    Mine is a haven for all sorts of creatures, but my neigbours are doing well if they have a small patch of lawn with a rose in the middle.

My garden as it was last summer:

I've reworked it this year, and mum stuck in a patio ( >:(), but on the whole it's been improved somewhat, with the addition of trees, a trellace for climbing fruit, a veritable orchard of blackcurrant and rasperry that's coming to maturity and more herbs.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 06:38:15 PM by PeterMacKenzie »

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2006, 08:14:49 PM »
Yeah i totally agree, and my neighbours are the same. Our gardens sort of minamilistic in a sense but we have some little trees, cherry blossoms, and lots of flowers and plants around the edges or both front and back gardens, we have lavender and strawberry plants but they grow like wildfire and they take over, so mum had to dig alot of them out. The vines on the strawberry plants are crazy.

Id never let mum build a patio, she wanted decking for a while and it was a case of..........NO itll take the emphasis away from my pretty little tree. Its a garden its not meant to be covered in wood!

Some cool plants, and mr or mrs bee. :)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2006, 11:00:11 PM »
when is anarcy day?

when does the revolution begin?
Misunderstood.