Author Topic: Just one quick bitch ...  (Read 249453 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Just one quick bitch ...
« Reply #18960 on: July 07, 2011, 04:56:16 AM »
^ewwwwwwwww  :zombiefuck:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #18961 on: July 07, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »
Have you ever used Moleskin on your blisters?

http://www.thewalkingsite.com/blisters.html

(Oops, forgot to reply, sorry)

Thanks for the link.. that's useful information. Don't think I've ever used Moleskin thought. When blisters occur, on e.g. the heel, I simply make sure the area is well clean, open it and be-tissue it for a while. Sometimes apply some ointment/something for dry skin when it's no longer a wound in order to keep the spot a bit.. um, moist.

Oh, and after leaving the house.. off my socks and shoes as soon as I get home again but that's an almost standard procedure here anyway. Blisters or (most) wounds heal the fastest when exposed to air is my experience.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:33:51 PM by lutra »
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline lutra

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • nosce te ipsum
« Reply #18962 on: July 07, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
I worked in the garden this afternoon. Put some new plants in the soil and replaced some others. Well, thing is, I used a spade to make new holes in the ground and I think I've overdone it two tads. Bugger, my right wrist is now hurting quite a bit.

I'm turning 41 y/o at next month's end and my body is starting to make clear that I'm not 20 y/o any more and should not go about things as reckless or a bit 'wild' like I did with the spade this afternoon. Oh, maybe must add.. that the wrist got hurt in two fights and some violent tantrums before.

(*ding dong.. please look before you leap, luut.. and take it easy dude.. )
Solum certum nihil esse certi et homine nihil miserius aut superbius.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18963 on: July 07, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
Bloody hell I'm tired. Why can't I go to sleep like normal people?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #18964 on: July 07, 2011, 03:13:17 PM »

Is the insomnia chronic, or just recent?  ???
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #18965 on: July 07, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
HOT today and worked in  the sun
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18966 on: July 07, 2011, 05:41:21 PM »

Maybe because you're Superman and don't know it?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18967 on: July 07, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »
I worked in the garden this afternoon. Put some new plants in the soil and replaced some others. Well, thing is, I used a spade to make new holes in the ground and I think I've overdone it two tads. Bugger, my right wrist is now hurting quite a bit.

I'm turning 41 y/o at next month's end and my body is starting to make clear that I'm not 20 y/o any more and should not go about things as reckless or a bit 'wild' like I did with the spade this afternoon. Oh, maybe must add.. that the wrist got hurt in two fights and some violent tantrums before.

Lutra, I just love older men, even if they're only 2/3 of my age.   :zombiefuck:

Osensitive1

« Reply #18968 on: July 07, 2011, 05:55:24 PM »
:)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18969 on: July 08, 2011, 09:09:39 AM »

Lutra, I just love older men, even if they're only 2/3 of my age.   :zombiefuck:

:2thumbsup:

Long live the Queen.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #18970 on: July 08, 2011, 10:09:46 AM »
I'm supposed to have vision insurance but the site locked me out because I couldn't remember the password, and said to call Member Services at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I called that number and got a recording saying "Your account could not be verified. Please contact customer services." Was that not what I just did? It did not provide another number to call. There is no other phone number on their website.

I took today off because my glasses are broken and I have to get new ones. I tried to get an eye test a year ago and was told that my insurance information could not be found in their database so I let it go. But now if I just show up at some random eyeglass place, will I get told I don't exist in the computer again? They never provided a card and I don't have a membership ID, except possibly my employee ID, but I don't know if that's the membership ID they use.

Ok, that wasn't quick.

Fuck I hate bureaucracy.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18971 on: July 08, 2011, 10:48:30 AM »
I'm supposed to have vision insurance but the site locked me out because I couldn't remember the password, and said to call Member Services at xxx-xxx-xxxx. I called that number and got a recording saying "Your account could not be verified. Please contact customer services." Was that not what I just did? It did not provide another number to call. There is no other phone number on their website.

I took today off because my glasses are broken and I have to get new ones. I tried to get an eye test a year ago and was told that my insurance information could not be found in their database so I let it go. But now if I just show up at some random eyeglass place, will I get told I don't exist in the computer again? They never provided a card and I don't have a membership ID, except possibly my employee ID, but I don't know if that's the membership ID they use.

Ok, that wasn't quick.

Fuck I hate bureaucracy.

Is there a number on the banking information about your payments to the insurance?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18972 on: July 08, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »

Ok, that wasn't quick.

Fuck I hate bureaucracy.

Contact your human resources/personnel department to get it straightened out.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18973 on: July 08, 2011, 01:51:14 PM »

Thanks for the link.. that's useful information. Don't think I've ever used Moleskin thought. When blisters occur, on e.g. the heel, I simply make sure the area is well clean, open it and be-tissue it for a while. Sometimes apply some ointment/something for dry skin when it's no longer a wound in order to keep the spot a bit.. um, moist.

Oh, and after leaving the house.. off my socks and shoes as soon as I get home again but that's an almost standard procedure here anyway. Blisters or (most) wounds heal the fastest when exposed to air is my experience.

I think you're better off not popping the blister unless you have to and not denuding the blister by removing the skin above it if you do pop it.

If you keep your socks dry, you're less likely to get a blister.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #18974 on: July 08, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »

I think you're better off not popping the blister unless you have to and not denuding the blister by removing the skin above it if you do pop it.

If you keep your socks dry, you're less likely to get a blister.

Taping feet on pressure points, right after buying new shoes may prevent blisters forming.

I'm prone to blisters in new shoes, but, taping the areas at risk with something like leukosilk or leukopor (brand names) does the preventing job really well.