Educational

Author Topic: Gas prices back under $2/Gallon in the US  (Read 5313 times)

purposefulinsanity

Re: Gas prices back under $2/Gallon in the US
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 07:50:48 AM »
Petit moi cheated with my powers? Are you sure that no-one else -ed you at the same time as I did? :angel:

Come on at least I was honest about smiting you.  :evillaugh:

Litigious

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 07:53:54 AM »
OK, I committed the dreadful crime of abusing my admin powers so that you got -2 instead of -1 and a well rounded 420 karma.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 07:54:48 AM »
That's ok, I like it when it hurts  :whip:

Litigious

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 07:57:39 AM »
Good girl.  8)

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 07:58:28 AM »
 :laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 08:13:27 AM »

And you cheated with your admin powers - naughty boy  :spank:
omfg.  are the emo recruits out in force.

PI, please don't tell me that they have gotten to you!
Misunderstood.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 10:24:55 AM »
Of course not- I was just using it as an excuse to spank him, If I was being emo about it I'd have stalked him round the board asking him over and over again why he did it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 12:53:23 PM »
Of course not- I was just using it as an excuse to spank him, If I was being emo about it I'd have stalked him round the board asking him over and over again why he did it.
i see.  :laugh:
Misunderstood.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 04:38:54 PM »

+ :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 04:40:20 PM »
I think this ethanol/hybride thing is just a great bogus. Why do they blame ordinary people? The governments and great corporations have known this for a very long time, much longer than the public. They're not complete idiots. But now the environmentalist mafia has set pressure on them, so they have to do something, and of course it's the little man who is going to pay for it.

What ethanol/hybrid thing? ???
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 04:43:24 PM »
I think this ethanol/hybride thing is just a great bogus. Why do they blame ordinary people? The governments and great corporations have known this for a very long time, much longer than the public. They're not complete idiots. But now the environmentalist mafia has set pressure on them, so they have to do something, and of course it's the little man who is going to pay for it.

I mean that ethanol (E85) is a bogus and that hybride cars are bogus as well.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2007, 04:48:18 PM »

I mean that ethanol (E85) is a bogus and that hybride cars are bogus as well.

What's bogus about them? Like it or not, you'd better get used to them. The planet's going to hell but I wouldn't mind if it took a while longer.

Have you tried a Prius? It's pretty amazing how far you get with a few litres...

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »
What's bogus about them? Like it or not, you'd better get used to them. The planet's going to hell but I wouldn't mind if it took a while longer.

It also takes energy to make ethanol and hybride cars. It's called the priciple of enthropy. And the oil companies and governments don't seem very interested in the environment anyway, since they raise the price of ethanol.

Quote from: odeon
Have you tried a Prius? It's pretty amazing how far you get with a few litres...

I will never like cars that go on anything else than gasoline. Might be an AS thing or just stubbornness.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 03:57:50 AM »

It also takes energy to make ethanol and hybride cars. It's called the priciple of enthropy. And the oil companies and governments don't seem very interested in the environment anyway, since they raise the price of ethanol.

Yes, of course, I know about entropy, but the point is to move away from oil dependence because no matter how you see it, that dependence is destroying the planet.

I will never like cars that go on anything else than gasoline. Might be an AS thing or just stubbornness.

Or both. :P

You don't have to like it, but you do have to get used to it.

- Albert Einstein

Litigious

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 04:16:22 AM »
Yes, of course, I know about entropy, but the point is to move away from oil dependence because no matter how you see it, that dependence is destroying the planet.

OK, I can't afford to buy a hybride car or a car that works on ethanol only, for the moment, but I could drive on 20% E85 and 80% 95 octane gasoline, which would help the environment at least a bit, but I won't do it unless they lower the price on E85, so that it also becomes economically reasonable to drive on 20% E85.

You don't have to like it, but you do have to get used to it.

:'(