Educational

Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 107251 times)

duncvis

Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #1365 on: August 16, 2007, 02:45:37 PM »
mixed EBM playlist - Gothminister, Grendel, Haujobb, Destroid, God module, :wumpscut: etc etc :dance:

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1366 on: August 16, 2007, 08:34:08 PM »
Kalmah - Heros to Us

Starting to wonder what is with Kalmah's lyrical fixation on the waltz, probably some kind of metaphor.   Whatever the guitar melodies in this song rule.   Keyboards are pretty nice too.   The guitar solo is nice and tasteful for a melodic death metal band (usually they are over the top like Children of Bodom).   

Been listening to a good deal of Arcturus lately too.   Mostly listening to Aspera Hiems Syfonia and La Masquerade Infernale.
:P   Internets are super serious.

duncvis

« Reply #1367 on: August 16, 2007, 08:37:29 PM »
Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1368 on: August 16, 2007, 11:57:21 PM »

Mountain, Nantucket Sleighride

:stoned:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1369 on: August 16, 2007, 11:59:43 PM »

Gonna have to gank my dad's Mountain CDs.   Just like I did with his Zeppelin boxed set.   Onto the iPod they go.   The big dude from Mountain had some good licks.   Did you read about when he had Eddie Van Halen on stage playing with him?   He almost shit his pants at how much Eddie knew all of his stuff.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1370 on: August 17, 2007, 12:18:10 AM »

Gonna have to gank my dad's Mountain CDs.   Just like I did with his Zeppelin boxed set.   Onto the iPod they go.   The big dude from Mountain had some good licks.   Did you read about when he had Eddie Van Halen on stage playing with him?   He almost shit his pants at how much Eddie knew all of his stuff.

Leslie West. Lots of people copied all his licks! Definitely scrounge all you dad's Mountain into the iPod. You should rip it into the computer as well, more as a back up. Unless you're out of drive space or something, taking the time to rip CDs, they should always be backed up.

Do you use EAC to rip? It supposedly creates bit perfect copies of the music in wav format and then you can quickly convert it to Flac, MP3 or whatever you need. Bit perfect is something most rippers can't claim.

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #1371 on: August 17, 2007, 12:28:04 AM »
Everything on the iPod is on my H: drive (I have 3 hard drives).   So yeah it is all backed up.   I might look into EAC, currently I use iTunes because I don't care with the CDs I own (forget my iPod and use the actual CD a good deal).  I have 2 CD books, one carries 40 CDs and the other 80.   I torrent most discographies and buy my favourite CDs from that band (usually live w/ DVDs for videos).   My iPod is basically car mostly, with some usage when I do household chore stuff.   Otherwise my 5.1 stereo or PC plays everything (PC has 5.1 and 5 speakers as well woot).   

I used to have over 500 CDs when me and my friends had a metal zine (was distributed by Nuclear Blast and other labels).  It was called "The Blasphemer" actually and I went by Lord Mangled.   Wrote CD reviews and a strip club review column.    We got free shit and I kept a good deal of it.   My parents found it when I went to drug rehab the second time and much of it was destroyed along with artwork and whatever metal shirts they could find (still have a few).   My brother kept about 30 of my old CDs, but the big box full of record label demos is gone.   That is the greatest travesty.   Anything with a pentagram or any perceived Satanic song title disappeared.

duncvis

« Reply #1372 on: August 17, 2007, 04:51:37 AM »
:wumpscut: - Wreath Of Barbs

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1373 on: August 17, 2007, 05:20:48 AM »
Travesty is not even the word for that. It's fucking pathetic, really. Sorry you had to go through that. Losing a decent collection of rare demos, along with your artwork, has got to hurt.
I don't mean to be harsh, but it sounds more like someone was NOT taking responsibility for their own guilt and trying to blame "Satan" for your problems. At the same time, though, they were probably doing the only thing they could think of, in their Christian minds, to help you. They sound like staunch fundaMENTALists to me. I don't mean to dis' them, though. They are your parents, after all, and outside of not understanding you very well, I'm reasonably sure that they felt they were doing their best for you.

Strip club reviews, eh? Cool, I'll bet your pre-presstime research was never too much of a bother to you.
 :evillaugh:

I have been ripping and gathering music for about eight years, hot 'n heavy and the quantity I have seems insane. I have about one fifth downloaded from net sources and a tiny portion of that was legally purchased. The rest is all ripped by either me from my collection and the library or shared rips from friends. All my rips are saved at very high bitrates, Wav or Flac lossless. I only have one friend that I have shared everything with, but he has lots more money than I do. He gets lots more new stuff than I do, too. I have talents he does not posses, though and so I can balance the scale in other ways.

Right now, Cream, random playlist.

The_P

« Reply #1374 on: August 17, 2007, 08:22:07 AM »
Challenge - Final Fantasy X

(The Yunalesca and Seymour Flux theme. It rocks.)

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1375 on: August 17, 2007, 09:17:17 AM »

Home alone and rockin' out!

Hendrix, Live in Paris (this is Paris)

duncvis

« Reply #1376 on: August 17, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
more :wumpscut: - Embryodead

duncvis

« Reply #1377 on: August 17, 2007, 11:52:41 AM »
Das Ich - Lava (Glut) :bat:

The_P

« Reply #1378 on: August 17, 2007, 01:00:06 PM »
Seymour Omnis - Final Fantasy X

duncvis

« Reply #1379 on: August 17, 2007, 02:32:05 PM »
VNV Nation - Forsaken