Author Topic: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!  (Read 108975 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Re: Stay the fuck out of my music thread!
« Reply #5445 on: January 30, 2009, 05:20:21 PM »
Or to quote some other guy:

Johnny Cash was BRAVE.  ;)
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5446 on: January 30, 2009, 05:37:39 PM »
DEVO --Jocko Homo

"Are we not men? We are DEVO!"

DEVO are the BRAVE!
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5447 on: January 30, 2009, 05:41:15 PM »
Pere Ubu--The Modern Dance  :dance:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5448 on: January 30, 2009, 05:45:10 PM »
Dead Boys--Sonic Reducer  :headbang2:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5449 on: January 30, 2009, 05:47:45 PM »
Roky Erickson--Two-Headed Dog  :asthing:

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5450 on: January 30, 2009, 05:56:26 PM »
John Martyn (RIP)--Spencer the Rover. Awe--FUCKING-some.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #5451 on: January 30, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »
John Martyn--Solid Air. Dedicated to Nick Drake.

duncvis

« Reply #5452 on: January 30, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »
Maybeshewill - Not For Want Of Trying

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #5453 on: January 30, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »

Johnny Cash was ace. I have the last album he made on this earth. It's a beautiful thing. And yours is a beautiful story that adds another star to his skyscape..

Don't take this wrong dawg, but I swear to the god i no longer believe in that if you don't AT LEAST write down these stories from the road--so they're preserved in some archival form--before you die, I will personally come up there to Heaven and dog your heels until you do.  same applies to the other places: H-ll, Valhalla, the Over-the-Clouds place, etc.

Well, 'drew, thanks, but I've posted, a bit too much possibly, about my attempts to publish one of my books and the frustrations I have met with in attempting to do so. I should mention how taking much of the soul out of my work to make it "legal"  has caused me to almost completely lose interest in the project. I have written what I think is a clever book, using many detailed, real life accounts, complete with extensive photographic study of my eighteen years in the music industry. I used the analogy of a Thanksgiving Feast as a chaptering structure, with each entree representing a set events. It is chronological, mostly, but following how I made some fun-times congruent to Turkey and others congruent to Pie or Butter or Dressing necessitates some jumping around in time to support the premise. I am particularly proud of my "hard documentary style"  footnoting and indexing strategy and how extensively I have the work cross-referenced with itself, which offsets much of my "colorful," right-word-is-worth-a-thousand-pictures  descriptive style.

I have also kept a file of "Cease and Desist Orders" from various courts around the country, explaining that I do not have (and will never be granted) permission to "use likenesses" of certain parties, whether "in photographic representation or descriptive written form" without facing legal consequences.
 :hahaha:
(me)(life)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:01:53 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5454 on: January 31, 2009, 06:07:21 PM »
Tangerine Dream - Cloudburst Flight
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5455 on: January 31, 2009, 06:57:58 PM »
Grateful Dead - Dire Wolf

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5456 on: February 01, 2009, 06:09:22 PM »

Giuseppe via random playlist, via wireless headphones via ass down, feet up, mind off  ... in front of the tube with the kids dooing SPAZZ gymnastics in the living room floor.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #5457 on: February 02, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »
Thomas Dolby - Hyperactive

George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5458 on: February 03, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »
I'm am listening to Giuseppe right now. Shaking the floor ilove it. I miss him I wish i could be with hi now, but my kids are due home in an hout i miss my old life when it hurts to be me

My computer had gone into ""Standby mode"", but a massive BASS wave moved the mouse enough to wake it up and I saw Schleeeeeed'sdick and postinged.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:32:33 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #5459 on: February 04, 2009, 03:29:47 PM »
Cocteau Twins
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein