Author Topic: Is this forum anti-Intensity?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Is this forum anti-Intensity?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 11:26:23 PM »
meh

Scrapheap

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 01:14:26 AM »

And what about the admins not 'outing' cowards guest posters?

I posted I was leaving at 12:40. You replied at 12:40;54. You're sitting here 2 hours later calling me a coward (behind my back since that was my "final post")

If you think I'm a coward, then thinking isn't your forte. The next time you have a thought........just let it go..

I'd punch you, but shit splatters.  :finger: :finger: :finger:

Scrapheap

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 01:17:50 AM »
I agree that it's cowardly for people who are already members to post here. I like the idea of keeping it for the people who want to try out the site without registering, but the admins should be able to out the cowards who say things they don't want to put their name too.

Interesting how many people start throwing out the term "Coward" when my back is turned. I see alot of this shit and It's why this site is getting stale.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 01:29:32 AM »
I think this forum is harmless, as long as its rules dont spread to others.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 02:02:49 AM »
I'd go with PI's #3 suggestion as well. I don't really like how members use this forum to post anonymously. I don't think it's cowardly, exactly, but it's not particularly intense either.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

I\'m not Scrapheap

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 02:05:35 AM »
One last thought before I sign off for a while. There's a lot of bithcing about "emoness" "cowardice" "boring"and "Hiding your Identity" (ahem coughcallaway) One thing you realize after many years......

YOU ARE WHAT YOU HATE!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 02:08:57 AM »
If that's not trying to get the last word, then I don't know what is. ::)

Cowardly, if you ask me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Scrapheap

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 02:13:55 AM »

Cowardly, if you ask me.

No, Again thinking isn't your forte. I'll respond when I get back. I just don't like shit being said BEHIND my back.

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 03:23:17 AM »

And what about the admins not 'outing' cowards guest posters?

I posted I was leaving at 12:40. You replied at 12:40;54. You're sitting here 2 hours later calling me a coward (behind my back since that was my "final post")

If you think I'm a coward, then thinking isn't your forte. The next time you have a thought........just let it go..

I'd punch you, but shit splatters.  :finger: :finger: :finger:

Actually I had already stated my opinion on this forum earlier in the day, this was a thread that came about after hearing other people's opinions on it because I wondered what everyone else thought.  So I didn't say anything behind your back.  My opinion on this forum is one I have had and stated since it was first set up so don't assume that I waited till the coast was clear to post about it ::)
  Besides I'd hardly say that most of the guests posts you made were of cowardly shit-stirring variety, most of the them came across as lame-ass jokes to me and other one's you've made about site direction are the ones that belonged in here and actually started some serious discussion.    I have to wonder though what was going through your head when you made guest posts though for you to assume I was singling you out to call a coward.

I was sincere in my post I made on the away/back thread- I hope you come back soon when your bout of male PMS has passsed :finger:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 07:26:40 AM by purposefulinsanity »

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 03:25:40 AM »
One last thought before I sign off for a while. There's a lot of bithcing about "emoness" "cowardice" "boring"and "Hiding your Identity" (ahem coughcallaway) One thing you realize after many years......

YOU ARE WHAT YOU HATE!

Funny how one of the posts you made in this forum was about treading on eggshells on Intensity, yet you slag us for the same thing. 

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2007, 03:40:46 AM »
Something I want to adress is that I think that intensity being a place where you are free to say what you want, but you have to back up your words was a poorly worded attempt at saying that you are free to say what you want, but you had better be preprepared to hear people excersizing their right to call you an idiot if you say something stupid, that they have a problem with, and you can't defend your idea for shit.  Not that that is very eloquent itself, but saying you had better be prepared to back up your words is misleading.  I don't have to back up my words.  Nobody here has to back up their words.  You need to back up your arguments if you don't want people thinking you're an idiot(like happeh), but you are free to spout nonsense constantly if you damn well please(like flo).

I think the spirit of intensity is not curtailing the flow of thought and opinion with bannings and censorship.  The essence of intensity is to be allowed to say what you are thinking, not be forced to.  Cowardly or not, if people don't want others to know that it is them who is doing some bit of thinking, it isn't violating the spirit of intensity.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

duncvis

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 04:00:53 AM »
Fuck me.  ::)

Have a going away present Scrap - I thought it might help you get that sand out of your mangina while you're away.   :eyebrows:

I thought you were bigger than this shit, sulky chops. :shitfan:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2007, 04:05:34 AM »
Something I want to adress is that I think that intensity being a place where you are free to say what you want, but you have to back up your words was a poorly worded attempt at saying that you are free to say what you want, but you had better be preprepared to hear people excersizing their right to call you an idiot if you say something stupid, that they have a problem with, and you can't defend your idea for shit.  Not that that is very eloquent itself, but saying you had better be prepared to back up your words is misleading.  I don't have to back up my words.  Nobody here has to back up their words.  You need to back up your arguments if you don't want people thinking you're an idiot(like happeh), but you are free to spout nonsense constantly if you damn well please(like flo).

I think the spirit of intensity is not curtailing the flow of thought and opinion with bannings and censorship.  The essence of intensity is to be allowed to say what you are thinking, not be forced to.  Cowardly or not, if people don't want others to know that it is them who is doing some bit of thinking, it isn't violating the spirit of intensity.

Some interesting points nomaken, but shouldn't the members of Intensity actually get a say about the existence of a forum that allows guest posts?  It was an idea that was suggested and the admins just ran with it, whilst I'm not saying they can't do so, members also have the right to voice their disapproval (for example, how peaguy did about Flo's forum).

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2007, 07:23:20 AM »

Cowardly, if you ask me.

No, Again thinking isn't your forte. I'll respond when I get back. I just don't like shit being said BEHIND my back.

How can it be behind your back when you returned to reply? Fool.

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »
i will ask him that question tomorrow, when we get together for lunch and a cock-tail.
Misunderstood.