Educational

Author Topic: The Latest Global Warming Report  (Read 606 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: The Latest Global Warming Report
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »
Does Florida getting kicked around by a tornado in winter belong in this thread? I know it happens at any time during the year, but the severity of this latest outbreak seems unusual.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2007, 01:46:05 PM »
Does Florida getting kicked around by a tornado in winter belong in this thread? I know it happens at any time during the year, but the severity of this latest outbreak seems unusual.

I think it's a re-el nino or something, supposedly.

I probably should watch "An inconvenient truth" but I can't seem to bring myself to add more anxiety to me life right now.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Lurk Hurk Gurk

• Super-Duper Rationalist Crackpot Mystic of the Aspie Elite
  • Postwhore
  • Lhrxiag Trhe (hvng: rbt13)
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 02:21:34 PM »
My thoughts about the threat of a major global warming disaster can be summarized as follows: Neat. Hopefully, all of this will give humanity a firm kick in the arse. The harder, the better. Now, within my lifetime, things will hopefully stay pretty decent. I'd not at all mind humanity frying once past my time, however. It should either improve - vastly - or face extinction, and this will be another little push for humanity towards such a fork in the road. As far as the world is concerned, I'm not really that emotionally attached to it. Disasters have occured before. Where mass-extinction will occur, suffering will be limited and short. Meh.

Mwehehehehe!

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2007, 05:51:29 PM »
my feelings as well Fluffed One. :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 05:53:38 PM by Milla Bobilla Banana Boink »
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Diesel

• Log splitting aspie elitist
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Oblivitard
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2007, 08:51:38 AM »
My thoughts about the threat of a major global warming disaster can be summarized as follows: Neat. Hopefully, all of this will give humanity a firm kick in the arse. The harder, the better. Now, within my lifetime, things will hopefully stay pretty decent. I'd not at all mind humanity frying once past my time, however. It should either improve - vastly - or face extinction, and this will be another little push for humanity towards such a fork in the road. As far as the world is concerned, I'm not really that emotionally attached to it. Disasters have occured before. Where mass-extinction will occur, suffering will be limited and short. Meh.

Mwehehehehe!

Thats how I feel about it.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 12:30:45 AM »
the three of you need to have kids so you can get a kick in the gut.
Misunderstood.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 01:02:57 AM »
Single events are not indicative of a global climate trend.  Trust me, I'm a meteorologist, or at least I will be in may I am when I get my degree. :book:

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 01:07:05 AM »
We aren't reacting to just this event, we are reacting to the many unusual weather events that have been happening during the last decade.  Plus the hysteria, we're reacting to that too.  It is fun.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 01:20:38 AM »
how long does it take for the ice thingies to melt and there to be flooding and stuff?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 01:24:37 AM »
how long does it take for the ice thingies to melt and there to be flooding and stuff?
The sea has already risen in the past century:

Most experts think it will only increase for this century.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2007, 01:35:09 AM »
why do they say for this century only? ???

say that we were all to live for a thousand years thanks to Aubrey de Grey's awesome youthifying machines, would we witness all the nice things the scientists are promising for the planet? the flooding, seas boiling, i don't actually remember what i've read is going to happen.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2007, 01:45:06 AM »
Dont forget locusts.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Litigious

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2007, 01:45:25 AM »

Mwehehehehe!

+ Fluff!  8)