Author Topic: What's in the mail today?  (Read 5746 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: What's in the mail today?
« Reply #345 on: April 22, 2023, 10:29:10 PM »
Five rainbow infinity pins. My friend makes them as an autism pride symbol, and had sent me one. The cub immediately adopted it for his bulldozer shirt because it looks like the "everything" boost in Mario Kart and he wanted his bulldozer to be a kart.

Cue tantrum when we lost it.

My kind friend is attempting to ensure there is no repeat of the tantrum because I will have plenty on hand. Only problem is the cub was there when the package arrived, and I dropped it and all five spilled out, so he saw how many extras there were.

Now his bulldozer has five boosts all at the same time.  :zombiefuck:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #346 on: April 23, 2023, 06:00:07 AM »
A speeding fine. :zoinks:
I'm shocked!
So was I, the camera was across the road behind me and up a hill! Very sneaky.

$200 fine and two demerit points. Booo, haven't gotten demerit points before. :(
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #347 on: April 23, 2023, 05:12:20 PM »
^ That stinks!

I often drift through a stale yellow traffic signal and wonder if my picture was taken. That would be a no brainer.
It feels like a speeding fine is a bit outside the ability to prove, unless they have multiple images and/or mounted radar/laser speed sensors.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #348 on: April 23, 2023, 05:26:44 PM »
Some seasonings for Sugarbutt I always have to order because they just don't sell it in the stores around here.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #349 on: April 23, 2023, 06:25:01 PM »
Yesterday I got my bidder packet with my number for a big farm auction I am going to in three weeks
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #350 on: April 28, 2023, 02:42:07 PM »
I'm shocked!

$200 fine and two demerit points. Booo, haven't gotten demerit points before. :(

We don't get those. How does it work? Do they reset after some specified time period?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #351 on: April 28, 2023, 11:01:00 PM »
I'm shocked!

We don't get those. How does it work? Do they reset after some specified time period?
There are 12 points in total. If you get all 12, you lose your driver's licence for a year (I think). Points are reset to zero after 5 years (again I think). I think Charlotte would know more than I do. Not that she's a speeder, I just think she just knows more about this sort of thing in general. And also, she lives in a different state to me so it may be different there.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #352 on: May 05, 2023, 02:09:04 PM »
Thank goodness we don't get those.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #353 on: May 05, 2023, 06:04:51 PM »

People's driving rights and the cost of their car insurance aren't affected by their driving record? There's a point system here too, or at least something along that lines, but I have no clue what a person has to do to get their license revoked, except for driving drunk or something. I've had one ticket since I moved here but I had the option to take an online course to avoid the points on my driving record. I opted to do that because otherwise my insurance would have gone up.  :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #354 on: May 05, 2023, 10:01:13 PM »
The only way I know of that the cost of car insurance is raised is if you get into a car crash that's your fault. Because your insurance has to pay to fix not only your car but all the other cars that got damage.

I suppose if you lost your licence and then got more insurance after the year is up, your premiums would be higher.

The main car bill is for registration, that's a stinker because it costs so much.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #355 on: May 06, 2023, 10:01:09 PM »
Got a Gamegly game and my son's school suspension report I have to sign and some referral paper for me to call to leave some information for my son to make an appointment for him to go to a developmental place for testing and something about dental insurance for my daughter.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #356 on: May 09, 2023, 12:07:35 AM »
A pamphlet from a real estate agent about selling our house. I guess they don't know we rent.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #357 on: May 09, 2023, 09:13:50 PM »
The electricity bill. Not as high as the last one.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #358 on: May 09, 2023, 09:45:35 PM »
A pamphlet from a real estate agent about selling our house. I guess they don't know we rent.

I think those people must buy mailing lists or something.

I still get offers to sell our old house. I tell them to drive by, inspect the place and make me a real offer.

That house no longer exists! I saw them tear it into shreds with a huge excavator and haul it away in a fleet of dumptrucks.
We're done there!
 :heisenberg:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #359 on: May 12, 2023, 03:52:53 PM »

People's driving rights and the cost of their car insurance aren't affected by their driving record? There's a point system here too, or at least something along that lines, but I have no clue what a person has to do to get their license revoked, except for driving drunk or something. I've had one ticket since I moved here but I had the option to take an online course to avoid the points on my driving record. I opted to do that because otherwise my insurance would have gone up.  :dunno:

People's insurance costs are affected by how they drive (well, what they hit and why).

- Albert Einstein