Author Topic: Anti COVID Vaccine and Passport Mandate March  (Read 2388 times)

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
Re: Anti COVID Vaccine and Passport Mandate March
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2021, 11:23:12 AM »
Anti-vaxxers in a nutshell:

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2021, 02:21:51 PM »

Here's the screwy thing about the vaccines (or natural immunity) - they still allow for lower level infections, which are sometimes perfect breeding grounds for more mutations, as the evolutionary pressures are heightened. A virus in a non-protected person has no such pressures and can live on...

No.  This is 100% complete and utter bullshit and underscores what I've been trying to say.   In the time it took you to type out the pile of bollocks above, you could have instead spent that time fact checking yourself and in 30 seconds found that what you were about to type wasn't true.

This is just anti-vax fake science meme of the week.

I'll find you a fact check on it (there are many) because I know you won't bother to look yourself.

SARS-CoV-2 variants are not caused by vaccines and numerous Variants of Concern (VOC) were detected prior to mass rollouts of vaccines, despite suggestions to the contrary online.

The above quotes a CDC paper:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/scientific-brief-emerging-variants.html

You're answering the wrong question. Mutations will happen regardless (see my response to Odeon). They are only more likely to be selected for evading immunity if immunity is present. My wording is a bit of a shortcut, which often seems to confuse people.

Not that there's a damned thing that can be done about it. If people don't get vaccinated, natural immunity will generate the same conditions.

This is no 'meme'. This is based on knowledge of natural selection under environmental pressure.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2021, 02:24:00 PM »

Nope. I am deliberately pointing out what you won't answer - why you can't admit a mistake.

Intellectual dishonesty.

Which you are so completely invested in that you play every game you can to continue down the path.

This is far more concerning than your stance on vaccines. It speaks to your character and intransigence - not just whether you are deluded about evidence or some conspiracy theorist. It says you have a mind closed to further evidence, and are essentially no longer a rational being.

What specific thing do you want me to answer?  Type it out and I will reply.

But circling back, you think vaccines are wrong because companies charge money for them?   Astrazenica is a non-profit.  Take that one.

1. Could you point out where I specifically said that?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2021, 09:11:48 AM »
Sorry, Calandale, but you're wrong again. Evolutionary pressure can change the mutation rate. Google is your friend.

As for the rest, I guess you should read my earlier reply again, and 4AD's, for that matter. He provided links where I just can't be arsed.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2021, 10:22:28 AM »

Here's the screwy thing about the vaccines (or natural immunity) - they still allow for lower level infections, which are sometimes perfect breeding grounds for more mutations, as the evolutionary pressures are heightened. A virus in a non-protected person has no such pressures and can live on...

No.  This is 100% complete and utter bullshit and underscores what I've been trying to say.   In the time it took you to type out the pile of bollocks above, you could have instead spent that time fact checking yourself and in 30 seconds found that what you were about to type wasn't true.

This is just anti-vax fake science meme of the week.

I'll find you a fact check on it (there are many) because I know you won't bother to look yourself.

SARS-CoV-2 variants are not caused by vaccines and numerous Variants of Concern (VOC) were detected prior to mass rollouts of vaccines, despite suggestions to the contrary online.

The above quotes a CDC paper:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/scientific-brief-emerging-variants.html

You're answering the wrong question. Mutations will happen regardless (see my response to Odeon). They are only more likely to be selected for evading immunity if immunity is present. My wording is a bit of a shortcut, which often seems to confuse people.

Not that there's a damned thing that can be done about it. If people don't get vaccinated, natural immunity will generate the same conditions.

This is no 'meme'. This is based on knowledge of natural selection under environmental pressure.

That is quite literally what is answered in the CDC paper and article. 
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
Doesn't look like he bothered to read the replies, tbh. He wrote:

Mutations will happen regardless (see my response to Odeon)

Before that I wrote:

A mutation is an error in DNA replication and will occur regardless.

Or maybe it's the one thing he did read but then made his own. Doesn't matter if the rest if what it is. /shrugs
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2021, 02:29:49 PM »
I got my booster. Where is my sheep clothing? :zoinks:

On the plus side, this will end either way. Omnicron is already shown to be less serious than other mutations (still doesn't mean we shouldn't worry however).

Likely it will die down to a lesser mutation, to the point that these vaccinations will become a yearly thing like the flu jab. There is already normal medication currently being developed to combat it too.

Shit like this will become a thing of the past.

I think we all can agree on that, yeah?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2021, 04:04:33 PM »
Doesn't look like he bothered to read the replies, tbh. He wrote:

Mutations will happen regardless (see my response to Odeon)

Before that I wrote:

A mutation is an error in DNA replication and will occur regardless.

Or maybe it's the one thing he did read but then made his own. Doesn't matter if the rest if what it is. /shrugs

It's called agreeing. What I did in my prior post, and why I referred to it.

The weird thing about people's entrenchments is that they don't even take agreement without getting their hackles up, if the PERCEIVE
that someone is aligned differently.

Which is precisely what furthers those entrenchments. Fucking cycle.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2021, 04:07:43 PM »
I got my booster. Where is my sheep clothing? :zoinks:

On the plus side, this will end either way. Omnicron is already shown to be less serious than other mutations (still doesn't mean we shouldn't worry however).

Likely it will die down to a lesser mutation, to the point that these vaccinations will become a yearly thing like the flu jab. There is already normal medication currently being developed to combat it too.

Shit like this will become a thing of the past.

I think we all can agree on that, yeah?

Depends on what you mean by 'end'. The flu didn't end. And I really doubt most people get shots for it.

If you mean 'go back to normal' yeah. Probably could now if we held people to their choices, and didn't prioritize those who've made poor choices.

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2021, 04:14:48 PM »
Sorry, Calandale, but you're wrong again. Evolutionary pressure can change the mutation rate. Google is your friend.

As for the rest, I guess you should read my earlier reply again, and 4AD's, for that matter. He provided links where I just can't be arsed.

You're putting words in my mouth (as was done with Eclaire). I NEVER stated there was no change in the rate.
4AD's links also did not address a damned thing about why mutations evade defenses - which is fucking elementary genetic selection.
I doubt you'd find research that deals with this in over a century. And that was the only thing I was talking about.

There ain't a thing we can do about it either. No vax? Post-infection immunity will cause the same circumstances.

We're all talking past one another here. You (and 4AD) are objecting to shit I never claimed, based upon your own preconceptions.
Although it's harder to tell with you - but what you said doesn't make a bit of sense in context, so you might just be an idiot.
I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that it's your laziness and tribal affiliation here at play.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 06:42:17 PM by Calandale »

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2021, 07:32:43 PM »
  Years after the attempted coup.  Some things never change.    ::)
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2021, 04:47:59 AM »
Lol - the coup was successful. Democracy here was overthrown.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2021, 04:57:44 AM »
This is why I can't be fucked with the Vaxxers anymore.  They make statement.  You show them the evidence that disproves it.  It makes no fucking difference to them.  The evidence doesn't say what you said it says or you didn't understand what they said in the first place.

But whatever Calandale.  The World's combined science and medicine can't compete with what you yourself have worked out.  Write what you know on some paper and send it to the Nobel Prize committee.  Your award awaits.
Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2021, 08:19:00 AM »
"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts........for support rather than illumination."   --Andrew Lang 1849-1912
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2021, 08:50:19 AM »
You're putting words in my mouth (as was done with Eclaire). I NEVER stated there was no change in the rate.

Here you go:

Evolutionary pressures don't change mutation rates.

You're welcome.

- Albert Einstein