Educational

Author Topic: Funny Women  (Read 227 times)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
Funny Women
« on: December 02, 2021, 03:19:43 PM »
As in genuinely funny - which famous women do you consider funny? I think Sandi Toksvig is because she is cool/laid back, witty and can do sarcasm.

Wendi McLendon-Covey is awesome as Beverly Goldberg. I love her character. She acts the role of an overly fussy mother out perfectly, and she's really funny. She's an awesome actress. I like her phrase as Beverly, "I have FAILED as a mother!" and her little made-up stories she says to put her children off.

Dawn French was pretty funny when she was active.

Katherine Ryan isn't bad funnywise, I saw her IRL. I think she tried to make conversation with me, but I wasn't sure. I saw her in a park with her friend, realized it was her and she gave me a, "Oh god, another fan" look but in a friendly smiley way as if she was going to talk to me anyway (Bending forward towards me, mouth open), I moved away and her friend smiled at me I think for doing so. They had about 10 small dogs. I asked the man at the stall if the vegan chocolate cake contained coconut oil, and KR and her friend, sitting on the bench next to it, started talking about coconut oil. She's actually very nice, her persona she puts on TV is that she doesn't care and doesn't like people. You can see clues of her politeness in the episode of Travel Man with her and Richard Ayoade in it. I'm glad the celebrities I've encountered IRL have always been very polite to me.
:dog:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
Re: Funny Women
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 07:51:34 PM »
I'm having trouble thinking of anyone famous I consider genuinely funny. That's probably because the only exposure I get to famous people is seeing them perform, so if they're an actor being funny then it's probably some writer who is actually funny. I often find stand up comics funny, but that's their job to be funny. :dunno:
:gopher:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 08:15:50 PM »
"Kitty Flanagan is an Australian comedian, writer and actress living in Sydney who works in Australia and the United Kingdom."

I didn't know that she's 53. She looks good for her age. I first watched her on The Project, a news show and thought that she's pretty funny. I've watched some of her stand-up comedy segments too.

Edit: I also follow her on Facebook.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 08:59:16 PM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 05:15:47 AM »
Some of the SNL comedians are genuinely funny. Can't remember their names, though.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein