Author Topic: Well everyone I tested positive for CoronaVirus  (Read 5854 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Well everyone I tested positive for CoronaVirus
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2023, 07:42:06 AM »
After two months or so my taste buds are still a bit off.

I'm not sure that mine have ever come back to "normal." I had no other symptoms, but I noticed that I could no longer taste mustard at first.

I have often thought that I had weird taste buds. I can taste (and smell) metals in food. The imitation chocolate flavors they add to cheap chocolates is a NO GO for me. Most kid candies are, too. They smell like someone added some dumpster chemical spill flavor to the mix.

:headhurts:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2023, 10:09:16 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2023, 08:18:47 AM »
I don’t like the taste of canned foods, including canned tomatoes. I don’t know why TV chefs use those for cooking instead of fresh ones on the vine, the latter tastes 10x better to me.
:dog:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2023, 11:18:17 AM »
I tend to agree. I grew up with lots of canned foods, but now I prefer frozen if we can't use fresh, especially for vegetables.

Where we live now we can not grow "produce" due the HOA restrictions. Any plants for food have to be kept in containers.
Growing tomatoes to fruiting stage in some kind of pot is difficult. I know people do this and I have too, but it requires constant care and more than once a day watering.

A mature tomato root system would fill a 55 gallon drum if you expect more than a token handful of tomatoes or so.

Now, I cheat some.
I grew onions, herbs and garlic chives all around my back patio last year. I plan on expanding some this year as the weather turns.
I already have onions and garlic growing and my rosemary has survived the worst month of cold since they are cold hardy, mostly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2023, 10:52:25 PM »
Ugh, I hope I never have to move to a place with an HOA. No vegetable garden? Dealbreaker right there.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2023, 04:31:39 PM »

I'm not sure that mine have ever come back to "normal." I had no other symptoms, but I noticed that I could no longer taste mustard at first.

I have often thought that I had weird taste buds. I can taste (and smell) metals in food. The imitation chocolate flavors they add to cheap chocolates is a NO GO for me. Most kid candies are, too. They smell like someone added some dumpster chemical spill flavor to the mix.

I discovered that Parmesan cheese is no longer an option because it now smells like puke. A shame because I did a pretty mean Carbonara.

I'd describe my taste buds as very unreliable. Some things are just fine while others are off. It's very difficult to know for sure.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2023, 04:46:10 PM »
I tend to agree. I grew up with lots of canned foods, but now I prefer frozen if we can't use fresh, especially for vegetables.

Where we live now we can not grow "produce" due the HOA restrictions. Any plants for food have to be kept in containers.
Growing tomatoes to fruiting stage in some kind of pot is difficult. I know people do this and I have too, but it requires constant care and more than once a day watering.

A mature tomato root system would fill a 55 gallon drum if you expect more than a token handful of tomatoes or so.

Now, I cheat some.
I grew onions, herbs and garlic chives all around my back patio last year. I plan on expanding some this year as the weather turns.
I already have onions and garlic growing and my rosemary has survived the worst month of cold since they are cold hardy, mostly.

Yeah, frozen is definitely better than canned. If you can grow onions, you can grow potatoes, right? You can buy potato bags where you transfer soil from the bottom to the top (as potatoes tend to keep rising to the surface and going green).

Rosemary is delicious with fried or roast potatoes and bacon. Yummmmmmm. Sage is good with potatoes too.

Simple recipe that has nothing to do with potatoes: A day old bread roll torn up into inch chunks, coated very lightly in olive oil, sprinkled with grated gruyère cheese and roasted. REALLY REALLY good.
:dog:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2023, 03:04:32 PM »
Ugh, I hope I never have to move to a place with an HOA. No vegetable garden? Dealbreaker right there.

Problem is that if you move to a nicer home like we did, you will be strapped down by an HOA of some sort.

I have read the entire eighty seven page document of "rules" and re-read certain parts, but about ninety percent of the statement has to do with any construction you might plan in the future and extreme restrictions to home improvement crews doing work in the neighborhood.

... and the HOA management company is based in Pennsylvania, FFS!
There are a number of HOA trucks that cruise through on a weekly basis doing odd things like clearing drains after a hard rain, trimming up trees encroaching upon the street, tending beauty areas like the waterfall/pond entranceway, warning people that their mailbox post is leaning or that someone left a shed door open overnight. They do some good and some nonsense busy body shit.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 03:06:35 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2023, 03:16:37 PM »

I discovered that Parmesan cheese is no longer an option because it now smells like puke. A shame because I did a pretty mean Carbonara.

I'd describe my taste buds as very unreliable. Some things are just fine while others are off. It's very difficult to know for sure.

There might be some hope for your Carbonara. It's been about a year since I was first shown to have two variants of antibodies present, indicating I had been exposed and infected by Covid 19.

I can taste mustard now, at least a little. Not yet the same, but at least I can taste it again.

There was no aversion to mustard, though. Other than eating something with no flavor that I used to use just for its flavor. Kind of like some of those grass salads I see some folk trying to choke down. I could eat that, too, I just don't want to.
 :dunno:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2023, 03:27:18 PM »

Now, I cheat some.

Yeah, frozen is definitely better than canned. If you can grow onions, you can grow potatoes, right? You can buy potato bags where you transfer soil from the bottom to the top (as potatoes tend to keep rising to the surface and going green).

Rosemary is delicious with fried or roast potatoes and bacon. Yummmmmmm. Sage is good with potatoes too.

Simple recipe that has nothing to do with potatoes: A day old bread roll torn up into inch chunks, coated very lightly in olive oil, sprinkled with grated gruyère cheese and roasted. REALLY REALLY good.

At the current prices of fresh foods, anything I can grow will be more of a pleasure than ever before.

Being restricted to container gardening means I will have to re-hone my skills a bit.
I don't feel defeated, just hobbled some.

When I was still apartment living I used to grow several potato plants in a large garbage can that sat on my back deck.
It worked.
 :LOL:

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2023, 04:16:36 PM »

Problem is that if you move to a nicer home like we did, you will be strapped down by an HOA of some sort.

I have read the entire eighty seven page document of "rules" and re-read certain parts, but about ninety percent of the statement has to do with any construction you might plan in the future and extreme restrictions to home improvement crews doing work in the neighborhood.

... and the HOA management company is based in Pennsylvania, FFS!
There are a number of HOA trucks that cruise through on a weekly basis doing odd things like clearing drains after a hard rain, trimming up trees encroaching upon the street, tending beauty areas like the waterfall/pond entranceway, warning people that their mailbox post is leaning or that someone left a shed door open overnight. They do some good and some nonsense busy body shit.

My vague plan if I got to the point of being able to afford that is to buy a lot or a condemned house in an older neighbourhood that doesn't have an HOA, and build from scratch with a custom design. I'm staying the hell away from the kind of neighborhood where they have rules about architectural styles, the colour you can paint your house, or there's one construction company that does all the building in the area.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2023, 04:18:30 PM »
Being restricted to container gardening means I will have to re-hone my skills a bit.
I don't feel defeated, just hobbled some.

When I was still apartment living I used to grow several potato plants in a large garbage can that sat on my back deck.
It worked.
 :LOL:

Do large above-ground wooden beds count as containers?

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #101 on: February 28, 2023, 06:48:27 PM »

Now, I cheat some.

A 55 gallon drum is a container.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2023, 11:32:31 AM »

Now, I cheat some.

A 55 gallon drum is a container.  :zoinks:

Technically correct, but I would not be able to sneak in eight or ten barrels out back just to fill my freezer with fresh, home made tomato sauce for the winter.
I raised that many tomatoes at the old place for over twenty years and put up dozens of quarts of sauce, just in my city small back yard, every year.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2023, 02:57:41 PM »
The Corona virus levels are currently very low. Dare one hope?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2023, 07:41:44 PM »
Almost everyone I know has had it.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae