Educational

Author Topic: New Normal  (Read 4599 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: New Normal
« Reply #90 on: November 26, 2021, 04:14:02 PM »
And now there's a new Variant.  Omicron. I find it fascinating it came out of Africa, Coronavirus seems to be something that isn't going away anytime soon

It's not going away. We'll have to learn to live with it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #91 on: November 26, 2021, 04:14:42 PM »
"Omicron"? Missed this in the news. I guess this is the new African variant, right?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #92 on: November 26, 2021, 04:19:15 PM »
"Omicron"? Missed this in the news. I guess this is the new African variant, right?

Apparently.  It's beginning to make me wonder if this WAS manufactured.     :hide: :tinfoil:  Not to be paranoid, but, it's not behaving like past pandemics.  We may be dealing with more years of this shit ahead of us.  <SIGH>
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2021, 04:27:12 PM »
This is supposedly a lot like the Spanish Flu was, a hundred years ago. They had no way to identify the variants like we do but the progress of the bloody thing has been very similar.

Evolution is a bitch but this should shut up the nutters who still doubt it.

(I know it won't but one can dream, right?)

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #94 on: November 26, 2021, 04:46:34 PM »
The conspiracy/anti-vax morons will just say it's continued fearmongering or the government deliberately modifying the virus, possibly both at the same time. Never underestimate their lack of logic or critical thinking skills.

I hate to say it, I sort of wish for another lockdown, one that is done properly. Sadly governments and businesses won't allow that because they care more about money than anything else, rather than admit the entire system is unsustainable.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2021, 04:57:04 PM »
I want my third shot. The 5G reception is not as good anymore.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Dirty Big Yoke

• Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Gloriously big heap of shite
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2021, 05:14:34 PM »
I was wondering why I had roaming charges when I travelled home to see my family.

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2021, 05:42:45 PM »
There is no way I'm taking a 3rd shot. Just gonna let my Immune system handle business from here on out
:skywarp:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2021, 05:46:22 PM »

Apparently.  It's beginning to make me wonder if this WAS manufactured.     :hide: :tinfoil:  Not to be paranoid, but, it's not behaving like past pandemics.  We may be dealing with more years of this shit ahead of us.  <SIGH>
or Gain of function that escaped from a bio lab, that was funded partly by our dumb government?  :trump: :aff: :kapkao: :murica:

Oh yes ~
:skywarp:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2021, 04:11:32 PM »
There is no way I'm taking a 3rd shot. Just gonna let my Immune system handle business from here on out

Your immune system is about to forget what it learned. Don't you think it might be a good idea to remind it? Give the virus an opportunity to mutate and retry your immune system, and you'll be sick for real.

Plus, even if you have mild symptoms or if you're asymptomatic, you will carry the mutation and others might catch it while it's trying its best to get through. Not everyone catching it from you will be as lucky.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2021, 04:13:13 PM »
As long as people refuse to take their shots, the bloody virus will have all the space it needs. FFS, it's not a conspiracy or a joke, it's real and we all now have to rely on others.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2021, 02:20:46 AM »
Some French backpacker who came here after a visit to another state brought in the virus and went to about a dozen different places while he was symptomatic. I mean, he went out a LOT. So now it's back to masks everywhere except home over Christmas and New Year's.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2021, 05:07:02 AM »
Got tired of the rules constantly changing, especially when it changes by setting. Not even sure what the rules are here anymore, or even the general expectations. Wear a mask, keep a distance, and don't go out unless needed. Those things have proven to have positive results personally, have completely become the new normal and not going to change that anymore unless have to.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2021, 04:10:02 PM »
Well duh. Avoid people. Not that difficult to grasp, not really.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2021, 05:55:41 PM »
Well duh. Avoid people. Not that difficult to grasp, not really.
Just realized my previous post wasn't clear. Was talking about masks in response to Renaeden's post, and not knowing the current rules for masks, because the rules have changed too many times to care anymore.