Author Topic: Tribute to these celebs who died of the COVID-19  (Read 470 times)

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
Re: Tribute to these celebs who died of the COVID-19
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 09:11:21 AM »
we will all get it unless they can eradicate it like Smallpox

There is another way, eradicate it like SARS and MERS. Ramp up testing, get in touch with every contact of a person who tests positive, it might even be possible to detect the virus in raw sewage and track it to specific suburbs or localities. Stamp it out at the source.

True. SARS has basically disappeared from the planet with only few pop ups since it's discovery. MERS seems to be on a similar track as SARS. not very common there has only been 2 people in the US for instance that have had it.

COVID19 seems to be related to SARS but is way more contagious than either SARS or MERS. Death rates range from everywhere from 1.3 percent to 3.4%

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-do-sars-and-mers-compare-with-covid-19#MERS

You do have to Test, Track and stomp it out however My government (USA) is slow as fuck to do anything. of course we lead the world in cases and deaths. 60,000 people dying here will be considered a success.  :P

We have 42,000 dead now. Anyways, COVID19 seems to be way more contagious than SARS and MERS. Hopefully some theraputics can be found as well a cure. Antivirals, Etc.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:57:44 AM by Jesse »
:skywarp:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 09:21:40 AM »
I keep wondering why they aren't ramping up testing around here.
Kinda shocked Sweden is still not on lockdown, perhaps your leader is trying to be like Trump?  :zoinks:
:skywarp:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2020, 12:40:27 AM »

Limited availability of test kits and high cost.

Hopefully there will be more and cheaper in coming months.

Yeah, you're right.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2020, 12:41:12 AM »
They developed a test in Canada which has results in under an hour. I heard it was going to be approved for mass distribution last week but didn't hear if that went through or not. I suspect it did.

I've heard about a couple of such tests but nobody seems to be distributing them anywhere yet.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 12:55:56 AM »
Kinda shocked Sweden is still not on lockdown, perhaps your leader is trying to be like Trump?  :zoinks:

Not really, it's just that here, the government advice remains just that, advice. They're not enforcing much, just recommending. It works with the Swedish population because traditionally people tend to listen to, and trust, the government, but the immigrants have a different background and tend to ignore any so-called authority.

Of course, large gatherings of people are banned - pretty much all public events have been cancelled, cinemas are closed, etc - but self-isolation is not mandatory and restaurants and the like remain open, albeit with limited seating.

On the whole, they claim the approach is working but we have twice the number of deaths per million people when compared with our neighbouring countries, so a lot of us have doubts. There are a number of possible explanations (the lack of testing and a far higher percentage of infected than the official numbers are regularly being suggested) but it's still worrying.

And the fact is that we are not protecting our older population as well as we should. In Gothenburg, the closest major city to where I live, Sweden's second largest, a third of the old people's homes have infections.

Thankfully, the government is not trying to emulate Trump, though.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 06:47:29 PM »
They developed a test in Canada which has results in under an hour. I heard it was going to be approved for mass distribution last week but didn't hear if that went through or not. I suspect it did.

I've heard about a couple of such tests but nobody seems to be distributing them anywhere yet.
Yeah they said they're meeting Canadian needs first before they ship them out of the country.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline SBI_Patience

• It all happens in the Aspies Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Patience² = Banter&¾
    • Midnight's Instagram
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2020, 04:51:35 AM »
A British rapper a few days ago under the name of Ty aged 47 died from the complications caused by the coronavirus.
Formerly known as superboyian.
i2 is well better than watching daytime TV. :zoinks:

Offline postpaleo

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2020, 01:03:48 AM »
Conway died and someone figured out his knot shortly after. It's all cruel. I suppose if you believe in a life after, it was him with an after thought. But that would be extremely unfair to the very young Lady that did it.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 01:09:33 AM by postpaleo »