Educational

Author Topic: Alexandria Occasional-Cortex and the "Green New Deal".  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Alexandria Occasional-Cortex and the "Green New Deal".
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »
OMG Al has reading comprehension issues AGAIN.

She is the Boss isn't she Odeon?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2019, 03:19:01 AM »

This one makes even less sense than your last one.

I can see why you don't like AOC. She's everything you're not.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2019, 03:21:12 AM »

This one makes even less sense than your last one.

I can see why you don't like AOC. She's everything you're not.

SHE doesn't make sense. If you don't get it, that is completely on you.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2019, 03:24:48 AM »
Your problem is that she makes a lot of sense whereas Trump doesn't. Somewhere deep down I think you must know this. You obviously don't understand why, but that is to be expected from Trump apologists. There's a reason why idiots turn to other idiots.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2019, 06:04:21 AM »
Your problem is that she makes a lot of sense whereas Trump doesn't. Somewhere deep down I think you must know this. You obviously don't understand why, but that is to be expected from Trump apologists. There's a reason why idiots turn to other idiots.

Look, I KNOW you have no idea how what she says is unworkable, irrational and a little insane. The Democrats panicked when Mitch McConnell suggested putting the deal to vote. The reason is that as a means to virtue signal for "nice" but wholly impractical ideas is what it is. What it is not is a practical and implementable idea. Hence her dummy spit here and glossing over the criticism.

It is like me running for office and saying that I have a plan to bring in world peace, the eliminate  poverty,  end drug abuse and then being very fucking short on details and offering vague wishful thoughts to this end.

Now if you are "nice", you may want that too and even humour such an idea because "who doesn't want nice things"?

That does NOT imbue the position as being doable and if you are stupid enough to think otherwise that does not mean anything other than you have a problem with critical thinking.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 05:13:39 PM by Al Swearengen »

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2019, 04:39:04 PM »

Neither make a lot of sense
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2019, 05:26:43 PM »

You pretty much summed up this entire thread, pal.
 :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2019, 05:38:44 PM »
I don't expect everything that AOC says will be instantly workable. She puts forward s lot of ideas that are a tad half-baked. But the goals and direction I can agree with. The ideas still need some work.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2019, 06:12:37 PM »
I don't expect everything that AOC says will be instantly workable. She puts forward s lot of ideas that are a tad half-baked. But the goals and direction I can agree with. The ideas still need some work.

A "tad"

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2019, 06:30:34 PM »

A "tad"

Is that a complaint about me using big words to confuse you again?

I'd rather her half-baked vision than the fully formed reality of Trump or HRC.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2019, 08:03:20 PM »

I sorta agree. But there are subtexts to each. And with that context, honestly, I feel that I 'get' what each
is generally saying.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2019, 08:03:59 PM »

A "tad"

Is that a complaint about me using big words to confuse you again?

I'd rather her half-baked vision than the fully formed reality of Trump or HRC.

Her ideas are completely baked and unworkable. It is NOT to say that you cannot sift through and pull a few bits from it and the isolate the rest of the stupidity and then with those elements you see some potential with, downgrade, re-work, and such and get some good out of it but THAT is not how it was presented.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #102 on: March 03, 2019, 03:05:58 AM »
I doubt everything in AOC's proposal is doable over the next ten years but her opponents seem to think that the alternative is to do nothing or even to go in the opposite direction. Their idea of debate is to focus on AOC's person and uninformed ridicule rather than the issues she's trying to solve.

The fact is that there's now precious little time to solve those issues.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2019, 06:10:01 AM »
The fact is that there's now precious little time to solve those issues.

Based on what working model are you referencing this to?
Which Climate change modeling has worked thus far?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2019, 01:10:16 AM »
Are you familiar with the Paris accord? The one that your hero left? Have you followed the news at all lately? Have you noticed the reports of increasingly extreme weather around the globe this year and the last?

Now, I know your hero's idea of fixing things is raking the forests while appointing a fake climate change panel, but most sensible people think this is not enough. Don't make yourself even more of a joke by pulling another closet climate denial
stunt here.

- Albert Einstein