Educational

Author Topic: Alexandria Occasional-Cortex and the "Green New Deal".  (Read 4771 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Alexandria Occasional-Cortex and the "Green New Deal".
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2019, 12:54:51 AM »
I think Al would be great in the role. He isn't needlessly burdened by facts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2019, 04:30:55 AM »
I think Al would be great in the role. He isn't needlessly burdened by facts.

Al, you should apply for the role of Trump's next press secretary. You'd be great at it. You are both drama llamas. Are you orange?

Of course reading comprehension is not a prerequisite for the role. He wants the wall. It was a deal that he didn't want. It suits him best for it to be the maximum drama and distraction.

"Derpy...derp...derp"

Look I get it. You guys KNOW that Trump announced his Presidency on June 16, 2015 and on his first big speech he described the problem of illegal immigration and a need to build a wall to protect America. It was universally panned by Liberals INCLUDING you guys.

He announced his intent THEN to build a wall.

This "Wow! He is actually gonna build a wall! Who would have thought that? I don't think he really wanted to", IS actually more stupid than stupid.

He has made that a front and centre commitment and will rise or fall on his 2020 re-election hopes based on this. 44 MONTHS. 44 MONTHS LATER and you are somewhat confused about his intentions.

Now you deflect and say that "I" am not burdened by facts. You two are down the rabbit hole.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2019, 04:47:01 AM »
This "Wow! He is actually gonna build a wall! Who would have thought that? I don't think he really wanted to", IS actually more stupid than stupid.

What really is more stupid than stupid is making endless arguments about things that have not been said.

Dude, the statement I made and reiterated was that he didn't want a deal. How difficult is that to get your mind around?

This is where I start missing the relative intellectual stimulation I got from reading McDangly's posts.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2019, 05:59:23 AM »

What really is more stupid than stupid is making endless arguments about things that have not been said.

Dude, the statement I made and reiterated was that he didn't want a deal. How difficult is that to get your mind around?

This is where I start missing the relative intellectual stimulation I got from reading McDangly's posts.

He absolutely DID want a deal. He would not have given a figure reduced by about 500% of his original ask AND shutdown the government AND then allow the Congress 3 weeks to get him a deal with his $5 billion.

Fuck me. It is like you filter the news. Or perhaps just go on extended breaks without any news and then drop in without following up on what you may have missed before and make uncontextualised proclamations devoid of hard facts.

The real story is not about any of that shit it is about the disingenuous spin on both sides and the stupid gamesmanship.

Trump DID expose the other side a little for their hypocrisy and inability to act in the interest of America. The fact that the bill gave $7 billion for construction of walls to protect other countries was a big one as were the previous election cycle promises.
But those are not big points for Trump in the scheme of things. It is like him getting a billion when he was promised by Pelosi that she would only give him one dollar. "Well he showed her" "So fucking what?"

It is all pretty wanky. He will start building the 55 miles. He will take on the lawsuits by every fucking blue state. By the time it gets through to Supreme court he will be leading into 2020 and the "Constitution Originalists" on the Court - Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh and Alito will face down the "Constitution is a living document" - Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor and Kagan. With the Swinging vote Republican lite.

But if RBG does not last that long, It will be Amy Barrett tipping the balance.

He should have one this a lot sooner. The gamesmanship was not worth the delay. I think despite these little "wins" it was a little bit full of shit. He should have veto any bullshit. Got a Continuing resolution to fund the government. Declared a nation Emergency. The whole subtle machinations are lost on me. Its all bullshit. He needs a wall. A wall was promised. Barrier? Yup, fine, build it.

I think he wanted the deal but I have no idea why? He should run right over the top of them. Fuck them.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »
Yours is a wondrous world, unburdened by facts. I love it how you seem to think that everyone else is missing the point when you only ever digest the usual Trumpist lies.

Oh well. You never were the sharpest tool in the box. /shrugs
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2019, 02:23:49 PM »
Yours is a wondrous world, unburdened by facts. I love it how you seem to think that everyone else is missing the point when you only ever digest the usual Trumpist lies.

Oh well. You never were the sharpest tool in the box. /shrugs

It is actually you that has a hard time with drawing sensible conclusions from facts.

When did first describe getting that physical barrier in place? 2015.

Has it been the pillar of his campaign? Yes.

Was he promised wall funding for the upcoming year if he signed the $1 trillion bill in the 2017/2018 budgeting period? Yes

Was he he shutting down the government this year after asking $5 billion instead of figures up to $25 billion he originally said he needed? Yes

Did he open back up the government and ask that Congress have another look at the bill? Yes.

Did he sign the negotiated bill? Yes

These are all facts. Draw whatever conclusions you like but if those conclusions are he doesn't  really want the bill nor did he want his $5 billion dollar wall deal....you are simply too stupid to process facts to rational effect

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2019, 06:22:22 AM »
You might want to check your "facts". :laugh:

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2019, 09:44:45 AM »
You might want to check your "facts". :laugh:

Nope I have they are and will remain facts. Not fitting your strange narrative does not mean they are not facts. In fact it probably makes a better case for something being a fact ion the first place.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »
I have to agree with Les here. He wants whatever helps him. He would gain a lot if
the money to build the wall were appropriated fully.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2019, 05:04:21 PM »
What benefits Trump's reputation more:
* He asks for money to build a wall, many agree that it is a good use of those funds and they give him the $$$$&
* He asks for money to build a wall. Others refuse to give him the money. He fights for it, still can't get the $$$), but in the end he stands by his word and builds the wall anyway.

Option 2 suits Trump perfectly. To the extent that he made sure that option 1 was never going to happen.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2019, 02:38:36 AM »
I doubt the wall will be built, regardless.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2019, 04:41:23 AM »
I doubt the wall will be built, regardless.

The US-Mexico border stretches for 1,954 miles. Currently, physical barriers cover 654 of those miles, according to US Customs and Border Protection

$8 Billion left to use BEFORE the National Emergency Funds are made available. I calculate that is roughly 440 miles more.

That would leave about 850 miles. I have not a clue how much the National Emergency Funds will cover of that 850 miles but some of it will not be necessary due to terrain and vegetation making it impossible or improbable that an illegal immigrant to cross. So how much will he need to wall off?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2019, 06:50:37 AM »
Well, he's claiming to be building the wall now. Imaginary actions tend to be cheaper than real ones.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2019, 07:59:08 AM »
Well, he's claiming to be building the wall now. Imaginary actions tend to be cheaper than real ones.

Imaginary

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2018/09/26/trump-border-wall-construction-underway-downtown-el-paso-texas/1437573002/

Do you have a clue what you are talking about?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2019, 12:40:34 PM »
It's not Trump's wall. It's not what he's been trying to fund.

https://www.vox.com/2019/2/21/18234613/trump-tweets-border-wall-construction-explained

Have someone draw pictures and explain this to you. I can't be arsed.

- Albert Einstein