Educational

Author Topic: The Wall  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: The Wall
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2019, 05:15:21 AM »
What else would you expect from a radical leftist like Ann Coulter.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2019, 05:36:00 AM »
The biggest spin will be that he has "made up or invented" this particular national emergency for his own purposes.

It's not a spin. He admitted as much on camera. He didn't have to do this, he simply thought this would be quicker.

He's like a child throwing a tantrum after being told off by his parents.

No he did not HAVE to, the Left could have come to the party. How much are they giving to Israel and Syria to build up THEIR borders? $7 billion? Why give THEM a wall and not the US?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2019, 05:37:52 AM »
He's abusing his power, and he pretty much admitted it on camera. He invented the "emergency".

Mr Art of the Deal looks more like his boss every day.

Abusing his power? So you are saying that he has not the Constitutional authority or are you saying it is completely in his Constitutional right but you just don't like it? (In answering this I can show the Constitutional authority)

I am saying that he invented the crisis to get funding for his vanity project. I would have thought you capable of figuring this out.

The whole idea of a president's national emergency powers is, well, an actual emergency. No such thing in this case. Trump knows this and said as much on camera.

He created this? How does he create 400 000 illegal immigrants coming across the border illegally? Please make sense.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2019, 05:56:09 AM »
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2018/11/27/u-s-unauthorized-immigrant-total-dips-to-lowest-level-in-a-decade/

Some interesting stats for the numerically literate amongst us.

There is no crisis. This is a massive dog whistle. A distraction. A divisive piece of symbolism.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2019, 06:27:49 AM »
http://www.pewhispanic.org/2018/11/27/u-s-unauthorized-immigrant-total-dips-to-lowest-level-in-a-decade/

There is no crisis. This is a massive dog whistle. A distraction. A divisive piece of symbolism.

What about the ones that never make it into the stats like these cases

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/human-smuggling-across-the-southern-border/

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2019, 07:37:40 AM »
@DD only, because I don't give a shit about the rest of you jackasses.

Do you think the wall will actually stop them?

No, but a barrier patrolled on both sides is a damn good start. It is still up to people to protect and defend our borders.
 :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2019, 07:43:01 AM »
The biggest spin will be that he has "made up or invented" this particular national emergency for his own purposes.

It's not a spin. He admitted as much on camera. He didn't have to do this, he simply thought this would be quicker.

No. Of course, you are correct. I used the wrong word, kind of thinking about astronomy rather than media spin.
I would assume the this thing will end up like an out of balance top spinning out of control.

Wobble might have been a better word, but I fear that perturbation might actually describe this move even more aptly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2019, 10:43:37 AM »

While there are too many human rights violations to address in a short term, tHe urgency is more about (to most working, educated Americans) what to do to deal with this recent idea that a caravan of lost souls can just maybe get lucky and get across then set up housekeeping in secret and enter illegally, then be forgotten as so many have in the past.

I grew up seven miles from Mexico, near McAllen, Texas and I know illegals when I see them. I have looked the other way for fifty years and mostly the ones who are here legally, supporting old parents and grandparents work hard to keep their families together. Even to the point of having four or more generations living in a tiny shanty that I would not want to spend a week off, fishing in.

These people are just looking for work and when they find work they work hard, harder than any teen USA debutantes I have ever met.

In most ways people think that I know, the barricades will funnel trustworthy folk from southern wild and dangerous lands into a safe place to find a better life.
Honestly, just surviving is better than some of these people can look forward to finding from where they began their journeys.

The problem is that we were never expecting this massive amount of (I do not want to think of this as an invasion, even though it kind of IS) humans all needing access at the same time.
We were not prepared for these numbers. Even one tenth of who want to be admitted exceeds what we were prepared to deal with.

Most of us want these old school Americans to become residents of The USA, but it has to happen within the rule of law.

I have a multi-generational family living one block away. I rarely see the elders (They are illegal), but the youngers, about in their thirties and even children who attend local public schools, are all working and at least doing their best.
I offer them some of my garden bounty when I can. I used to see them every morning awaiting the school bus.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 10:46:34 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2019, 12:08:41 AM »

No he did not HAVE to, the Left could have come to the party. How much are they giving to Israel and Syria to build up THEIR borders? $7 billion? Why give THEM a wall and not the US?

Since he didn't HAVE TO, it's not a national emergency. And you're trying to shift the goalposts.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2019, 12:11:05 AM »
He's abusing his power, and he pretty much admitted it on camera. He invented the "emergency".

Mr Art of the Deal looks more like his boss every day.

Abusing his power? So you are saying that he has not the Constitutional authority or are you saying it is completely in his Constitutional right but you just don't like it? (In answering this I can show the Constitutional authority)

I am saying that he invented the crisis to get funding for his vanity project. I would have thought you capable of figuring this out.

The whole idea of a president's national emergency powers is, well, an actual emergency. No such thing in this case. Trump knows this and said as much on camera.

He created this? How does he create 400 000 illegal immigrants coming across the border illegally? Please make sense.

There is no emergency. The numbers are the lowest in a decade. Do try to read up on the basics.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2019, 12:18:06 AM »

This is a human tragedy and a strawman argument, not a national emergency.

But let me show you what a national emergency looks like:

https://www.thetrace.org/
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/13/us-gun-deaths-levels-cdc-2017
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/us/gun-deaths.html

Imagine what a president with actual values might be able to do, given the precedent set by the orange baby.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #161 on: February 19, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »
@DD only, because I don't give a shit about the rest of you jackasses.

Do you think the wall will actually stop them?

No, but a barrier patrolled on both sides is a damn good start. It is still up to people to protect and defend our borders.
 :thumbup: :thumbup:

What do you think of expanding the quota for entry to accommodate more than a trickle of people trying to take the legal route? I guess it will never match the need so long as there is such a steep quality of life difference on each side of the border.

Al, I can see your point that the wall would slow people down. I don't think it's the best investment for the money, though, because the time and money it would take to complete such a project could be so much better spent improving the facilities and making the process more efficient for dealing with the people who have come through.

And I definitely don't support declaring a national emergency over it in an attempt to manipulate the political system.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: February 19, 2019, 10:30:09 PM »
Is the national emergency an attempt to manipulate the political system, or an attempt to manipulate public opinion and public perception?

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2019, 11:28:33 PM »
Zombie deer will patrol the borders

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2019, 11:45:23 PM »