Author Topic: The Wall  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: The Wall
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2019, 12:53:16 AM »
A white horse walks into a bar with an ogic.

The barman says "hey, we've got a whisky named after you". And the ogic says "okay, give me an ogic on the rocks then".
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2019, 01:26:12 AM »
Hey, there's nothing wrong with Icequeen's ogic.

(I'm just gonna pretend like I know what an ogic is so I look clever).

Do you think exceptions make the rule?

Exceptions to what?

Exceptions to you posting bollocks? Exceptions to me posting bollocks?

Excepts do not make the rule.
In the quoted instance was Icequeen having stated the most drugs come in through the legal ports of entry in the US.

To prove this, she showed $17 mill of Fentanyl was discovered. This proves.....not a lot.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2019, 01:37:51 AM »

Exceptions to what?

In the quoted instance was Icequeen having stated the most drugs come in through the legal ports of entry in the US.

To prove this, she showed $17 mill of Fentanyl was discovered. This proves.....not a lot.

DEA figures might be interesting to you Al.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2019, 01:42:01 AM »

Exceptions to what?

DEA figures might be interesting to you Al.

Yes because they will show how much was transporyed into the US and from where NOT what amounts were stopped and from where, they will track where the drugs that were not intercepted and where they came from...right?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2019, 02:07:36 AM »
I'd trust the DEA figures and projections over the non-existent data you're not offering Al.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2019, 02:11:09 AM »
I'd trust the DEA figures and projections over the non-existent data you're not offering Al.

How much and from where did the drugs come that they did not discover and intercept? Out of interest AND (here is the big one) how do they know?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2019, 09:11:16 AM »
Why don't you look it up? Surely it's preferable to basing your assumptions on Trump's lies.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2019, 09:42:48 AM »
Sure some people coming across the border are carrying drugs....in "insufficient" quantities...in an attempt to make some money. Cash is king.

But it's not the dark ages...most of it is "transporyed" by truck, boat, plane, tunnel, homemade subs, or drones. Many times facilitated by people that live here and know the terrain and area they're dealing with better than any immigrant.

A wall is about as "effective" of a solution to any of this ....as cutting your leg off and putting a band aid on it is.

You block off "one" opening...but like hacking...there's always another route.

All this wall will serve as IMO...is an expensive monument to someone's fragile ego, let him build a statue instead for his worshipers to kneel at... and let the taxpayers spend the money on something we really need...like better healthcare.

That's my "ogic".

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2019, 09:58:11 AM »
Sure some people coming across the border are carrying drugs....in "insufficient" quantities...in an attempt to make some money. Cash is king.

But it's not the dark ages...most of it is "transporyed" by truck, boat, plane, tunnel, homemade subs, or drones. Many times facilitated by people that live here and know the terrain and area they're dealing with better than any immigrant.

A wall is about as "effective" of a solution to any of this ....as cutting your leg off and putting a band aid on it is.

You block off "one" opening...but like hacking...there's always another route.

All this wall will serve as IMO...is an expensive monument to someone's fragile ego, let him build a statue instead for his worshipers to kneel at... and let the taxpayers spend the money on something we really need...like better healthcare.

That's my "ogic".

There we go. Because a wall will not stop all illegal immigration and all associated crime and risk, then there should not be a wall. It HAS to be all or nothing. How much percentage of the budget does the wall represent and are you  REALLY pretending $5 billion spend would mean that money that could be spent on healthcare can't be spent? You aren't that stupid so why pretend to make such a bad faith premise?

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2019, 10:10:50 AM »
Seriously Al, I'm done here....I don't have time or the crayons to deal with your "ogic".

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 10:36:08 AM »
Back to the wall...

This is from a 1950's episode of the series "Trackdown"

"Walter Trump" a snake oil salesman comes to a small western town...telling them the end of the world is near...and only he can save them...by building a wall.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trackdown-trump-character-wall/

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 11:52:15 AM »
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2019, 11:22:15 PM »
On a more serious note

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2019, 02:47:55 AM »
The orange moron said the other day that in Honduras, "another caravan is forming".

This is how populism works. His "base" will take this as a confirmation of the importance of the wall.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2019, 05:31:47 AM »
The orange moron said the other day that in Honduras, "another caravan is forming".

This is how populism works. His "base" will take this as a confirmation of the importance of the wall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/a-new-migrant-caravan-is-forming-in-central-america-with-plans-to-leave-next-week/2019/01/10/611024ba-137f-11e9-ab79-30cd4f7926f2_story.html?utm_term=.91febb8a763b

1) Get your sources right
2) Get your narrative right
3) Do not presume to know anyone's mind start with your own mind and try to understand how stupid it is.