Educational

Author Topic: 2018 in a nutsack.  (Read 9284 times)

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
Re: 2018 in a nutsack.
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »
Doxing is publishing personal information or identifying details on the internet. And I expect Odeon to be diligent when it comes to that.

Nothing else that happens on here matters to me at all.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2019, 10:34:42 PM »

So, Odeon's a baby, if you like.

Thanks. Yes. That was my conclusion. That this WHOLE screed was supposed to disagree with?

Damn. Why am I wasting my time wading through this?

Let me guess, somehow in the rest of it you're trying to disprove my conclusion again?
It doesn't really look that way.

Ok, it's a fair cop :)  I wasn't even trying to disprove that statement.  Maybe shoulda said "conclusions plural? or some other phrasing altogether , cos I do strongly disagree with certain OTT statements of yours, of the "This place is as bad as WP"  ilk. 

I've never been seriously involved in WP , but it does sound uncomfortably close to those other fora that  I talked about , going by what I;ve heard about  the place.  Though not quite that bad to be fair, it certainly had  (or has?) surreptitious bannings, and genuine suppression of free speech. to the point that criticism of Admin was suppressed, and so was mention of any "rival " fora suppressed

It was actually that (overtly stated)  suppression of information that stopped me getting involved in WP way back  when it first started out . There was already a thriving spazz network, and I was a member of a couple of those "rival " fora that Alex didn't want to  "advertise for free" . He;d come to us,   when WP was still in the planning stage,  full of questions, and we'd given him loads of ideas and advice and publicity. cos that was the way the spazz network was. Nobody thought it was a competition, and that very notion was offensive to most of the rest of us, and that supression of the free exchange pf information got a lot of peoples' alarm bells ringing.  So I stayed clear,  and when I started hearing stories from WP  mods, i was not at all surprised. But i can't claim intimate knowedge of that forum.

Be that as it may, the notion that  Odeon silences all crticism of himself is laughable, and Scrap's posts here form  part of the proof! Making snarky comebacks is not the same thing as supression at all.  Banning might be used to supress free speech ofc, but here it only ever seems to serve to interrupt a guy from banging on the same tune he's plastered all over the forum already; and I don't see any subsequent editing, save here and there for (arguably) comic effect.  We all know that tune by heart already.

Frankly, it pisses me off when anybody bangs on about supression of free speech on this forum, because that makes me think they have no idea what that's really like. I only got to know what it's really like  because, for some reason, I'm the kind of person that people tend to spill to, when they;'ve reached the end of  their tether, and when  their self-esteem has been so badly damaged that they hardly dare speak to anyone at all.  And I've been privilileged to be shown  the PMs and e-mails (often from Mods and Admins) that served to  get them into that state.; and it kinda snowballed from there and i got to find out more and more about the rotten underbelly. That hasn't happened here, to my knowlwedge, and I'd be bloody amazed to find out that was happening, The aggression is all on the surface at I^2 , isn't it?   :LOL: I might find that horribly tedious at times, but , at the same time i find it reassuring.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:42:07 PM by Walkie »

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2019, 10:57:49 PM »
Walkie, it's obvious from your recent posts that you see odeons behavior through rose colored glasses and view my responses to his shitty behavior in an uncharitable manner to say the least.

Please do us all a favor and quit pretending that you have some kind of unbiased opinion here.   ::)

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2019, 11:07:09 PM »
Would you care to lead by example, Scrap?

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2019, 11:44:05 PM »
Jesus Christ, Walkie.

Its really not that bad and Odeon is good in comparison and considering he gets called out on shit, he is very good in his duties.

The above is paraphrased but is that generally the shit sandwich you are asking us to chew on and swallow?

We can say I2 is not WP and no one has pretended it was in any way shape or form. We can say that Admins Can and have in the past been more authoritarian than Odeon and so on. NONE of this makes ANY defence of ANY point that has been discussed by anyone.

So with that ALL pushed aside as being COMPLETELY redundant. What are we actually arguing, critiquing or arguing (no point arguing at cross-purposes or from a redundant standpoint):

Odeon IS increasingly Authoritarian. Where he is today is NOT where he was 10 years ago and where he was 5 years ago is not where he is today and where he was 2 or 3 years ago is not where he is today and it is getting steadily worse and measurably so.

This is NOT Scrap or Cal or I being precious or delusional.

It would be the height of ridiculous to look at Odeon's want to change the poll settings in isolation and defend this one instance as being set aside from every other instance of him doing similar or worse and treating all of them as not part of a pattern and defending them being that IS bias and disingenuous. You are better than that Walkie.

He HAS threatened both Scrap and I with bans and NOT for doing anything outside the rules but because we pissed him off. He has threatened to quit because he was not getting his way and was not about to man up and admit his part and responsibility in a lot of shit of his own making.

You were there for much of this, you CAN NOT pretend you were completely obvious to it

Unlike some other forums where this kind of bullshit has gone on, we are predominately a small intimate group of long-term 30-60 year olds and are neither taking in new comers or doing anything to reinvigorate the forum. Some of the shit he is playing may fly when you are on WP. Worse will fly. Lose a member you have lost one active member of maybe 1000 that will log in that month. Lose Scrap, Lose QV, Lose Walkie, Lose Al. ANY member will be felt. That is why there is so much excitement and notice to the away/back threads. I want you mentally think what culling a dozen of the most active members would do to this board. You would be looking at a ghost town. Every member is integral even the ones we do not see eye to eye to.

I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 12:22:37 AM »
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2019, 12:53:48 AM »
I appreciate you keeping your hair on, Al. And I don't want to argue with you, excepr to observe that you know damned well I've been critical of Odeon at times.  This just isn't one of those times. Right now, i'm  attempting to counterbalance Scrap's excesses ...as I do honestly see it.  Looks like we'll just have to agree to differ on that.

Unlike some other forums where this kind of bullshit has gone on...

umm, but hang on, just to be clear, I'm not claiming that this kind of bullshit goes on anywhere else.   Almost everywhere else, to the best of my knowledge,  suspicion and hostilty get swept out of sight , where they  becomes something else,  something much more destructive , IMO.  Kudos to I^2 for not going that route. *shudder * .
We don't have the shiny, happy, friendly   exterior that other fora have  , and we don't have the rotten core either, IMO.

we are predominately a small intimate group of long-term 30-60 year olds and are neither taking in new comers or doing anything to reinvigorate the forum.
Lose a member you have lost one active member of maybe 1000 that will log in that month. Lose Scrap, Lose QV, Lose Walkie, Lose Al. ANY member will be felt. That is why there is so much excitement and notice to the away/back threads. I want you mentally think what culling a dozen of the most active members would do to this board. You would be looking at a ghost town. Every member is integral even the ones we do not see eye to eye to.

well, amen to that. Seriously. I certainly agree with you there. :) And i'm surely not trying to say that  we should ban anybody.

:apondering: and neither should we drive folk away if we can possibly help it, but that's probably asking too much :(
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:06:07 AM by Walkie »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2019, 01:08:33 AM »
... but I didn’t think posting just persons name equated to d0xxing.

It doesn't. Not generally. Hell, many places require that you use your real name.

Odeon has special rules, probably for personal reasons.

*groan*

These are not my rules.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2019, 01:11:52 AM »

No this is not drama but it is a point of contention

I have an idea why Walkie is framing it the way she is and minimising some aspects and downplaying other aspects. Doesn't mean it is not worth disputing nor drama when it is. Perhaps you could drama it up some?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2019, 01:15:05 AM »

It doesn't. Not generally. Hell, many places require that you use your real name.

*groan*

These are not my rules.

Sure you do. Why was I sinbinned and why did I have the mod put on me. Why did you threaten to ban me? Special rules.
Why were people saying shit about MY children not modded why were the people who did it to yours get modded?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2019, 01:16:48 AM »
You don't see Pyraxis or any of the other admins pulling this shit. They're not perfect, I'm sure. They're
just not fucking babies.

Remind me. When were they last targeted in polls or posts?

Fuck off, Cal. Your bullshit is as transparent as it ever was.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2019, 01:22:23 AM »

*groan*

These are not my rules.

Sure you do. Why was I sinbinned and why did I have the mod put on me. Why did you threaten to ban me? Special rules.
Why were people saying shit about MY children not modded why were the people who did it to yours get modded?

Were you trying to answer a different question? One that you wanted to discuss, maybe?

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2019, 01:23:17 AM »
You don't see Pyraxis or any of the other admins pulling this shit. They're not perfect, I'm sure. They're
just not fucking babies.

As is yours. How often do you neg Scrap with pissy little "Admin Abuse" type reasons. Don't even try to take a moral high ground or pretend you are simply hitting back. You do what you always do. You engage as a member, You fight as a member, People engage you as a member, they piss you of and you escalate to use tools they cannot use because you unlike them are an Admin.

You are weak as piss and everyone knows this. Cal is not saying anything crazy or outlandish. This is water is wet kind of stuff.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2019, 01:24:26 AM »

*groan*

These are not my rules.

Were you trying to answer a different question? One that you wanted to discuss, maybe?

You have a set of rules for you and a different set for your member base. Duh.

Offline Walkie

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2019, 01:29:47 AM »
just not fucking babies.

Good call. I'm  Pretty sure 'I've heard pyraxis make the exact same point before ...well, minus the "fuck off  Cal " part.  (But then, like you said,  she wasn't wearing a target, was she? That surely helps in keeping one's cool)

Heck I wish she were here. she is damned good at cutting through the crap. (besides which, I just miss her )