Educational

Author Topic: Does the president have too much power?  (Read 2781 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Does the president have too much power?
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2019, 11:54:37 AM »
I don't hate him. I think he is dangerously unfit for the position. He's an utter moron, laughably incompetent, and ridiculously inept in pretty much every way I can bother to define, which is exactly why he is so dangerous.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:40 PM »
I don't hate him. I think he is dangerously unfit for the position. He's an utter moron, laughably incompetent, and ridiculously inept in pretty much every way I can bother to define, which is exactly why he is so dangerous.

I read to the part where you said you think, then dismissed what came after it.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2019, 12:16:20 PM »
That's because reading is difficult for you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2019, 12:18:04 PM »
It's OK, though. I'll not make fun of you. Reading disabilities are real.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2019, 01:55:11 PM »
That's because reading is difficult for you.

No, its simply that i doubt your ability to think.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2019, 03:06:05 PM »
59-41 vote against the wall in congress. Including 12 Republicans siding with the Democrats. Not quite the two-thirds majority they need to override Trump's fake emergency.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2019, 03:49:28 PM »
59-41 vote against the wall in congress. Including 12 Republicans siding with the Democrats. Not quite the two-thirds majority they need to override Trump's fake emergency.

But a very clear indication to most sentient beings that people are not buying his bs.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »

But a very clear indication to most sentient beings that people are not buying his bs.

"People" generally? Or the Democrats and Republicans establishment in Congress?

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »
Haha, when even the republicans have had enough of the orange moron, all of the sudden they're "the establishment". You're pathetic.

If you ignore the fan base for a moment (and that includes you, btw), yes, I do mean people generally. Sentient beings. Not that you'd know what it means.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2019, 08:45:41 PM »
Haha, when even the republicans have had enough of the orange moron, all of the sudden they're "the establishment". You're pathetic.

If you ignore the fan base for a moment (and that includes you, btw), yes, I do mean people generally. Sentient beings. Not that you'd know what it means.

You are the poster boy for Pathetic. Proclaiming me or anyone else pathetic is of no consequence.

They were not "suddenly" establishment. What an entirely stupid thing to say.

Until recently there was very little difference in the two parties governance. Jeb Bush was not likely to offer much in the way of difference to Hillary. The Democrats and the Republicans had a sameness about them and were it not for abortion and Second Amendment polarisation , there was little between them. The Republican party was forever apologising for accusations of them being the racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobes they were always getting accused of by the Democrats and would back away from positions to be the bigger person and the Democrats would get their way through identity politics. Ultimately it was just a little theatre put on for the public as they all dined from the same swill bucket.

Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, John McCain, Mitt Romney and Marco Rubio all liked the status quo.

Along came Trump and threw cold water at that. Saying that the likes of Marco Rubio and Mitt Romney are establishment is hardly a shocking pronouncement.

Saying that the Congress mirrors the constituent's desires is hardly a truth claim.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2019, 03:37:55 AM »
Context is everything. You're trying to move the goalposts.

What a sad excuse of a human being you are.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2019, 07:09:42 AM »
Context is everything. You're trying to move the goalposts.

What a sad excuse of a human being you are.

You are the unwelcome and unknown squelch under one's boot.

An idiot would believe I was moving the goalpost.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2019, 04:14:27 AM »
Al, an idiot does what you do. But then, you wouldn't know because you are that idiot.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2019, 06:25:35 AM »
Al, an idiot does what you do. But then, you wouldn't know because you are that idiot.

Ah, but then I neither move the goalposts nor make claims that I do. You make such claims when no goalposts are moved. That makes you the idiot in this situation. Sucks to be you.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2019, 10:02:45 AM »
I thought Canadians were nice.  Just goes to show you can't trust a stereotyped idea.

They're passive aggressive.